Can't browse SMB shares on Krypton version

• I can't get my smb shares to show up on krypton (8.1.2), but i installed (Jarvis v7.0.3 MR) and i can access them fine.

What has changed and how do i fix it?

also possibly related i can't seem to access the LIBREELEC Folder on my windows pc on the jarvis release but can on krypton. It says:

"Windows cannot access \\LIBREELEC Check the spelling of the name."

"Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try and identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose."

Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found.

• There is a updated "samba.conf.sample" that should be used as base for samba.conf.

Rename existing samba.conf to samba.bak (or whatever else...)

Rename samba.conf.sample to samba.conf

Edit samba.conf, add Your shares, restart.

That should make it work...

• There is a updated "samba.conf.sample" that should be used as base for samba.conf.

Rename existing samba.conf to samba.bak (or whatever else...)

Rename samba.conf.sample to samba.conf

Edit samba.conf, add Your shares, restart.

That should make it work...

updated from what? I started with the latest version of libreelect, i didn't upgrade to it.

Also i just tried setting the max smb version allowed in services/settings/smb client to smb 1 and it saw the shares.

but then it asks for a username/password (which i don't have)

so why does it allow me to only see them when setting the max to smb1?

• looking at the log after i added the path directly to sources.xml i get these errors

i tried both ways.

• updated from what? I started with the latest version of libreelect, i didn't upgrade to it.

Also i just tried setting the max smb version allowed in services/settings/smb client to smb 1 and it saw the shares.

but then it asks for a username/password (which i don't have)

so why does it allow me to only see them when setting the max to smb1?

If you r running windows 10 you might need to enable smb1 cifs shares from control panel...turn windows features on or off...otherwise create a new user on your pc and make it password protected

• Didn't really want to create an account specifically for this... but i think i found a workaround.

While looking into something else i found out that when i created a homegroup it actually has a username as an account called HomeGroupUser

which i can use for this, for the password i can use the one set for the homegroup in windows.

it also only works if the folder is shared with "Everyone" as well, if not gives the error:

ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:[email protected]/test'

unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

i'm not sure why though.

and i still need to add the paths manually as kodi just doesn't see anything when browsing through the menu.

Edited once, last by Tyler (October 4, 2017 at 1:32 AM).

• You need to force SMB1 in kodi settings to add network paths

• hi there - I managed to add my shared network directories via SMB, however I cannot see the files in the network locations either through File Manager or through the Library directory. Am I missing something? The device I'm using is a Raspberry Pi 2 with latest LibreElec version and Kodi 17.4