Posts by spontex

did you tried an recent Nightly LE version, Kernel 5.7?

It is very likely that the 5.1 Kernel has problems with that stick (maybe DVB related, maybe usb ...), everything else you tried (tvh board matrix) has an much older Kernel or the Ubuntu versions carrying massive kernel patches.

Hello,

I just tried that, but this did not seem to improve the situation:

Start time Hardware OS Kernel TV tuner DVB Module PVR Amplifier ?
    Amplifier level Cables Duration (s)
    Poor signal count (s) UCB (uncorrected blocks) First UCB at (s)
    06/08/20 17:52 HTPC LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20200804-a26fe97 5.7.6 AVerMedia AVerTV Volar hd2 dvb_usb_af9035 5.7.6 TVHeadend yes 50% pink+ blue 2500 93 58448 1208

Hi,

I have some signal noise problems using an USB DVB-T tuner AVerMedia AVerTV Volar hd2 (seen as Afatech AF9033 in TVHeadend).

When I plug the antenna cable on my Sony TV, everything works fine. The signal information page gives a "Pre Viterbi" of about 2e-4.

On the computer (HTPC), I sometimes have a lot of Transport Errors and Continuity Errors. The signal is usually very good, but several times per hour, it gets totally scrambled. When this is the case, it seems to me that stopping the client and starting it again solves the problem, which is weird.

For instance, at this moment, the program I am recording has >100000 errors.

The PER (Packet Error Ratio) is about 0.06, the SNR 31.5 dB and the signal strength -34 dB.

At some other moments, everything works fine.

I use LibreElec 9.2.3 with TvHeadend 4.3-1886 (nightly build).

I have tried :

• to enable/disble the LNA (low noise amplifier) in TvHeadend
    • to enable/disble "Force old status" in TvHeadend
    • to enable/disable the latest drivers in LibreElec
    • to play with the 167KHz offsets
    • to replace my cables, amplifier, HTPC

but it did not improve this problem.

Below are a few screenshots: in 3 of them everything works fine, but in the last one, the image is noisy.

I also add a log of a buggy session:

• I start the streaming at 14:16:44
    • It works fine until 14:44:14 when I encounter the first continuity errors
    • I stop it during the errors at 14:53:35 and start it again immediately
    • then it works fine during at least 15 minutes, though before stopping it, there were errors every minute

Do you see anything I could try in order to understand why I get this high noise ?

Should I try another USB tuner?

Thanks

yesterday

force old status

today

signal noise example

Hi,

Thanks to you, I may have understood what caused me a lot of bugs these last few days: I had enabled autoupdate, so LibreElec was "upgrading" my TvHeadEnd 4.3 (9.1.901.444) to TvHeadEnd 4.2 (9.2.0.121), causing the "too recent profile " crash.

Disabling the extension autoupdate seems to solve that.

The extension version number should indeed reflect the more recent TVH version.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have been running TVH 4.2 for years, but I just reinstalled my computer from scratch and told myself that it would be nice to try TVH 4.3, since there is a feature I would like (better image cache management to avoid thousands of temporary files and slow startup).

So I took the latest LibreElec (9.2.3) and the latest TVH nightly (4.3-1885-08.06.2020) and installed it.

It worked a few hours, but now it does not anymore, due to a crash (log attached).

I have read on the forum that I might be due to a mismatch between the config file version and the TVH version.

It happened just after I set up my EPG by using the Kodi addon and pointing it to my XMLTV file location.

Many thanks

Hi,

I have been using LibreELEC for years, since the beginning.

I have just upgraded my HTPC from 8 to 9 using a bootable USB key. Everything seems to work fine, except I seem to have lost all my settings: it looks like a brand new installation. I do not have my library, preferences, etc. anymore.

Have I missed anything? Can I use my old profile or is it lost? Else it will allow me to start from a clean

I had tried to upgrade "manually" by selecting the LibreELEC 9 channel when I was under LibreELEC 8, but it told me that the partitions had to be resized. So I downloaded the bootable USB key creator and here I am... 8)

I cannot remind how I upgraded previously (e.g. from 7 to 8), but I do not remember such a problem.

Thanks

Hi,
    Here is the solution I have used:

Code
    ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.39 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.socat/bin/libssl.so.35
    ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.38.0.0 /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.socat/bin/libcrypto.so.35
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.socat/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I am surprised that socat is now packaged inside LibreELEC because it is used when updating the EPG: HOWTO: Three ways to use xmltv.sock
    Thanks

Hi,
    I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded to LibreELEC 8.0 (Linux 64 bits): for EPG I have a script which calls:

Code
    cat /tmp/epg.xml | /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.socat/bin/socat stdin UNIX-CONNECT:/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/epggrab/xmltv.sock
    /storage/.kodi/addons/tools.socat/bin/socat: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea?
    Thanks

Rebooting did not solve it for me.
    Inside the Tvheadend webUI I see the following lines which keep repeating:

Code
    2017-02-23 22:37:24.038 htsp: Got connection from 127.0.0.12017-02-23 22:37:24.038 htsp: 127.0.0.1: Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv25)2017-02-23 22:37:24.038 htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ Kodi Media Center ]: Identified as user 'tvheadend'2017-02-23 22:37:29.039 htsp: 127.0.0.1 [ tvheadend | Kodi Media Center ]: Disconnected2017-02-23 22:37:29.039 htsp: Got connection from 127.0.0.12017-02-23 22:37:29.039 htsp: 127.0.0.1: Welcomed client software: Kodi Media Center (HTSPv25)

Any idea?
    Thanks
    [hr]
    Hi,
    I managed to fix it by creating a new user / password in the web interface. I do not know why I did not manage to use the "tvheadend" user, even when resetting its password.

Hi,
    I have just upgraded to LibreELEC v8.0.0.
    The upgrade was not so easy because I got stuck on the add-on migration page. See Kodi 17 stuck during add-on migration - Tvheadend add-on.
    Now everything workd fine, excepted the Tvheadend client.
    I have got the server running Ok, with all its channels, and can connect it through the web interface to see the recording, etc.
    But Kodi cannot. The UI is stuck on the Starting PVR clients 0% message

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # tail -f kodi.log
    07:29:01.456 T:139889010759424   ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command authenticate failed: Access denied

I suspect the login/password may have been lost during the upgrade.
    I have checked the password file:

Code
    LibreELEC:~/.kodi/temp # more ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/passwd/cd77192eb94fa699d26c7371cc9d8e2f
    {
            "enabled": true,
            "username": "tvheadend",
            "password2": "VFZIZWFkZW5kLUhpZGUtdHZoZWFkZW5k",
            "comment": "default",
            "wizard": false
    }

I can connect using the web interface "Login" button with the username/password: tvheadend/tvheadend
    I have put them inside the Kodi Tvheadend client plugin (where there was nothing) but it still does not work.
    Do you have any idea?
    Thanks