Posts by cw-kid

One strange thing I have just noticed in the Kodi System settings under Audio the Allow Passthrough option was turned Off.

I haven't turned this off. Just turned it back on and rebooted the HTPC.

Not sure how long that has been turned off for? Its now passing through audio again to the Denon AVR, tried a movie and the AVR shows as DTS Surround etc.

Not sure if that would be related to Kodi bombing out when playing music though.

Its just gone again whilst playing music the audio sound stops. The screen goes black with a cursor, then the display comes back to the music playback screen, then it flickers black a few more times and then Kodi looks to restart itself and now I am back at the main Kodi menu.

LibreElec is getting really unstable on this hardware, I really don't want to have to switch back to OpenElec and go through all that hassle.

Here is the Kodi crash log:

############## kodi CRASH LOG ############### ################ SYSTEM INFO ## - Pastebin.com

Thank you.

Hi

On the last few versions of LibreElec I have been having issues with my TV screen going totally black for a few seconds and then the display comes back again.

Now on version 8.2.0 when playing music from the Kodi library (MYSQL) the HTPC sometimes crashes. The music files are stored on a Windows WHS 2011 file server. HP Proliant MicroServer N40L.

Looking in the log I cannot see any exceptions but at the end of the log I see this:

The HTPC is connected to a Denon AVR-1513 amplifier and to an LG 42LE4500 TV.

HTPC Spec:

HTPC Case – OrigenAE M10

Motherboard - Intel DH67CF

CPU – Intel 2nd Generation Core i3-2100

Aftermarket Cooler – Akasa K25

RAM - Corsair 4GB DDR3

SSD – Crucial 64GB M4

Blu-ray ROM – Sony BC-5650H

Thanks.

Think I may have fixed it. I removed those lines from my advancedsettings.xml file and rebooted.

Then in the MyHarmony desktop software for my Harmony Elite remote control handset, I selected the HTPC device (Windows Media Center SE) and selected "Change Device Settings" in here I then selected "Device Command Repeats" it was set to 3 I changed it to 0.

Now in Kodi the context menu is working correctly and the info overlay on video playback is now also working as expected.

In irw in terminal, now I am only getting one line for each button press:

KODI01:~ # irw

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

Happy days! This now means I can turn on my HTPC with the remote control from S5 shutdown as the SoundGraph VFD support this.

Previously I was just using an external USB Microsoft IR receiver and that could only turn on the HTPC from S3 Sleep mode with the remote.

Since migrating from OpenElec Kodi Isengard to LibreElec Kodi Krypton, Kodi has been locking up / hanging solid shortly after resuming from S3 sleep mode and a hard reset or SSH in and reboot command is needed.

I don't have issues with Kodi hanging when the HTPC is turned on from S5 Shutdown instead, which is why I wanted to try and get the onboard SoundGraph IMON IR working again instead.

Update: This only fixes my Logitech Harmony remote, which is fine as its what I use, but to note - I also tried a bog standard MCE IR remote and that still has issues with the bounce / repeat problem obviously. So another fix might be needed if your not using a Harmony and just a standard MCE remote.

Settings these in the advancedsettings.xml file has no affect on the problem, even increasing <remoterepeat> to something like 10000.

<advancedsettings>
    <remotedelay>10</remotedelay>
    <remoterepeat>800</remoterepeat>
    </advancedsettings>

Other buttons are also affected like "info"

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

So when I am playing a movie and I press the info button to bring up the info overlay, it flashes up on the screen and then quickly just disappears again!

I now have the remote control working kind of. I enabled the LibreElec IMON MCE add-on in the services area.

I also in the BIOS disabled the onboard Intel CIR header which I am not using as I don't have a CIR IR board.

Now in Kodi the remote is working in that I can move up and down and navigate around etc.

However I am getting the double press / bounce issue on some buttons like the guide button.

Pressing the guide button only once on the remote control, I get three outputs in irw.

So the context menu in Kodi flashes up on the screen and then disappears again.

67 0 KEY_UP devinput

6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

Looking again in the Libreelec configuration add-on under the services area the option of LIRC daemon is now not present and that option has disappeared not sure why that is?

Anyone know how to fix the double press / double commands / bouncing issues ?

