Amazon FireTV Remote with LibreElec on Raspberry pi 3

• Hi !

I have started to use LibreELEC on RP3 and successfully connected my amazon fire TV remote. After some time I tried to watch again an pressed the buttons on the remote but nothing happened - I also tried to push the home button for 5-10 seconds but didn't work. I had to use my mobile app to go to the libreelec bluetooth settings and reconnect the remote.

how can I fix it so that the remote is always connected ?

• Same problem here, rpi3 + fire stick remote. After few hours remote is not responding. In Bluetooth screen I see remote twice. when I’m trying to pair I get input error. I'm gonna try to provide a log file in few days. Just need to find the remote

• Resurrecting this thread to share my solution:

The Fire TV Stick Remote enters some kind of standby mode, which disconnects it. My (not very elegant) solution was to try every 15 seconds from the RPi to reconnect:

1. go to libreelec bluetooth settings and (re)connect the remote

2. ssh to the RPi

3. issue command echo|bluetoothctl , write down the MAC address of "Amazon Fire TV Remote", for example 11:22:33:44:55:66 (yours will of course differ!)

4. create cronjobs to try to connect every 15 seconds:

crontab -e, enter in editor:

Bash
    * * * * * sleep 00;echo 'connect 11:22:33:44:55:66'|bluetoothctl > /dev/null 2>&1
    * * * * * sleep 15;echo 'connect 11:22:33:44:55:66'|bluetoothctl > /dev/null 2>&1
    * * * * * sleep 30;echo 'connect 11:22:33:44:55:66'|bluetoothctl > /dev/null 2>&1
    * * * * * sleep 45;echo 'connect 11:22:33:44:55:66'|bluetoothctl > /dev/null 2>&1

save and quit editor

5. Press the "Home" button on the remote for at least 16 seconds

6. Enjoy reconnected remote

Exercise left for the impatient: more cronjobs, less sleep ;)

Edited once, last by fichtennadel (April 9, 2018 at 4:03 PM).

• Hi,

When copying the script, do i copy exactly like your script beside the mac address including the "5 stars" too? Just use any 1 of one the 4 script?

Thanks