Wake up not working after LE 8.0 update

• Hey guys,

last week I took the chance to upgrade my LE installation to 8.0 and most things went really smooth (at least after updating addons also). There's just one thing that seems to be not working anymore - setting wake up times for recordings.

I am running LE8 with the VDR service + vnsi addons on the same box, configured to shut down after 15 minutes of idle time and wake up 15 minutes before a recording. setwakeup.sh is used as the wake up command.

Manually running setwakeup.sh with an example timestamp (date '+%s' -d '+ 5 minutes') does work - verified by looking into /proc/driver/rtc and the system waking up at the specified time.

I am not sure if this is a LE issue or more of a Kodi or VDR thing. Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

• Official Post

Problems can be hardware-specific. You gave us no hardware details, at all.
    Looking into our crystal ball and reading tea leafs didn't give us anything usefull either.

In all cases of bug reports or problems: please include a full kodi.log file.

• Here's my hardware spec:
    Mainboard: ASRock AM1h-ITX
    CPU: AMD Athlon 5370
    RAM: 8 GB Kingston ValueRam
    Graphics: Radeon R3
    TV Card: DVBSky T982 PCIe
    Storage: 256 GB Crucial M4 SSD
    PSU: be quiet! PURE POWER 9
    ODD: LG BH16NS55

Kodi Log: gPhY

Edited once, last by de_doener (March 4, 2017 at 9:11 AM).

• With the same settings as in LE7 the wakeupalarms are no longer beeing written to /rtc in LE8.
    If you add a new timer to TVHeadend or set a wakeup via ssh the timer is not getting set. :huh:
    So the system will not wake up for a recording.
    Cat /proc/driver/rtc

There is nothing in the logs...
    Hardware wasn't changed if I do a backup and restore to LE7 everything is working like a charm.

(Switching from OE6 to LE7 there was a problem because on LE7 HPET wasn't any longer disabled in autostart.sh. But the timer were getting set correctly)

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (March 6, 2017 at 12:28 AM).

• To keep the example of de_Doener

On LE7
    setwakeup.sh date '+%s' -d '+ 5 minutes'
    Works

On LE8
    setwakeup.sh date '+%s' -d '+ 5 minutes'
    Sh: write error: invalid argument

• There is not the expected message

Code
    DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (pvrpowermanagement.enabled) was not found.

in your log because Kodi seems to be killed before exit completes.

The functionality can be restored using this Kodi patch. I do create a bug report the next days so it can be fixed upstream.

• Hello!

mglae
    So that's another/different problem?
    Kodi is shutting down before a timer is getting set?
    In my case I am not able to set a timestamp at all.
    Could you check if setting a timestamp via ssh is working on your system pls?

de_doener
    Does setting a timestamp (using setwakeup.sh date '+%s' -d '+ 10 minutes') works on your system?
    I am getting an error but there is always a timer 5 minutes ahead.

So could you try with 10 minutes pls?

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (March 5, 2017 at 12:32 PM).

• So that's another/different problem?
    Kodi is shutting down before a timer is getting set?

Yes, according to your log kodi seems to be hanging on shutdown while/after disconnecting VNSI and is killed finally. This is behaviour by design of the LibreELEC kodi SIGTERM implementation.

Kodi will even fail when going further and trying to set the timer because it cannot read its own settings any more.

Does setting a timestamp (using setwakeup.sh date '+%s' -d '+ 10 minutes') works on your system?
    I am getting an error but there is always a timer 5 minutes ahead.
    So could you try with 10 minutes pls?

Busybox's "date" does not accept parameters like "+ 10 minutes". You have to use something like

Code
    setwakeup.sh $(($(date +%s)+600))
  • Mglae thank you for your reply!

I am using TVHeadend but, the problem is in LE7 that was working flawlessly.
    So my guess is that's a problem not dedicated to vdr or TVHeadend it's a general fault/issue?

Maybe that's the problem?
    (Setting the stamp in seconds not minutes "date")

Regards

Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (March 5, 2017 at 3:48 PM).

• I am using TVHeadend but, the problem is in LE7 that was working flawlessly.
    So my guess is that's a problem not dedicated to vdr or TVHeadend it's a general fault/issue?

Yes, it is an issue of current Kodi 17 code. LE7 includes Kodi 16.1 that calls setwakeup.sh correctly.

• Hiya
    Think I'm seeing the same issue here; I recently migrated from openelec to LibreELEC and have just updated to 8.0.1.
    Starting up from system off for recording was working fine on OE but hasn't worked at all since I upgraded to LE, even after the update to 8.0.1... I've read the answers above but it's not clear whether I need to do something specific to get this working again - am I supposed to change the 'Wakeup command' under 'Power saving' settings to include a parameter? That setting currently just reads:
    /use/bin/setwakeup.sh

Thanks!

• Hello Photogsy!

My system wakes up perfectly with LE8.01.

But only if HPET is dissabled in BIOS or in LE via autostart.sh. In OE 6 HPET was dissabled by Default in LE7/8 I had to do this manually.

Maybe a typo...
    Should be /usr/bin/setwakeup.sh

Regards
    Nicolas

Edited once, last by Nicolas (April 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM).