"solved" OSCam Problems

• Vdr doesnt look death

VDR is more then useless without his plugins, till date not a single really usable webui, wacky Sat>IP Support -i don't blame the author of the plugin- (not server ofc) and other stuff that is normal.
    Core functions depend at plugins that are partly horrible outdated and need a complex setup.

The only benefit userwise is the channels.conf, but I don't want to edit configs for normal usage. The other big problem is that VDR server works only with vdr clients, Tvh works with everything out of the box.

• I run VDR on my RPi3 24/7 for months without a reboot. It is rock stable, not a single crash.
    Tvh crashes every chance it gets. It would *always* cause Kodi to crash when the signal is poor (e.g. during rain) but sometimes it crash for no apparent reason. I actually thought it was a Kodi issue until I switched to VDR.
    The only nice thing about Tvh is it's web interface.

• Hi everyone! I am quite new about oscam and its emu patches and since i am working on a wetek play 2 running libreelec I've no idea where is the best plate to start off. I'd like to spend some time on the decoding capability of oscam but i cannot go through a blind research ... So, please, would you mind pointing out to some project/tutorial/tool that might make my start softer ... thanks!!

• I run VDR on my RPi3 24/7 for months without a reboot. It is rock stable, not a single crash.
    Tvh crashes every chance it gets. It would *always* cause Kodi to crash when the signal is poor (e.g. during rain) but sometimes it crash for no apparent reason. I actually thought it was a Kodi issue until I switched to VDR.
    The only nice thing about Tvh is it's web interface.

Hey smp! How did you got softcam plugin to work ?
    I assume you're running oscam on same machine as vdr backend?
    Can you help me set it up as this what you talking about TVH drives me crazy for a week now ;/
    VDR looks promising and light compared to TVH but really can't get oscam to work ;/

I assume you're running oscam on same machine as vdr backend?

Yes.

Can you help me set it up as this what you talking about TVH drives me crazy for a week now ;/

Make sure that the options for DVB-Api are correct (Config-->DVB-Api from Oscam's web interface):
    Boxtype=pc
    PMT Mode=4
    Listen port=2000

• Will try this! Never tested with listen port.... :) Thanks a lot!

edit: This solved problem! Yay! Thank you :)

But got another ;) how can I watch Tv on another device? Client is running fine on server but my second box keeps disconnecting :/ any toughs? Changed just ip nothing else. And it's in same network.

Edited once, last by Borygo77 (February 25, 2017 at 8:37 PM).

• 7.0-generic-special-oscam-7.0.101.zip
    I'm used this "fork" of oscam https://github.com/nx111/oscam/ because he had already included the emu + adds some more stuff (didn't used the latest commit because i had to change the build for the whole addon). The patch itself won't build for me because of some webif errors.

You can give a new life to this link this link.

Or someone with oscam-power addon power leaves you here, it would be nice.

Well, I'd like to run some test.:idea:

• hey guys,

me - (oh no!) - again .. :)

i update my librelec to matrix.. having oscam disabled.. having oscam(emu) overwritten .. now i am stepping in the dark

CvH any chance you could give me a hand?

- pointig what libreelec version i should install (i hear matrix uses Python . 3.x. and is not compatible with some tvheadend and oscam bits?)
    - compile a matching oscam special (oscam with emu), as you were able to do before so i could update/overwrite the oscam i have installed as addon right now?

please plase please? :)

• You can give a new life to this link this link.

Or someone with oscam-power addon power leaves you here, it would be nice.

Well, I'd like to run some test.:idea:

this is the old file .. i still had it :)
    so having libreelec 9.2.6(?) works with this oscam-special addon ..

still would need at somepoint the oscam with "special" to work with the python 3 setup in libreelec with kodi matrix (10)

• This addon 7.0-generic-special-oscam-7.0.101.zip is dated 2016 and therefore is too old. I think it is better to forget about this and use the docker linuxserver/oscam service which is up to date and works with any version of LibreELEC.

• dated 2016 and therefore is too old. I think it is better to forget about this and use the docker linuxserver/oscam service which is up to date and works with any version of LibreELEC.

well.. as i said.. at least it still words with librelec 9.2.6 ..

but yes.. please can you give detailed intructions for the docker linuxserver/oscam service, please?

• afaik there is a oscam addon at the docker linuxserver docker repository

you can install the linuxserver.io repository (just have a look at the libreelec addons repo) and add there the oscam addon (that pulls the docker)

• having oscam(emu) overwritten

If you need it that much why not learn how to compile it yourself? Oscam-emu is super easy co compile as an addon for any version of LE (a simple URL edit in Oscam's package.mk), without any docker nonsense.

• @speedydude : While smp does not explain to us how easy it is to compile oscam-emu, try installing the docker addon and executing the ssh commands:

the configuration directory is in /storage/.config/oscam and the web port is 8888. This works with any arm, arm64 and x86_64 architecture of any linux operating system, LibreELEC included. If you learn to compile oscam you will only learn to compile oscam, if you learn to handle docker you will learn to install many services on any device.

• does not explain to us how easy it is to compile oscam-emu

Building basics are explained in LE Wiki.

The file that should be edited is here.

Code
    PKG_VERSION="da986667ad0920b6b0b978353e387614f45dd9fe"
    PKG_SHA256="4ccd006aa75e7b46911da12fbfc1d994d8cf9693c5c3ddefa58d8ce76437aa63"
    PKG_URL="https://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-patched/archive/$PKG_VERSION.tar.gz"

packages/addons/service/oscam/patches/oscam-02-link-with-ludev.patch should be edited too:

Code
    -target_link_libraries (${exe_name} ${csoscam} ${csmodules} ${csreaders} csctapi cscrypt minilzo ffdecsa)
    +target_link_libraries (${exe_name} ${csoscam} ${csmodules} ${csreaders} csctapi cscrypt minilzo ffdecsa udev)

Edited once, last by smp (August 5, 2021 at 12:04 AM).