8.1.2 - Operation not permitted

• Hey guys,

yesterday I upgraded my RP2 from 8.0.2 to 8.1.2 -> no acces to my windows shares, like many others...I read quite a lot, but it is not possible for me to access my windows shares. Always "Operation not permitted"

I am running Win 8.1 on my local machine.

Before, with version 8.0.2 it wokred fine -> smb://folder -> working

8.1.2 -> First try: smb://foder -> not working -> second try (i´ve read to use the full path) smb://IP/folder -> still operation not permitted. Then I changed some settings in the LE settings concerning min and max with smb1 -> no changes.

I hope someone can help me, otherwise I need to downgrade. (If possible in simple english, I really didn´t understand what i´ve read so far....)

Many thanks in advande.

• Official Post

Changing the Samba server configuration in LE settings to allow SMB1 will not change the Kodi SMB client to use SMB1 .. that setting is changed in Kodi settings > Services > SMB client.

• Hm, was searching for 10 minutes now for that menu point but didn´t find it....sorry for the question....where do I find this?

All right, didn´t activate "Expert" - found the SMB client. I added the IP of my local machine and changed to SMBv1

Now i am asked to give a username and pw to complete the share, but there is nothing set. How can I change this?

Edited once, last by njup ().

• Hm, was searching for 10 minutes now for that menu point but didn´t find it....sorry for the question....where do I find this?

All right, didn´t activate "Expert" - found the SMB client. I added the IP of my local machine and changed to SMBv1

Now i am asked to give a username and pw to complete the share, but there is nothing set. How can I change this?

Set a username and password for your shares and use those in LE samba settings.

Using : Intel NUC6CAYS - 8GB Ram - 32GB SSD - LibreElec 8.2.0