Posts by e123enitan

Maybe you could try to install it on a fresh system(guess you have also an android installed beside-t replyhen maybe just delete the libre files via adb or root-file-manager to keep your settings and apps on android). Maybe that way you got no conflicting files of older install and it works for you then...

Thanks for the reply, my issue is my android is gone, and I did not have a backup for years since I have been using balbes image, 17.6 installed into emmc with no problem. If I could obtain Android iso for Tronsmart Vega S95 that will be fine, but I dont have one since I prefer Libreelec on emmc.

Hi Balbes, Please assist every time that tried to write into emmc fails

Thanks for the write up', I am 100% certain I followed exact steps as you described, but when the system reboot, it generates an error message. I will review the uEnv.ini file again as that could be the only portion where things could have got messed up.

Cheers!

New images 20180920 (kernel 3.14).

I draw attention to the changes. Now the process of installing the system in eMMC has changed. The default install of the additional copy of the LE at eMMC without uninstalling regular Android. Now, to install LE in eMMC, there is a special menu item in "Libreelec->Services->eMMC->Install to eMMC". When you select this menu item, LE will be copied to eMMC in parallel to Android (Android is fully saved and can be used). Also in the new images added two menu items to create and restore a full copy of the eMMC on external media (along with the bootloader, settings and all data). I recommend that you make sure you create a full copy of eMMC before installing LE on eMMC. Depending on the type of external media and how busy eMMC data is, the backup process can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. After the copy is created or restored, the system automatically shuts down. It is not recommended to use the system during creation and recovery (to reduce the risk of errors). For those who want to install LE in eMMC with delete Android, you need to rename the script on the external media beforehand "full_install2emmc.sh" to "install2emmc.sh", start the system from external media and also select the item in the menu. The system will execute the installation LE to replace eMMC with Android on LE.

Hi Balbes,

I current have this version LibreELEC-S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6_20180122.img working in my Tronsmart s905 emmc.

Also I have burned this version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20181114151758-cbfbde4.img into SD card and is working fine, each time I tried to write this version in emmc I get an error message.

The process will start with write to emmc, after a short time the box will power off.

Next I removed the SD and power on the box, then a script message pop up

"Never touch boot=in ex linux.conf /cmdline.txt!

if you don't know what you are doing,

your installation is now broken.

normal startup in 60s....20"

after the above several lines of scripts is written

"FAILED] failed to start load kernel models"

Could you advice where I have gone wrong, How to update S905.aarch64-9.0 into existing emmc S905_SD_USB.aarch64-17.6.

Thanks

Together with chewitt managed to build and publish Addons for aarch64:

Index of /addons/

The new version (20181019) of the image with the kernel 4.18 aacrh64 with updated addon location:

Nothing found — Yandex.Disk

Thanks guys for the repo, it works fine. However, I am getting this annoying screen flikering both on moivies and Live Tv play back, even when nothing is been playe, it still filker, I have changed HDMI cable hoping this would resolved this issue but it did not. I did not experienced this issue with Libreelec Generic version connected to this same TV issue same HDMI cable.

I read through this link similar issue was reported but there was no clear solution to the problem, I am womdering if some hae similar issue and how it was resolved.

[SOLVED] [S905x | 8.0.1e) Screen flickering/turning black for a moment - Nexbox A95x

logs

http://ix.io/1pio

http://ix.io/1pjf

I don't remember that, but then I don't remember lots of things. I keep the arm repo up to date so no harm in using it. If you want to keep building aarch64 it's best to create another repo though. I can setup some webspace if you need it - ping me in Slack.

Is there way to side load the repos such as URL, or I my thinking wrong, I have find it difficult to test Kodi 18 with out access to repo PVR's such as DVBViewer and Stalker.

HI Doemer, Have been able to resolve this issue and how? Please share your steps, I 'm still in a struggle to test my Live Tv and other several addons with connection to repo.

I hope Balbes will have a fix on a going forward as it essential for testing the stability and functionalities of the build.

Cheers!

HI Balbes, I just used your new build 10/08 on Tronsmart Meta s95, I used the Wetek dtb.img. repacked to SD card, but it won't boot, screen is just black, this never happen before, is there any changes I need to make to any file inside build to boot.

This version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-9.0-devel-20180920172249-905fd26.img works without issue, so what do I need to change in the current version to make it work

I can some assist, I have noticed that every time that i changed channel it will work for few mins and then Freeze, any though

I see this error for each play

Code
    00:02:42.399 T:140694194743040   ERROR: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - no sink was returned
    00:02:42.400 T:140694203135744   ERROR: ActiveAE::InitSink - returned error
    00:02:42.423 T:140694290221184   DEBUG: CDirectoryProvider[library://video/movies/]: refreshing..
    00:02:42.423 T:140694290221184   DEBUG: CDirectoryProvider[library://video/tvshows/]: refreshing.

Full log

hastebin