USB & LAN TV Tuners

• I have been looking around to find a usb TV tuner card to purchase can someone who has already setup the pvr function point me in the right direction hate to waste time and money buying a incompatible card. Can some one please let me know what TV tuner cards are compatible with LibreELEC does any body know if the Hauppauge 1191 WinTV-HVR-955Q (Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116034&cm_re=tv_tuner-_-15-116-034-_-Product) is compatible or can tell me which usb tuner card is compatible with Kodi running on raspberry pie 3 libreelec Kodi 17.3.

Thanks,

• This is my setup for my Office Raspberry Pie 3 dual boot with LibreELEC and Raspbian connected to a 32' TV i have it setup and working. I now want to add the pvr function so i can record the morning news and watch it when i get there. A Just need a list of compatible usb tv tuner's or network tuner would work as well. I don't need a list just one known working tuner would be Great.

Thanks,

• I use HDHomeRun 4DC (HDHR3-4DC). It's great but it's an overkill if you only need one tuner. I sold my USB tuner Hauppauge WinTV DualHD since I got the HDHomeRun 4DC. I think the WinTV Dual is ok but I believe the support is there for only one tuner. There's a whole discussion on LibreELEC forum about this.

Otherwise there should be other USB tuners that you can use. The only thing I can say is that having one box (your Raspberie Pie 3) doing TV tuning and recording using the USB tuner might slow it down too much. My Cubox could not handle watching TV with the USB tuner and recording. Maybe for this reason a network tuner is the better option. Just my thoughts.

• I use HDHomeRun 4DC (HDHR3-4DC). It's great but it's an overkill if you only need one tuner. I sold my USB tuner Hauppauge WinTV DualHD since I got the HDHomeRun 4DC. I think the WinTV Dual is ok but I believe the support is there for only one tuner. There's a whole discussion on LibreELEC forum about this.

Otherwise there should be other USB tuners that you can use. The only thing I can say is that having one box (your Raspberie Pie 3) doing TV tuning and recording using the USB tuner might slow it down too much. My Cubox could not handle watching TV with the USB tuner and recording. Maybe for this reason a network tuner is the better option. Just my thoughts.

The Pi B+/2B/3B shares one USB 2.0 connection bus across all 4 USB 2.0 sockets and the Ethernet port (which is 10/100Mbs). You will therefore probably have similar bandwidth issues whether you use a Pi for USB tuners or Network tuners. For a single tuner set-up you should be OK - but if you are looking to record multiple channels from different muxes to a USB drive (rather than SD card - which doesn't share the bandwidth) and watch live, I'd look at splitting your PVR backend (not just using a network tuner) to a more suitable platform.

The HD Homerun tuners are a good solution though - particularly if you are using platforms with older Linux kernels with older DVB driver support.

I think Silicon Dust are about to/have just updated the product line to include new Twin and Quattro models?