Posts by hagaygo

Thanks for answering.

I know that the gigabit port is USB 2 based , which means it wont get full gigabit speeds.

I already ruled out the network as being the issue since i tried :

1.Reducing the speed to 100mbit.

2.playing test files locally.

I narrowed the problem to booting via USB device, same config booting from SD card works just fine.

Ever since i got RPI 3 B+ i noticed micro video playback stutters, especially on interlaced videos (DVB T2).

My RPI 2 didn't have those stutters , but i waited for LE 9.X cause i assumed RPI 3B+ was not really tested on version 8.2.X.

After a lot of testing , i found the problem.

When i am doing USB boot i get those stutters , when booting from SD card the stutters are gone.

Using exactly same setup (full LE backup and restore)

I found some posts about the gigabit port of RPI 3b may causing issue , so i also tried reducing the speed via the switch or LE settings to 100mbit.

Also tried playing test videos local storage instead of SMB share .

Nothing helped except boot from SD card.

Is this a known problem ?

any work around ?

any idea what else to try ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks everybody for your answers.

I think i found the problem , its related torepository.slashing addon , default settings leaves the daemon running , when i set it to stop when not used , the problem seem to go away. (still checking , but results seems promising)

The version switching i mentioned was about the same time i started using plexus so it kinda threw me off :)

As i mentioned KODI is working just fine.

While taking your advice and checking the log and since I VPN to my home , the SSH is not accessible , so i tried scp (winscp) and it works just fine (i can browse all folders and download/upload files).

I guess its a problem with the SSH session itself ?

I am not a Linux expert but without ssh access or console access , how can i debug the problem ?

st there "OS level" log in libreelec so i can maybe see what causes the "server refused to allocate pty" error ?

Hi everyone,

Been using Libreelec since version 7.X.

I had 2 RPI 2 running it just fine.

When 8.24 was out i bought a RPI 3 B model.

8.25 was released to add better support for RPI 3 B, so i installed 8.25 on it.

As testing running the new device i noticed that after random amount of days i can not login to SSH and getting the error of "server refused to allocate pty" right after login.

Its never happened before, after a while i upgraded (to 8.25) the other RPI 2 box (which was on 8.24) and i started getting the same error (after few days of running).

I figured its some bug on 8.25.

A week ago i upgraded my 2 devices to 8.95.003 , i still get the same results , after few days , after ssh login i get this error.

Only way to fix it is to restart the device (pulling the power plug).

As far i can see , KODI works just fine while this problem occurs.

I can live with this problem , but i suspect its just the "tip of the iceberg" for other more low level problem.

Any thoughts ?

Keep up the good work.:)

Hi everyone,

I am testing moving from RPI2 LibreELEC to NUC (intel based little PC).

LibreELEC is working just fine , but when i am restoring my RPI 2 backup to the NUC , most is working great just the PVR addon (argus TV) prompts errors (which is logical since its a binary addon).

I can uninstall it , but when trying to re-install it , nothing happens , even the log doesn't show anything.

Any way/workaround for this problem ?

I prefer not to setup everything from scratch , i of course don't mind setting up the PVR addon only :)

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I got a temper USB dongle, which works just fine on my windows box and Linux (ubuntu) box , i tried to get it working on libreelec on a rpi 2 (got 2 of them) with no luck so far.

I am not a Linux expert but i know enough that it can work (maybe with custom build libreelec or with untouched one).

Here is the lsusb output when its attached :

Code
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0c45:7401 Microdia TEMPer Temperature Sensor
    Bus 001 Device 007: ID 05e3:0606 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB 2.0 Hub / D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0471:0815 Philips (or NXP) eHome Infrared Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Code
    /:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=dwc_otg/1p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/5p, 480M
            |__ Port 1: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=smsc95xx, 480M
            |__ Port 3: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=mceusb, 12M
            |__ Port 4: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 12M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M
                |__ Port 4: Dev 8, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M

The TemperUSB dongle is the first one (it is actually and HID keyboard device) on the first code block and last one on the second code block

There is a github project that can communicate with it on linux (which works on ubuntu) : GitHub - padelt/temper-python: libusb/PyUSB-based driver to read TEMPer USB HID devices (USB ID 0c45:7401) and serve as a NetSNMP passpersist module

I made a C# library that can communicate with it on windows : GitHub - hagaygo/TemperUSB: TemperUSB Dongle .Net Library

Any one knows how get it working on libreelec (preferably untouched one) on RPI ?

Hi every one.

I just installed 7.95.2 on top of 7.0.2 on my RPI2.

Migration took a while but worked just great except my remote didnt respond at all , only keyboard was working.

After fine tuning the problem i found out the ir-keytable was using only LIRC protocol :

Code
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:
    Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mce
    Supported protocols: unknown other lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6 sharp xmp
    Enabled protocols: lirc
    Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared
    bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000
    Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

after running :

Code
    ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY,LIRC,OTHER

the remote just started working.

I added the line to my autostart.sh and its just fine for me , but i think you guys should be aware of the problem and the cause of it.

Keep up the good work.

The product on your original post seems to be an IR Repeater.

It can be used to receive an IR command and resend it on emitter in the end of the wire.

The USB is only for power so its the reason it does not register as a USB device.