Posts by kdrone

Try to edit guisettings.xml

Code
    <setting id="videoscreen.screenmode">0192001080060.00000pstd</setting>

Thanks that would have been helpful when I was trying to access that file, videoscreen.screenmode was empty. T%hat should be another way to do it.

My way though gives an immediate image on Kodi so you can then use the GUI to change settings.

For some reason the RPi 4 was detecting my display as 1920x1200 capable, I now excluded that resolution from the whitelist just to be safe. I think this board still needs some bugs ironed out.

Your issue seems on the surface much like mine where the hdmi is not detecting the cable being plugged in. If you move it around do you get any artifacts or images, you might have to do what I am planning on doing and looking into other micro hdmi adaptors

No it was a software issue, the screen was going off after Kodi was launched, as I explained.

I get no artifacts or anything, and if I was you I wouldn't be wiggling that around, you probably did damage the port.

I don't understand why Kodi was set to display its GUI at 1900x1200 but I also couldn't find how to change it on guisettings.xml

What I did is

- SSH into the Raspberry Pi

- type tvservice -m CEA to find a supported mode

- type tvservice --explicit "CEA 16 HDMI"

This made Kodi display and then I had to go to system settings and change resolution to 1080P. Problem solved, but I just wasted a whole day trying to figure all of this out :/

I just installed the OS several times, on my own and via NOOBS, always with the same result.

After the LibreELEC logo, my TV says "NO SIGNAL", and nothing happens.

Can't access SSH.

What's going on? Is it a bad Kodi config?

And yes, I have the HDMI cable plugged on HDMI 0 (near the USB-C port)

[edit] I just manged to open an SSH on the machine, it seems to be working, but it isn't displaying anything. What do I do at this point and why did this happen?

[edit 2] tvservice reposrts this:

state 0xa [HDMI CUSTOM RGB full unknown AR], 1920x1200 @ 59.00Hz, progressive

Clearly my display does not support 1920x1200, but why is this set at this resolution when I never configured it to be this way, and how can I change this via terminal or some other way? I need it to be 1080P

[edit 3] I added hdmi_force=1 to the config.txt file, tvservice -m CEA says only mode 16 is enabled, and none for DMT, and still, the system boots and then goes into 1920x1200 @ 59Hz mode!! edid.dat follows:

I'm having the same issue (I think).

Just bought a 4B 4GB, hd a 3 before.

Put that same image on my SD card, it boots up to a point (LibreElec logo, some diagnostics stuff show up when booting).

After that I get a stuck system. TV says NO VIDEO SIGNAL, no SSH access, nothing.

I've tried several times, I am forcing the display to 1080P on config.txt

I have just solved my own problem and I hope I can help by posting this.

If you are found stuck on the "add-on Migration" screen at boot after upgrading from Libreelec 8.x to 9.x on raspberry Pi, do the following:

Step 1: Ignore all the "advice" posted above by Klojum

Step 2: boot the RPi to where it gets stuck and leave it on and connected to the network.

Step 3: If you have Samba shares enabled, browse to your RPi and copy the "Userdata" folder somewhere safe.

Step 4: log in to your LE machine via SSH (if you disabled remote login, you can't do this)

Step 5: type "systemctl stop kodi"

Step 6: CD to ~.kodi/userdata/Database

Step 7: type "rm Addons27.db" or whatever number after "Addons" your system has

Step 8: type "systemctl start kodi"

Step 9: don't be a dum dum like me and immediately back up your libraries after this.

It should work now, but you have to go through your add-on settings reactivating all that you had enabled. While you are there, remove all the marked as broken ones (I had a bunch).

Nothing was lost, my huge DB is intact (and now backed up).

Hello,

I cannot do a library export or any kind of library backup if I can't boot the system. It's stuck at the aforementioned screen, and it's been stuck there for hours.

The point of doing that would be so I don't have to redo a library with tens of thousands of files from scratch, as I have worked on it for years.

Sure, my bad for not having a back up newer than 1.5 years. but I'll try what I can before restoring to that point.

I don't care about settings, addons or anything else. just my video and music library.

I just tried to update my Krypton Libreelec to Leia, and now it is stuck in this screen on boot. I restarted several times and nothing happens.

I tried erasing some plugins from the SSH but nothing.

I don't mind re-installing from zero but I don't want to lose my huge database (last backup is kinda old). Is there any way to do this? Can I just copy the Userdata" folder via Samba and then restore it to Kodi?

Please help :(

[edit]

I forgot to add: running on Raspberry Pi 3

I see three "migration processes going on, migration /1, migration /2, migration /3 . They all seem to be taking no CPU percentage.

Well I don't have a spare right now, so can't really test that now. But this issue is becoming really annoying, I can't play through an album without it crashing every second song.

This did not happen with Jarvis.

Is there an estimated time of release for Leia? I don't really want to use Milhouse builds.

I feel that this is bad enough that, if there's going to be a long time before a new Kodi version is integrated into a stable version, it could be worth looking into.

Also I would like to know if this is just me, or if anybody else experienced this. Feels like it would be a massive issue if it's general, but I haven't found any reports of it. Maybe there's something wrong with my setup.

I finally convinced myself to switch from OpenELEC to LibreELEC after being tired of the lack of updates and this one issue I thought would go away with the change, but I still experience it: Randomly, Kodi would crash right after finishing playing a song.

I really have no idea what causes it, and reading the logs has not yielded any solutions for me.

I do have a pretty large music library.

Ways to reproduce it: kinda hard because it's random, but it's always right after finishing a song. It isn't always after a particular song, or song format.

System: Raspberry Pi 3.

LibreELEC version: 8.0.2

I will reply with a log after it crashes again. Since it's random I usually don't expect it to crash so I am not logging, but now I turned logging on.

Anybody else experienced this issue?