Posts by kszabo

I am trying to make it out if the Wetek Play 2 with its Amlogic 905h chipset can play 4K HDR content on a 4K HDR capable TV properly.

If I understand it right, there is no need for HDR->SDR conversion as the TV can process HDR (it should not be done therefore).

the "normal" 905 is not HDR capable AFAIK, but maybe the 905h?

Intel CPU + integrated GPU :/

AMD should be an alternative in future, maybe - hopefully.

I thought that Intel integrated GPUs support only 30 fps @4K und not 60 fps (mine is like that), partially because of the hdmi specs.

I bought a brillant new Philips OLED with 4K 10bit support and looking for a solution to use its possibilities. I like Kodi too much not to switch to Android TV it comes with completely... Any up-to-date GFX suggestions for that from anyone? (low profile passively cooled ;))

This is an old thread but surely interesting for readers... I`ve just paired an old CV98LM with my Libreelec Kodi installation (generic x64, Intel) and it works great! I mapped the keys to my liking with a keyboard.xml file in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

If you want to do it yourself, here are the keys the remote generates in Kodi:

OK: 61541

up: 61568

down: 61569

left: 61570

right:61571

back: 61616

home: 61622

menu: 61952

rev: 61636

play/pause: ?

fw: 61637

all these buttons support longpress, so you can make use of it ;)

The commands could see something like this:

<key id="61637">volumeup</key>

<key id="61636">volumedown</key>

<key id="61952">ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</key>

<key id="61622" mod="longpress">Fullscreen</key>

I attached an example .xml file which uses the home button is long pressed to toggle bw gui und fullscreen video and volume controls...

Hey Guys,

Problem:

If I play interlaced videos on my rig (mainly live TV over TVhEadend 4.2, dvb-s2, SD mpg2 and 1080i h.264) the best I get is VAAPI-BOB deinterlacin. I can manually set the deinterlacing to something more sofisticated like to motion adaptive from the OSD video menü but every time I change channel it falls back to bob :(

Question:

how can I set the preferred deinterlacing method and save it / override bob?

e. g. over advancedsettings.xml?

My Setup:

generic x64 HTPC with an Intel i3-7100 (Kaby Lake)

LibreELEC 9 alpha (Kodi 18 Leia)

in settings HQ Scaler 20%, VAAPI activated, for all codecs (MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and VC-1)

any help appreciated and thanked for.

Also if there are any other recommendations for a box around $90 or less. This will strictly be for LE and I need 4K HDR and DTS-MA/TrueHD audio compatibility, I do NOT need android access.

Amlogic s905x or s912x theoretically support 4K HDR, but not on LibreElec (see here, "4K support is experimental. 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support."). I guess you could by any TV Box with these chipsets, just be careful with the WiFi chip and gigabit Ethernet (if important). My Tanix Tx7 works good (I have no HDR or 4K TV to test though).

Hello community and devs,

I have a strange issue: If I play a recording on my Amlogic box from my main libreelec PC (generic x86/64 build, latest TVHeadend) over network and over the TVHEadend PVR-Client it buffers long first and after ca. 20s smooth play I get stuttering/slowmo picture. If I play the same recording over the Video section (as a .ts file) from the network share, it plays smoothly without even buffering. Main machine plays it smoothly from the TV section.

This means the file must be OK, my network connection is OK. Somethimg with the streaming protocoll of TVHeadend must be buggy... but what?

Thank you!

I had the same plan and abandoned it. There is really no need to flash LibreElec to the internal memory.

It boots fast from the SD-card without problems, the performance is also good. You can leave Android on the box, it does not disturb too much.

I did not find any TWRP that works with Tx7 and Android 7 (tried several versions) so no backup of the firmware till now.

Hey guys,

I thought I create a thread for the Tanix TX7 Android TV box to share our experiences.

Here is a good review of this ~40€ box.

I bought the TX7 to replace a RPi3 because of its serious disadvantages. The TX7 does a significant better job as a LibreElec platform (much better WiFi, much better HW decoding, enough power over USB for a DVD drive, fanless, 32GB internal storage vs 0, more RAM, remote included...). Even the price point is better, if you consider the costs of heat sinks, case, power adapter etc.

Specs:

- CPU: S905X

- GPU: Mali-450

- RAM: DDR3: 2G

- ROM: eMMC Flash: 32G

- Radio: Broadcomm AP6255 chip with Blutooth 4.0 and Wifi b/g/n/ac dual band (2,4 and 5 GHz)

- LAN: 100 mbit ethernet only :( could be too slow for 4K HDR remuxes

- Android 7.1.2

- Widevine security level L3 only

Using on Libreelec:

I could boot the latest Libreelec 8.2 with Kodi 17.6 (kszaq´s build with 2g device tree) and latest 9.0 mit Kodi 18 alpha (from GDPR-2 here, choose LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.3.img.gz) without any problems (Toothpick method, it has a small hole on its buttom with reset switch). Everything works out of the box like Bluetooth and WiFi, thanx to kszaq . Tested some h265 1080p files without any stress on the system (CPU <15%), with flawless HW-acceleration. I still have to test native Netflix on Kodi 18.

