Usage of project names inside emulation packages

• Hi

I see some project names hardcoded on emulation packages, like this

Can I made a PR to remove the project names? or there is any reason to hardcode just that devices?

Maybe can be replaced by some combination of target_has_feature and TARGET_ARCH

• Sensible improvements are always welcomed. Please consider the shape/structure of the Amlogic_GX, Rockchip, Allwinner branches when looking at the changes required.

• Hi.

I have modified the files, but I get and error building the emulation packages

Using

PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm ./scripts/build libretro-beetle-pcfx

I get

automake: error: cannot open < libltdl/ltdl.mk: No such file or directory

Any idea about what is wrong in my build system (debian 9.1)?

• The libretro use static makefiles, while it seems like you are trying to use autoconf? What is it exactly you are trying to do here? Hard to say as you haven't posted your changes. I think first you should try to understand how the libretro cores are being built for the different projects before you try to change it.

• Yes they are, that's not what I'm saying. The scripts/build simply initiates the unpack, configure, make, makeinstall etc functions of a specified package. Libretro cores use static makefiles and some of these makefiles decide how the cores should be built depending on the platform variable. Your error indicates trying to use autoconf, but it's impossible to say what's happening as you have not included the full log either.

Looking at your change, I think the idea is sound. Makes it easier to support new projects.

• I have no idea about why is using autoconf, I haven't touched the PKG_ properties.

Build for generic is working fine, I'm testing again WeTek_Play after make clean