S905 builds - general discussion

• I'm using sd card version and I do not know if it's right, but when I playing full HD video using quasar (8gb average) the device is moving very slowly. Each click responds only after half a minute.

My sd card: SanDisk class 10 16gb.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Did you set the quasar video caching directory in the add-ons settings to a non Fat32 partition, has to be an EXT formated partition. You can use the video directory of your home folder of your SD Card that way quasar can cache Whatever video you're watching because if you don't it's going to Cache that video onto your Memory..

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

• Did you set the quasar video caching directory in the add-ons settings to a non Fat32 partition, has to be an EXT formated partition. You can use the video directory of your home folder of your SD Card that way quasar can cache Whatever video you're watching because if you don't it's going to Cache that video onto your Memory..

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Be carefull with that advice.
    It will throw error over 4.1gb files. He's playing 8gb files with no errors.
    It is Lack of available RAM . Try to get to system info( it wont be easy) whilst playing.
    You will see available ram will be down to around 100mb even less.
    You will get a lockup as well.
    Been there done that.

• Did u not read correctly what I wrote, I said non FAT32... Formatting to FAT32 will give you errors on files larger than 4gb. That's why I suggest ext4....
    What I've done was format a 32gb. USB stick to EXT4 and set the Quasar caching directory to the USB stick connected to my Android box.. like so:

Its been working great on my K1 plus 1/8th of Ram device so far no error's on my end. But thats just me..

Good Luck on you End.... [THUMBS UP SIGN]

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Edited once, last by Nemsis72 (July 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM).

• I installed LE on a Beelink M18 (S905/2GB/16GB) and it's running good and very stable.
    I only want to notice 2 problems I have:

1. As other users, I also have problems with HDMI negotiation. My device is conected to a TV through a receiver. The TV is a little old Panasonic plasma and it's not FULL HD, but it accepts 1080p signals. So I usually configure KODI to 1920x1080/50 and it works ok with other devices (e.g. a S805/MXQ clone with LE). But if I do that with the M18/LE, I always have problems when I disconnect and connect the device from the TV. Each time I swicth off/on, the resolution changes and the image gets distorted. The only resolution that doesn't change is 1280x720/60.

2. I use MySQL for my music/video libraries. The server is a Win10 machine and it's always on, with some KODI clients accesing the database. After installing LE on the M18 I have to reboot the device many times (sometimes only 2 times, sometimes even 8 times) to get connected to the database. Most of the times, in the log there are messages like this: "ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.101' (101))". I tried enabling the LE option "wait for network before start", but nothing changes. I've raised the wait time from 10 to 25 seconds, but it does nothing. The device is connected by cable (no WiFi) like the other devices (all the others work perfect).

I hope it can help to improve these fantastic builds. Thanks.

Edited once, last by felixob (July 18, 2016 at 6:16 PM).

• Hi,

I use a mini m8s, everything work fine with 003.
    It's installed on sdcard, so I can 3asily back to android.

WiFi, Network, h264 and h265 video, remote and an old mce IR Receiver (for Logitech Harmony) ... No problem.

• I installed LE on a Beelink M18 (S905/2GB/16GB) and it's running good and very stable.
    I only want to notice 2 problems I have:

1. As other users, I also have problems with HDMI negotiation. My device is conected to a TV through a receiver. The TV is a little old Panasonic plasma and it's not FULL HD, but it accepts 1080p signals. So I usually configure KODI to 1920x1080/50 and it works ok with other devices (e.g. a S805/MXQ clone with LE). But if I do that with the M18/LE, I always have problems when I disconnect and connect the device from the TV. Each time I swicth off/on, the resolution changes and the image gets distorted. The only resolution that doesn't change is 1280x720/60.

2. I use MySQL for my music/video libraries. The server is a Win10 machine and it's always on, with some KODI clients accesing the database. After installing LE on the M18 I have to reboot the device many times (sometimes only 2 times, sometimes even 8 times) to get connected to the database. Most of the times, in the log there are messages like this: "ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.2.101' (101))". I tried enabling the LE option "wait for network before start", but nothing changes. I've raised the wait time from 10 to 25 seconds, but it does nothing. The device is connected by cable (no WiFi) like the other devices (all the others work perfect).

I hope it can help to improve these fantastic builds. Thanks.

About question 2

Go to LE configuration/network/wait for network before Kodi starts, and set it to 10"

Had the same problem

Edit:just saw that you already tried that..Have no clue now..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Gasoliner (July 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM).

