LCD/VFD not supported in LE ?

• Hi

I just migrated my Intel based HTPC from OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.9.5.3

I have an OrigenAE M10 HTPC case with a VF310 SoundGraph (15c2:0036) LCD/VFD display on the front of it.

In OpenElec this was working but now no information is displayed on the screen and its just stuck showing "Thank you for using OpenElec"

I have the LCDProc add-on installed for Kodi. However in the LE Configuration settings there is no option for LCD/VFD like there was in OE.

Kodi V15.2 Isengard with OpenElec v6.0.3:

OpenElec Configuration add-on Services:

Kodi V15.2 System Settings - Input - Peripherals:

Kodi V17 LibreElec Configuration add-on Services:

Kodi V17 System Settings - Input - Peripherals:

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Many thanks

• You have to install the lcdproc service addon from the LibreELEC addon repo

Hello

Many thanks for your help!

Looking in the LibreElec add-ons repo in the Services section I can see there is an LCDProc add-on version 8.1.102

It looks like I don't have this installed currently.

The LCDProc add-on I have previously installed is XBMC LCDProc version 2.6.0

So does the LibreElec LCDProc add-on replace the XBMC LCDProc add-on ? i.e. should I uninstall the XBMC LCD Proc one and then install the LibreElec LCDProc add-on.

Cheers

• After installing the LibreElec LCDPro add-on and in its settings selecting "imonlcd" as the LCD driver the display is now scrolling though strange characters.

I then changed the LCD driver in the LibreElec LCDPro add-on to be "imon" instead and now it seems to be working OK again.

Many thanks!

Edited once, last by cw-kid (February 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM).

• After installing the LibreElec LCDPro add-on and in its settings selecting "imonlcd" as the LCD driver the display is now scrolling though strange characters.

I then changed the LCD driver in the LibreElec LCDPro add-on to be "imon" instead and now it seems to be working OK again.

Many thanks!

I'm glad to hear that it was a rather easy endeavour!

• I'm playing a song from the Kodi library the display is showing the song title however its also saying "Immediate HDD spindown" which is weird.
    [hr]
    Looking at this Wiki page here and my LCD.xml file in userdata.

The music section of the xml file contains:

<music>
    <line>$INFO[LCD.PlayIcon] $INFO[Player.Time]/$INFO[Player.Duration]</line>
    <line>MusicPlayer.Title</line>
    <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</line>
    <line>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album] ($INFO[MusicPlayer.Year])</line>
    </music>

Don't think I've ever seen the display say "Immediate HDD spindown" before.

If I navigate around the Kodi GUI that works OK and the display tells you what menu item your currently on etc.

If I play a movie that works it shows the title of the movie and there are some numbers scrolling across the screen above the movie title not sure what these are.

If I play a TV show episode it display the episode title and the duration correctly, not sure why a movie title doesn't show the duration properly and has these scrolling numbers on the top line that are too quick to make sense of.

But if I play a music song I get this "Immediate HDD spindown" message as well as the song title.

Just played another song and its actually now showing the lyrics on the display for the song. never seen or noticed it do that before. But again the top line above this says "Immediate HDD spindown".

Will have to have a read about the LCD.xml file in more detail.

Edited once, last by cw-kid (February 20, 2017 at 10:04 PM).