Thanks

Hello

I have an Origenae M10 HTPC case and it has the SoundGraph iMON VF310 15c2:0036 VFD unit. I am using a Logitech Harmony remote control in MCE mode (Windows Media Center SE).

I am running the generic HTPC version of Libreelec version 8.0.2.

The remote control does not work at all. I have tried turning on the Lirc daemon in the Libreelec add-on services area this makes no difference.

Any experts know how to get it working ?

Thanks

Hi

I changed a few settings:

Was set as Off - Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On Start / Stop
    Was set as Bilinear - Scaling Method: Lanczos3 Optimized

Deinterlace: Auto (I don't appear to have an Auto option. Its currently set to VAAPI-BOB)

All the other settings were correct.

Tried playing a few DVD disc rips and its using Hardware Acceleration and its not freezed up as yet, I will monitor.

Thanks.

Hello

Are there known issues with DVD (MPEG2) playback in Kodi V17 / LibreElec ?

I am running a HTPC and since updating from OpenElec 6.0.3 Kodi V15.2 Isengard to LibreElec 8.0.0 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.0) I can no longer play DVD rips properly either VIDEO_TS or ISO rips, when hardware acceleration is turned on.

The HTPC either freezes the video playback but the audio is still heard or it crashes out of Kodi and restarts.

Motherboard - Intel DH67CF
    CPU – Intel 2nd Generation Core i3-2100

I can play Blu-ray ISO rips perfectly fine however, streamed over the local gigabit cabled LAN.

If in the Kodi settings I go to Player -> Videos and disable "Allow Hardware acceleration - VAAPI" then the DVD rips play OK without problems.

Thanks

I'm playing a song from the Kodi library the display is showing the song title however its also saying "Immediate HDD spindown" which is weird.
    [hr]
    Looking at this Wiki page here and my LCD.xml file in userdata.

The music section of the xml file contains:

<music>
    <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] $INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
    <line>MusicPlayer.Title</line>
    <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
    <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] ($INFO[MusicPlayer.Year])</line>
    </music>

Don't think I've ever seen the display say "Immediate HDD spindown" before.

If I navigate around the Kodi GUI that works OK and the display tells you what menu item your currently on etc.

If I play a movie that works it shows the title of the movie and there are some numbers scrolling across the screen above the movie title not sure what these are.

If I play a TV show episode it display the episode title and the duration correctly, not sure why a movie title doesn't show the duration properly and has these scrolling numbers on the top line that are too quick to make sense of.

But if I play a music song I get this "Immediate HDD spindown" message as well as the song title.

Just played another song and its actually now showing the lyrics on the display for the song. never seen or noticed it do that before. But again the top line above this says "Immediate HDD spindown".

Will have to have a read about the LCD.xml file in more detail.

After installing the LibreElec LCDPro add-on and in its settings selecting "imonlcd" as the LCD driver the display is now scrolling though strange characters.

I then changed the LCD driver in the LibreElec LCDPro add-on to be "imon" instead and now it seems to be working OK again.

Many thanks!

You have to install the lcdproc service addon from the LibreELEC addon repo

Hello

Many thanks for your help!

Looking in the LibreElec add-ons repo in the Services section I can see there is an LCDProc add-on version 8.1.102

It looks like I don't have this installed currently.

The LCDProc add-on I have previously installed is XBMC LCDProc version 2.6.0

So does the LibreElec LCDProc add-on replace the XBMC LCDProc add-on ? i.e. should I uninstall the XBMC LCD Proc one and then install the LibreElec LCDProc add-on.

Cheers

Hi

I just migrated my Intel based HTPC from OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.9.5.3

I have an OrigenAE M10 HTPC case with a VF310 SoundGraph (15c2:0036) LCD/VFD display on the front of it.

In OpenElec this was working but now no information is displayed on the screen and its just stuck showing "Thank you for using OpenElec"

I have the LCDProc add-on installed for Kodi. However in the LE Configuration settings there is no option for LCD/VFD like there was in OE.

Kodi V15.2 Isengard with OpenElec v6.0.3:

OpenElec Configuration add-on Services:

Kodi V15.2 System Settings - Input - Peripherals:

Kodi V17 LibreElec Configuration add-on Services:

Kodi V17 System Settings - Input - Peripherals:

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Many thanks