• Hey all... so far this is a great universal build for le on S905 devices.

Tested so far....

Minimx 1gb/8gb ---- runs perfect on sd method (img.gz file) and flashed to nand via extracting .zip files to sd and using toothpick method.
                                  This is not working properly.. i just noticed on video playback same issue as with the Spot i7

Spot i7 1gb/8gb ---- sd method will not work as the Spot i7 has no reset button for toothpick method.
    ---- flashed .zip files on sd via update program within andoid/myapps... works perfect not quite see image below...
    This happens on playback from any addon, any video, and i have disables hw accel.. still same thing..

Any advice?

[hr]
    Also to note.
    *when i try to changes resolution to 1080p it reverts back to 720p
    ** LG television 29MN33D

Edited once, last by Deezel (July 18, 2016 at 10:06 PM).

• I can get my boxes to boot via SD - Mini MX 1G and 2G no problem. However, I have an MXQ Pro for a friend and cannot for the life of me get it to work. I've used toothpick and ADB but it wont take. Has anyone had this problem with this box?

• 7.0.2.004 Work-in-progress build 004

Commits from 7.0.2.003 to 7.0.2.004: Comparing 7.0.2.003...7.0.2.004 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    Kernel commits from 7.0.2.003 to 7.0.2.004: Comparing 9ed7c5b...012fbcb · kszaq/linux · GitHub

Changelog:

• Mali driver updated to r6p1
    • added amvideocap kernel fix
    • fixed CPU temperature reading on some devices
    • added patches to solve some resolution switch issues
    • updated remote.conf remapping script with a few new mappings
    • added 2 missing firmwares to Bluetooth firmware loader
    • added 2 missing 3D support patches from Koying (SPMC)
    • added HPD check fix patch to Kodi
    • enabled ZRAM for a little bit less memory issues
    • tweaked default CEC parameters (applies to new installs)

Unfortunately reboot/poweroff issues have not been fixed yet and memory management issues may be still present. List of unknown issues remains the same.

Important announcement: I will be on holidays for the next 2 weeks (until 3 August). That means no support and updates from me. Development will resume and I hope to bring you more updates and fixes.

I would like to remind my request for bug reporting: I wrote guidelines to make bug reports easier to categorize for both users and developer(s). Sadly hardly anyone followed the guide. Please make use of it: LibreELEC

• As far as I remember, there os no support for the "mouse" button in remote.conf from Android firmware. You can try using this configuration file: remote.conf

You have to mount internal storage manually, e.g. add these lines to autostart.sh:

Code
    mkdir -p /media/internal
    mount /dev/data /media/internal

There is no support for 800x600 in video driver at the moment. Amlogic doesn't use X, it uses EGL and there is no xorg nor xrandr.

- mouse button is working in Android and Openelec, it's weird that in LE did not work (and only for me, as I can see).
    I tried that other file, enabled mouse button, it worked properly, but after disabling mouse, did not work long push for other buttons.

- mounting internal memory: Thanks, that worked.

- about video output: Too bad, I am more familiar with X, EGP is totally unknown to me.
    In android I managed to get some results with "wm size", but wasnt satisfactory.

• I can get my boxes to boot via SD - Mini MX 1G and 2G no problem. However, I have an MXQ Pro for a friend and cannot for the life of me get it to work. I've used toothpick and ADB but it wont take. Has anyone had this problem with this box?

I have this box and was unable to get it to boot from SD. I had no trouble flashing it to the box, but I lost H.265 support.

Scratch that.... H.265 is now working again. Not sure what happened. Did a hard reset and a reinstall.

Edited once, last by tommymsw (July 19, 2016 at 3:53 AM).

• Enjoy the holidays, i will create a new bug thread for the below issue which still occures on 004.

Few test on build 003

Issues with 003 with wifi turned off:
    Power off from Kodi Menu = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    Build 002 turned the box off properly so that it could be turned back on from the remote.

Reboot = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    Build 002 worked perfectly

Press Power button on remote with box on = No HDMI, need to pull power to start it again.
    With build 002 if I waited 30 seconds HDMI signal would be restored and the box worked.

• seems 7.0.2.004 made my MiniMX-G 2/16 p200_2G internal bluetooth work ... coincidence ? anyway : thanks & enjoy holiday

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (July 19, 2016 at 2:22 AM).

• I had the same issue with nand version on my minimx 1-8, as you can see here: LibreELEC
    For now I've solved using the SD versione that seems not affected by the problem.
    I'll try with the last build.

PS. I've LG tv too