Help remote control not working (Intel HTPC with Soundgraph VFD)

• Hello

I have an Origenae M10 HTPC case and it has the SoundGraph iMON VF310 15c2:0036 VFD unit. I am using a Logitech Harmony remote control in MCE mode (Windows Media Center SE).

I am running the generic HTPC version of Libreelec version 8.0.2.

The remote control does not work at all. I have tried turning on the Lirc daemon in the Libreelec add-on services area this makes no difference.

Any experts know how to get it working ?

Thanks

• I now have the remote control working kind of. I enabled the LibreElec IMON MCE add-on in the services area.

I also in the BIOS disabled the onboard Intel CIR header which I am not using as I don't have a CIR IR board.

Now in Kodi the remote is working in that I can move up and down and navigate around etc.

However I am getting the double press / bounce issue on some buttons like the guide button.

Pressing the guide button only once on the remote control, I get three outputs in irw.

So the context menu in Kodi flashes up on the screen and then disappears again.

KODI01:~ # irw

67 0 KEY_UP devinput

6c 0 KEY_DOWN devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

Looking again in the Libreelec configuration add-on under the services area the option of LIRC daemon is now not present and that option has disappeared not sure why that is?

Anyone know how to fix the double press / double commands / bouncing issues ?

Thanks

• Settings these in the advancedsettings.xml file has no affect on the problem, even increasing <remoterepeat> to something like 10000.

<advancedsettings>
    <remotedelay>10</remotedelay>
    <remoterepeat>800</remoterepeat>
    </advancedsettings>

Other buttons are also affected like "info"

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

So when I am playing a movie and I press the info button to bring up the info overlay, it flashes up on the screen and then quickly just disappears again!

• Think I may have fixed it. I removed those lines from my advancedsettings.xml file and rebooted.

Then in the MyHarmony desktop software for my Harmony Elite remote control handset, I selected the HTPC device (Windows Media Center SE) and selected "Change Device Settings" in here I then selected "Device Command Repeats" it was set to 3 I changed it to 0.

Now in Kodi the context menu is working correctly and the info overlay on video playback is now also working as expected.

In irw in terminal, now I am only getting one line for each button press:

16d 0 KEY_EPG devinput

166 0 KEY_INFO devinput

Happy days! This now means I can turn on my HTPC with the remote control from S5 shutdown as the SoundGraph VFD support this.

Previously I was just using an external USB Microsoft IR receiver and that could only turn on the HTPC from S3 Sleep mode with the remote.

Since migrating from OpenElec Kodi Isengard to LibreElec Kodi Krypton, Kodi has been locking up / hanging solid shortly after resuming from S3 sleep mode and a hard reset or SSH in and reboot command is needed.

I don't have issues with Kodi hanging when the HTPC is turned on from S5 Shutdown instead, which is why I wanted to try and get the onboard SoundGraph IMON IR working again instead.

Update: This only fixes my Logitech Harmony remote, which is fine as its what I use, but to note - I also tried a bog standard MCE IR remote and that still has issues with the bounce / repeat problem obviously. So another fix might be needed if your not using a Harmony and just a standard MCE remote.

Edited 2 times, last by cw-kid (May 28, 2017 at 2:33 PM).