Posts by cw-kid

I found an Asus BT USB adapter in a draw and plugged it into the HTPC.

In terminal lsusb I saw this:

```

Bus 002 Device 007: ID 0a5c:2148 Broadcom Corp. BCM92046DG-CL1ROM Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter

Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0a5c:4503 Broadcom Corp. Mouse (Boot Interface Subclass)

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0a5c:4502 Broadcom Corp. Keyboard (Boot Interface Subclass)

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0a5c:4500 Broadcom Corp. BCM2046B1 USB 2.0 Hub (part of BCM2046 Bluetooth)

`

In LibreElec Bluetooh is enabled under Services area.

Now when I go to the Bluetooth menu it says "No Bluetooth device found. Please put your Bluetooth device into discovery mode and start the scan"

Before this area just said "No Bluetooth Adapter found".

I have a Gioteck WX4NSW-21-MU Black wireless controller.

I just updated the firmware OK on the controller via my Windows PC.

The instructions for the controller here say to Press the Y button and Home button for the pairing mode.

I have tried this however nothing happens in LibreElec and the controller is not paired.

Any tips ?

Thanks.

After several attempts the Bluetooth area of the LibreElec Settings now says:

Pro Controller Connected: No

And shows what looks to be a MAC Address.

I then selected this and got a new menu with:

Pair

Trust and Connect

Delete

Refresh

I tried Trust and Connect and now it says Connected: Yes

Controller still not working however and moving me around the UI.

Looking in Kodi System Settings and "Configure attached Controllers" I see there are some game pad profiles you can choose from. However there is no profile for this particular Gioteck WX4NSW-21-MU.

So what does that mean? That I cannot use this controller ?

Thanks,

Hi

How do I add Bluetooth to my HTPC so I can add a games controller, any old USB Bluetooth adapter do?

I recently upgraded my Intel i3 ITX HTPC to LibreElec with Kodi Matrix.

I would like to try the retro gaming stuff.

However when I go into the LibreElec Settings no Bluetooth interface is found.

Thanks.

Strange I just tried playing another Blu-ray ISO rip "Avatar" and that one seems to be playing OK with VC-1 VAAPI turned on and hardware acceleration.

I then played Close Encounters of the Third Kind and that plays OK as well, as does I,Robot and Independence Day

So the green screen / artifacts issue seems to not affect all Blu-ray ISO rips for some reason.

Dark City, Children of Men and Inception are the same as Blade Runner however with green screen / artifacts

In the Kodi Player -> Videos settings if I completely turn off VAAPI Hardware Acceleration for all types and play the Blade Runner Blu-ray ISO rip again, it now plays OK and the green screen and artifacts have gone.

So what's changed between the two versions of LibreELEC / Kodi to break hardware acceleration of Blu-ray ISOs ?

I then went back in to Player -> Videos settings and turned back on VAAPI Hardware Acceleration. I then just turned off VC-1 VAAPI only and played the movie again. And it is playing OK. Pressing guide on the remote brings up some information.

Video decoder: ff-vc1 (SW) so its now only software decoding.

Pixel Format: yuv420p

Deinterlace method: unknown

Thanks

HOw do i create a bootable USB with Gparted.

how do i boot on the usb?

Not sure about the stand alone bootable Gparted as I didn't use it. I used a utility called Rufus to create a bootable USB stick with Ubuntu OS and then I installed Gparted in Ubuntu and did it that way.

On my PC as it boots up I press F12 on the keyboard for the Boot menu and then select the USB stick to boot from that instead of the internal HDD.

Hello

I just updated my HTPC to LibreElec 9.0.0 / Kodi V18 Leia and now when I play Blu-ray ISO rips I get green screening and artifacts.

Motherboard - Intel DH67CF
    CPU – Intel 2nd Generation Core i3-2100

i never had this problem on LibreElec 8.2.5 / Kodi V17.6 Krypton.

The HTPC is connected to a Denon AVR-1513.

I have VAAPI Hardware Acceleration turned on for all types and Audio passthrough turned on for all types etc.

Attached screen shot is the start of Blade Runner with the cityscape and flaming towers.

Also DVD Video_TS rips stopped playing properly in LibreElec 9.0.0, I had a lot of motion judder / slowness, lip sync way way out, video skipping of its own accord etc.

I changed the following video playback setting and now the DVD VIDEO_TS rips seem to be playing better.

Video Scaling Method - I changed from Lanczos3 - Optimised to be Bilinear.

The Deinterlace method is set to VAAPI - Bob.

Thanks

Hi

I have created an Ubuntu LiveUSB stick using Rufus and a downloaded ISO file (ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso) from the Ubuntu website.

I then booted up in to Ubuntu off the USB stick and installed gparted. Ctrl + Alt + T to open terminal then this command:

Code
    sudo apt-get install gparted

I then shrank my Storage partition a little bit and then increased the system partition from 242MB to 512MB.

I then updated the LibreElec install successfully to version 9.0.0 by manually extracting the .img file (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.0.img) from the .img.gz file and placing it in the Update folder and then rebooted the PC.

It now says Kodi v18 Leia - Database migration in progress please wait.

I now see there is a bootable version of gparted as you said, so probably could have done it that way and not bothered with the Ubuntu LiveUSB OS.

Before I did any of this I took a full disk backup image using Acronis True Image and I also did a backup in the LibreElec configuration add-on in Kodi just to be on the safe side and copied the .tar file off the system.

Hi

I'm running LibreElec on an Intel i3 HTPC with a SSD drive.

I just tried updating to version 9.0.0 from version 8.2.5 using the LibreElec configuration add-on within Kodi and it fails and says "Your system (FAT) partition is too small for this update" never had this problem before and have done many upgrades over the years previously.

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 1049kB 255MB 254MB primary ext4 boot

2 255MB 60.0GB 59.8GB primary ext4

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

devtmpfs 1.9G 203.3M 1.7G 11% /dev

/dev/sda1 230.4M 216.9M 9.4M 96% /flash

/dev/sda2 54.6G 26.8G 27.9G 49% /storage

/dev/loop0 203.3M 203.3M 0 00% /

tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 1.9G 6.7M 1.9G 0% /run

tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 1.9G 2.1M 1.9G 0% /var

tmpfs 1.9G 4.0K 1.9G 0% /tmp

How can I upgrade easily without starting over.

Thanks

After suffering with the flickering / black screen issue for months and trying everything, changing HDMI cables and trying various settings in Kodi and on my TV and on the AVR, eventually changing the display refresh rate setting in Kodi to 30HZ seems to have cured the issue.

So far its stopped the flickering whilst playing videos on Kodi through the Denon 1513 AVR.

I did try connecting the HTPC directly to my LG TV by passing the AVR and that seemed to play OK when Kodi was set to 50HZ or 60HZ.

But when connecting via the AVR it would flicker black again for a second or so during video playback randomly.

So fingers crossed its solved for good.