8.1.2 - Operation not permitted

• Hey guys,

yesterday I upgraded my RP2 from 8.0.2 to 8.1.2 -> no acces to my windows shares, like many others...I read quite a lot, but it is not possible for me to access my windows shares. Always "Operation not permitted"

I am running Win 8.1 on my local machine.

Before, with version 8.0.2 it wokred fine -> smb://folder -> working

8.1.2 -> First try: smb://foder -> not working -> second try (i´ve read to use the full path) smb://IP/folder -> still operation not permitted. Then I changed some settings in the LE settings concerning min and max with smb1 -> no changes.

I hope someone can help me, otherwise I need to downgrade. (If possible in simple english, I really didn´t understand what i´ve read so far....)

Many thanks in advande.

• Changing the Samba server configuration in LE settings to allow SMB1 will not change the Kodi SMB client to use SMB1 .. that setting is changed in Kodi settings > Services > SMB client.

• Hm, was searching for 10 minutes now for that menu point but didn´t find it....sorry for the question....where do I find this?

All right, didn´t activate "Expert" - found the SMB client. I added the IP of my local machine and changed to SMBv1

Now i am asked to give a username and pw to complete the share, but there is nothing set. How can I change this?

Edited once, last by njup (October 2, 2017 at 12:04 PM).

• Hm, was searching for 10 minutes now for that menu point but didn´t find it....sorry for the question....where do I find this?

All right, didn´t activate "Expert" - found the SMB client. I added the IP of my local machine and changed to SMBv1

Now i am asked to give a username and pw to complete the share, but there is nothing set. How can I change this?

Set a username and password for your shares and use those in LE samba settings.