Posts by junkpod

Hey,

thank you for another cool release. I have a question to all of you. Do any of you notice that GUI is not as smooth anymore as it was in Jarvis?
    When booted up the GUI smoothness is pretty ok and then becomes sluggish over time compared to Jarvis releases...I don't notice any abnormal RAM usage, just the transitions in menus are not so smooth? It's pretty much the same if I use it on USB or SD card - it works flawlessly on the same storage in Jarvis.

I have the same feeling.

Depending on the type of subtitle, it has to be rendered as a graphic to be displayed. As I wrote before, especially with subtitles in ASS format (which allows for a lot of effects, colors and other fluff) this will lead to CPU usage spikes that interfere with the video rendering. It is very easy to notice with software decoded videos, but can also be seen with hardware decoding. You can try downloading subtitles in other formats for your files and check if it gets better.

In my opinion, the root cause for this is that kodi apparently uses just-in-time rendering for the subtitles. This is no problem on PCs with lots of CPU power, but the arm SoCs do not have much power to spare. Pre-rendering subtitles in advance could help with the spikes, but would delay the start of video playback and is most likely a significant change in the kodi player code.

It sounds wierd that a CPU+GPU which can run Android and even can render 3d play games cannot jump this level.
    Some deep changes in the player core cause lots of problem here in Krypton.
    eg.
    I noticed with an iptv stream seems played correctly but the info overlay shows an alternating frame rate between 24 an 23.976.
    Also I noticed the passthrough somehow not send the propriate mode to the receiver as Jarvis did. In former version when played any digital format sound switched the receiver to the correct mode, it displayed the mode name (pioneer scrolls the name thru the display) but in this build it happens I have to change the receivers mode or when it switch it to the correct mode it displays the text for a short moment only than erase that immediately but finally stays in that digital mode. It seems if the pt signal is not standard or corrupted somehow...

Hello,
    I have an old Xtreamer Mk4 which is now dead as I tried to install an OE from zip file via built in recovery. It restarted after install process and now it freeze at boot with an OE splash picture...
    It had no any reset button but it's a 8726mx device.
    Is there any way to install this LibreElec build somehow?
    Hope is alive!

Yes, go to LibreELEC Settings -> System -> Backup -> Create System and Kodi Backup. Then there'll be a zip file with date and time stamped in the 'Backup' folder. Copy the file to your PC or somewhere using Samba share (e.g. Window Explorer on a PC).

Next do whatever you need to do to create your SD card, after the first boot is finished, copy the zip file back to the 'Backup' folder. Then go to LibreELEC Settings -> System again but click on 'Restore Backup' this time. It will show the name of the zip file you want to restore, click OK. After a while (depends on how big is your file), it will ask whether you want to reboot to restore the settings, click 'Yes'.

I had problem with this feature. If you'd have the same just do the SSH method with few commands, that proved.

thanks for the manual-workaround. I took a look inside the saved tar image (which is made by beta5 version and found everything is in it. So the backup function works in beta5 but the restore function doesn't work in beta5b.
    Tonight I will resinstal beta5b and try again the restore function and the manual-workaround too.

Paolo, thank you, worked well, everything is OK with the migrated settings.

You can do with ssh...

Backup by run this script (or line by line without #!/bin/bash):

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    cd /storage/
    tar cfz settings.tar.gz .config .kodi .ssh
    mv settings.tar.gz .update
    sync

then move setting.tar.gz to pc from update share, reboot to new system and copy to same share directory of new system, so you can restore with:

Bash
    #!/bin/bash
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop service*
    rm -rf /storage/.kodi
    sync
    tar xzf /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz -C /storage
    rm /storage/.update/settings.tar.gz
    sync 
    reboot

I hope this helps :)

Paolo

thanks for the manual-workaround. I took a look inside the saved tar image (which is made by beta5 version and found everything is in it. So the backup function works in beta5 but the restore function doesn't work in beta5b.
    Tonight I will resinstal beta5b and try again the restore function and the manual-workaround too.

hi kszaq,
    after a short test period I decided to move to my faster SD card, made the backup with LE backup function, saved the fle to USB, made the new card, started, Krypton loaded, started LE restore, it downloaded the selected tar file for a while, asked for reboot, countdown, went back to setting menu, rebooted and... nothing happened. I've got the same empty system...
    Is there a way to manualy restore the files from the tar?

The screen is black when the box is trying to play the next video file after finished the first one if Auto Play Next Video is ON, and
    - The files are MOV (from Cannon DSLR camera, Quicktime format?)
    - Files are on a local/NAS drive
    - There is no OSD menu

Tested the same files with Kodi 17.0 final on Andriod (Same box), the Auto Play Next Video feature works fine.

I've got very similar issue as I use splash video at startup and after finished playing the splash video KODI show only black screen, pressing OK show up teh OSD, then I can stop play and got home menu.
    It was OK with the previous b5 version.