Which SAT>IP Server to get.

• I'm seeing some expensive number for satip boxes. I paid for £15 for mine

I used an old Linux sat-s2 receiver, Zgemma star s2 and installed satip software onto it. Edited the startup script to boot satip at boot and that's it. Facebook market place is flooded with old sat boxes which can be turned into satip boxes.

Here's the link for github with all the information

GitHub - catalinii/minisatip: minisatip is an SATIP server for linux using local DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T or ATSC cards
    minisatip is an SATIP server for linux using local DVB-S2, DVB-C, DVB-T or ATSC cards - GitHub - catalinii/minisatip: minisatip is an SATIP server for linux…
    github.com

I've been using this method for years without a single problem. Tvheadend picked up the tuners straight away.

• in ordered the digibit twin, but it seems i cant get any channels, tvheadend finds the 2 devices.

I think my landlord installed the system and they have more satelites over one cable, is the twin not capable of that?

Is there a howto for using tvheadend and the digibit twin?

• in ordered the digibit twin, but it seems i cant get any channels, tvheadend finds the 2 devices.

I think my landlord installed the system and they have more satelites over one cable, is the twin not capable of that?

Have you any idea what setup your landlord installed. What satellites is it pointing at. What system were you using before you bought the Twin. You don’t say where you are located either. It certainly would help to know that.

Connect the dish cable to one of the Twin’s inputs, preferably input 1 which will represent the first tuner in TVH. Once that’s connected and configured correctly to represent what satellite you are trying to tune to, in TVH select the Status tab and see if you are registering a signal.

It really is a plug and tune device as long as you know what dish setup you have. I’ve a feeling your landlord may have a combined DVBS/T running through something like a diplexer on a single cable.

• Hello,

im am located in germany.

The dish points to astra and eutelsat i think.

I still have the whole old tvheadend(4.2) folder, can i extract the info from there?

Im using 4.3 now, could i just copy everything from 4.2 into the new Folder?

My old Card is an dvb-sky ("displayname": "Montage Technology M88DS3103 : DVB-S #0",)

should one of the red lights on the twin always on when a cable is connected to that port?

• With your dish cable connected to the Twin did you check the Status tab in TVH to see if you are showing a signal.

The red LED light on the Twin marked Tuner 1 will light up as soon as TVH and the Twin are communicating. Ensure the dish cable is connected to the correct input at the rear of the Twin.

Assuming your old tuner card had the LNB configuration section configured correctly in TVH to match your dish setup all you need do is copy that configuration to the LNB section in TVH for the Twin 1 tuner.

I’m assuming your landlord is using some form of Diseq switch but you really need to confirm this. Is he using a multi dish setup I wonder. All you need do at the moment is to concentrate on tuning one satellite to confirm everything is working at the moment. Once you’ve done this the further configuration is quite straightforward.

• i booted the old system and put both side by side.

I now have 1315 services from Astra and it mapping those atm.

My raspery3 had some stuck frames, guess i have to wait for the mapping to be done.

is there a way to find out if there are more than astra and eutelsat on that dish?

i think i move to a new thread for this.

Edited once, last by rupat (August 2, 2023 at 4:23 PM).

There are different ways that multiple satellites can be sent over a single cable - you need to know which one your landlord is using so you can configure your receiver and/or software correctly :

e.d. Diseqc switching a Universal LNB feed, Unicable, Unicable II etc.

I'm seeing some expensive number for satip boxes. I paid for £15 for mine

I used an old Linux sat-s2 receiver, Zgemma star s2 and installed satip software onto it. Edited the startup script to boot satip at boot and that's it. Facebook market place is flooded with old sat boxes which can be turned into satip boxes.

Here's the link for github with all the information

https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip

I've been using this method for years without a single problem. Tvheadend picked up the tuners straight away.

I nearly suggested this route - it's a perfectly sensible approach - and you can now get low-ish cost FBC Enigma boxes that will give you more than 4 tuners.

Edited once, last by noggin: Merged a post created by noggin into this post. (August 6, 2023 at 5:31 PM).