Posts by Vinylity

Are there any issues with installing an older build over the current one?
    [hr]

kszaq
    On 8.0.0d, It seems commit 8ab0f5 on the Kernel broke ALSA audio on S905, its weird because audio works inside Kodi, but if you run other programs (like Retroarch) sound is missing, if I revert this commit (or use commit 84ad67 which is one before) and compile from source sound works again, any idea why this might be ?

And also not as important and it might not be relevant to you, but might be worth a mention. At least for me the new peripheral joystick add-on doesn't work anymore (it worked out of the box for 8.0.0c) :( I use an Xbox 360 controller (and a Logitech F310) and I can move around with the analog stick, but the buttons don't work at all (A,B,X,Y,L,R,etc) not even if I try to set it up under input settings.

Thanks again for all the awesome work you are doing for these SOCs :)

Having the same problem inside Kodi. On occasion, I have to restart the content so the audio kicks in.

I have just switched from using a USB on my Minix to a Micro SD and the performance is much faster. There is a noticeable speed improvements on library/source updates. There really is no point using the internal drive on your Minix because you never know when you may want to use the Android again.

If it's an S905 you should be able to clone the stick to an sd card - I've used win32diskimager or usbit in windows for that. That only works if the card you're copying to is at least as big (to the bit) as the stick you're starting with though, and obviously cloning eg an 8GB stick to a 16GB card will leave you with a lot of wasted space. So if they're nominally the same size it might work but not definitely.
    Otherwise the easiest option is as vitorp07 suggested above - make a backup using the built-in backup in libreelec settings. New install of libreelec on the sd card, boot it up and restore the backup.

This method works perfectly. All Kodi settings were restored exactly as they were when I backed them up.

If it's an S905 you should be able to clone the stick to an sd card - I've used win32diskimager or usbit in windows for that. That only works if the card you're copying to is at least as big (to the bit) as the stick you're starting with though, and obviously cloning eg an 8GB stick to a 16GB card will leave you with a lot of wasted space. So if they're nominally the same size it might work but not definitely.
    Otherwise the easiest option is as vitorp07 suggested above - make a backup using the built-in backup in libreelec settings. New install of libreelec on the sd card, boot it up and restore the backup.

Would it be a Micro SD card that the Neo uses?