Posts by zomboided

I cannot use the newer vpn manager versions. After 20 minutes of downloading the provider files I get the following error: "Unable to download the VPN provider files. Check log and try again."
    I tried several times, the last time with a new clean install of LibreELEC. At the moment i'm using version 3.1.2 which is working.

My log file is here: 20:37:55.996 T:1962713088 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://ma - Pastebin.com

I'm using NordVPN.

Pick another vpn (try private internet access). Do you have the same issue? (Just enter random crap for user/pass) or does it download and try and connect
    [hr]

KODI LOG - Pastebin.com - is the kodi log
    SETTINGS - Pastebin.com - are the 2 setting files

Also, the issue doesn't appear to happen when I reboot the system, only when I shut it down and restart

Your xml is being wiped/reset to default. This isn't happening to other people so I suspect it's something in your setup. Do you have an addon "helpfully" cleaning up your user directory? Recreate it on a fresh install and add things back in as needed (or get me a log of it failing on fresh install)

It doesn't get cleared, but yes it is in the path you say. Does it need to be moved?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

make sure you're on the latest version of the add-on and then delete the that file and everything else in that directory.

Then reboot and set up a connection. Then save out the xml. Switch on debug as per the first post in this thread and reboot. Get a log, save out the xml again. Blank out your user name and password from the xml files and post them up with the log and I'll see what's happening.

I use vpn from SmartDnsProxy and it runs perfectly on this. I use an old laptop partitioned just with libreelec. What can cause losing all the vpn manager settings and having to reinput them when I boot the system?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Settings get stored in the userdata directory, is that directory being cleared? Or is the a .xml file which persists for this addon in that path (which is /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.vpn.manager on some LE devices)

I have filtering enabled but for some reason when I view my local libraries (movies, music or tv shows) the vpn connects automatically.

Any ideas why?

Because you're connecting at boot and the default action is to use that connection. Don't disconnect at boot and just filter.

Yeah, you know I use PIA and don't see it delaying reporting where it is. But others clearly do see this problem and I've never been able to work out if it's related to the VPN provider or the ISP because there doesn't seem to be a pattern. But it is what it is, and I'm not gonna fix it beyond offering up the different options to resolve with different IP info services.

Glad you're sorted with Pure.

Ok originally I thought my ISP was blocking, but after talking with purevpn, I tried configuring using their files on my Asus Merlin WRT Firmware router, UDP worked perfectly, after I got the correct server name from purevpn.

So the server names are not correct in their files that are posted, so you have to get them from vpn-servers.

The ones listed in their OVPN files are wrong and don't resolve to DNS.

I've added screen shots of the my asus router configuration.

The files that they supply are wrong!? Quality outfit.
    If you use the server name in the link that you provided with the add-on, does it work? It's difficult to be sure what all of the options are from the screenshots, but I think it'd be ok with nobind removed as previously

Is the first error log without nobind? It's showing a TLS error rather than the timeout error previously.

Can you download a standard PureVPN UDP ovpn from their support site (the Linux flavour one) and try using that from the command line - you'll need to make sure the ovpn is pointing at the two keys/certs.

Compared to the PureVPN supplied files, it looks like nobind needs to go. Edit the file, delete nobind as I've indicated in green above.
    DON'T reset the povider files (as it'll revert your edit). Just edit it, flip to the GUI and try and connect to the file/location you've edited.

IF that fails, then the final 4 parameters I've added deliberately. Delete those, indicated in blue, and reconnect, once again without resetting the files.

Don't do both at the same time because I want to know what fixes it so I can make only the relevant changes.

jg555 can you post the ovpn file for the connection. It's in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.vpn.manager/PureVPN/

cle the information comes from an external IP service. You can change which one is used in settings/debug, last option. If it's not reported, then I can't display it.

Do you get this problem with TCP connections? Or just UDP?
    And if you go to settings/debug and turn 'Check connection with ping' off and then go to settings/utilities and run 'Reset VPN provider files', do you see the same issue?

So you got an authentication error, but didn't believe it was a problem with your ID, and now you're seeing file system full errors and you don't think that's a problem when the add-on wants to write files? I think you're better off using openvpn via systemd. There are some good guides on setting it up if you google.