Save progress during playback

• Hi,

I live in Africa and power stability here is .. well, power stability does not exist. I watch a lot of movies/tvshows on my pi3 through Kodi/Libreelec and power often goes out during playback. But Kodi/LibreElec does not seem to have any progress saving. It will save where it had reached if you stop the playback. But i'd love if it could save where it had reached in a movie/show every 5/10 seconds during playback, so when power comes back i can continue where i left off.

Thanks for listening.

• That's more of a Kodi feature request than LE (i.e. wrong forum) but IMHO (and having spent quite a bit of time doing IT things in Africa - so I understand the issue) the better solution would be a small UPS.

• +1 on the ups, but if you want a software solution maybe take a look at service.autoResume.

I've used it in my car for music playback in lieu of a proper power solution (with a spare sd card in the ashtray!).

The version on github is fairly old, IIRC I just had to bump the python version in addon.xml (2.1.0 > 2.14.0) to get it to install on krypton.

There's a thread on the kodi forum, but as it's down at the moment I can't link.