- IR remote works

- CEC works

- Temperature sensor works

- HW acceleration for h.264 and h.265 works

- WiFi works (dual band ac)

- Bluetooth works

- Install LE with reset switch and boot works

Netflix + InputStream adaptive Addon:

i tested Netflix a bit with the latest Leia Build for s905x. I can login and browse without any issues. Unfortunately I get SD streams only (480p top) at a very choppy quality :( at <1000kb/s only. Interestingly if I boot to Android, the Netflix plugin there gets only SD too.

The box has widevine security level L3 certification (checked with DRM Info on ANdroid) and gets max. 720p stream from Netflix and Amazon Prime Video under LibreElec with that, no 1080p or 4K. The video is software encoded only of course (early stage Leia limitation), at 720p CPU usage is ~30% at 55°C temp.

Amazon Prime video plugin works too (after a widevine update)

IR Remote:

quite usable, works with Libreelec out of the box. It can wake the box out of standby.

CEC:

it works. It is listed as libCEC 4.0.2 firmware v5 inside Libreelec. I can use the TV remote for basic navigation in Libreelec. It can switch TV off too (but not on, tested on a cheap Philips LCD with the HDMI cable provided).

USB Power:

The TX7 delivers enough power over one single USB port to use an external DVD slim drive without own power supply! Amazing... My RPi3 could not do that. DVDs work flawless.

Firmware / TWRP
    Tanix offers Firmware downloads on its website but unfortunetly the one for TX7 is not listed :( Tanix website

An another option would be to do my own backup with TWRP but as writing I could not find a version that works with this p212 board and Android 7 Nougat :(

I have just received my Tanix TX7

It has an Amlogic s905x CPU/GPU, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM, 2-band ac WiFi (2,4 and 5 GHz) with an external antenna. It comes with an IR remote, power adapter and a hdmi-cable. It has a nice full-metal (alu) case. It runs on Android 7.1.2, with preinstalled SuperUser root.

I could boot the latest Libreelec 8.2 with Kodi 17.6 (kszaq´s build with 2g device tree) and latest 9.0 mit Kodi 18 alpha without any problems (Toothpick method, it has a small hole on its buttom with reset switch). Everything works out of the box like Bluetooth and WiFi, thanx to kszaq . Tested some h265 1080p files without any stress on the system (CPU <15%), with flawless HW-acceleration.

I dumped the internal firmware and I guess it must have a Mediathek MT7668 radio chip inside (dual-band ac wifi and BT 5.0), iI guess it has a Broadcom AP6255 radio chip (dual band a/b/g/n/ac wifi and Bluetooth 4.2)

I wanted to make a TWRP backup from the original Android 7 Firmware but unfortunately I could not find any TWRP version that booted from the SD-card :( I would need one for p212 reference board, for Android 7. I would flash Libreelec onto the internal memory as I want to boot to Libreelec always without a toothpick... or is there any other solution to this without nuking android? Any ideas?

I guess I can recommend this box although I did not have much time to play around with it still.

Dear developers, community and anyone who can try to help me with this issue,

my HTPC build on libreelec 8.0.2 does not want to wake up on scheduled recordings. It simply sleeps over... Logs are attached (with debug log activated)

The schedules are set by TVHeadend Client, from the epg.

If I set a recording, it generates an RTC alarm, I can check it over SSH by "cat /proc/driver/rtc"

before setting a recording (the bios and rct time are 2 hours behind, probably because of my time zone):

after setting a recording for 16:55:

what I have already tried with no avail:

- in BIOS HPET deactivated

- in BIOS wakeup on RTC alarm activated

- in sysconfig attached "hpet deactivated"

- setting an alarm over SSH with "setwakeup.sh $(($(date +%s)+300))" works, generates an alarm in 5 Minutes (=setwakeup.sh works), PC does not wake up

- tried to send PC manually into sleep, not over CEC-Adapter by switching off the TV, no difference

My Hardware:

MSI B250M Mortar

Intel I3-7100 Kaby Lake, onboard GFx

8 GB RAM Crucial

could it be that the setwakeup.sh script writes an RCT but the bios is not taking it over?

I do not understand too, why I am not able to set the correct system time in Bios. I can set it, but if I boot into Libreelec, it sets it back to 2 hours behind. Can that be the problem for not waking up?

I would be thankful for any help or hint.