Clone USB disk to SD card

• Hi, I have LibreELEC installed and working on USB flash drive, but today I bought brand new MicroSD card and I would like to Clone that USB flash drive to the SD card, so I don't have to install everything again. Is it possible?
    Or is the only way to transfer it the "Backup" app and restore in Programs in KODI?
    thanks for any help

• My device is Minix NEO U1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [hr]
    That's great. I didn't know about the backup restore from libreelec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Martynet (March 1, 2017 at 11:04 PM).

• If it's an S905 you should be able to clone the stick to an sd card - I've used win32diskimager or usbit in windows for that. That only works if the card you're copying to is at least as big (to the bit) as the stick you're starting with though, and obviously cloning eg an 8GB stick to a 16GB card will leave you with a lot of wasted space. So if they're nominally the same size it might work but not definitely.
    Otherwise the easiest option is as vitorp07 suggested above - make a backup using the built-in backup in libreelec settings. New install of libreelec on the sd card, boot it up and restore the backup.

Edited once, last by trogggy (March 1, 2017 at 11:44 PM).

• If it's an S905 you should be able to clone the stick to an sd card - I've used win32diskimager or usbit in windows for that. That only works if the card you're copying to is at least as big (to the bit) as the stick you're starting with though, and obviously cloning eg an 8GB stick to a 16GB card will leave you with a lot of wasted space. So if they're nominally the same size it might work but not definitely.
    Otherwise the easiest option is as vitorp07 suggested above - make a backup using the built-in backup in libreelec settings. New install of libreelec on the sd card, boot it up and restore the backup.

Would it be a Micro SD card that the Neo uses?

This method works perfectly. All Kodi settings were restored exactly as they were when I backed them up.

• Yeah, so I did use the LibreELEC backup restore function in settings and everything worked perfectly. BTW, Minix boots about 10 times faster from the micro sd card :D LOVE IT