Posts by r4w

rastobil, thanks for the answer. I think I got my answer, in the sense of that I have upgraded to 8.2.4.2 but I may have not realised that the TV was seeing HDR content even before (no need to force anything via the echo command or from the menu).

I have a Samsung QE65Q6F (not the new N), a Yamaha RX-A3070 and all the cables are at least HDMI 2.0. I have Matrix or John Wick in 4K HDR and both are reporting well on TV (HDR and UHD).

If I try to force '444,10bit', I'm getting a black screen, unsure why.

As far as I know, the panel is 10bit capable.

it's a bit I don't follow the forum but I have been busy with work and moving houses :) I have got myself a new Samsung QLED tv and I'm trying to understand how and if I can get HDR working.

My 905x box (Zenbox) is connected to my Yamaha AVR, CEC is enabled everywhere and I'm able to use a 4k resolution in the UI (but I'm keeping it at 1080p as it's faster).
    However, if I do: echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr, the screen will become black and eventually the TV will show no signal.

Question: Should I keep the UI at 4k in order to run the echo command? Am I missing something else? I have tried to read most of the threads here but I'm still confused :)

Cheers!

In the first page it says: 9082xs not supported. Unsure 'C' or 'S' makes any difference but I suspect it's a no :)

I was wondering if anybody can provide a sample of remote.conf configuration for the "generic" MX3 remote control:

I didn't spend too much time customizing it, very interested in getting the play/pause and seeking buttons to work :)
    Thank you!

Thanks for the responses chaps. It must be something my end then, as I have x 3 Nexbox A95x S905X boxes and all 3 freeze when trying 4k movies. Yet if reinstall SPMC on android they play 4k perfect. Weird.

If you're using NFS, I would recommend to try to mount NFS at the OS level (Mounting network shares - OpenELEC).
    Without changing anything and using the same NFS server, I get sluggish performance using the native NFS implementation in Kodi while it works perfectly if I use the same server at the OS level.

Something similar: NFS (libnfs) Performance

On my MiniMX III (s905), I got 4.2MB/s download (~33Mb/s) over a gigabit fiber and gigabit ethernet connection.
    ARM processor are not very good with encryption... and there is no hardware encryption supported with the kernel (cryptodev) like Intel can do.

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ./speedtest_vpn.sh
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
     77  476M   77  368M    0     0  3749k      0  0:02:10  0:01:40  0:00:30 4205k

According to this whitepaper, :

• Crypto Engine – AES/AES-XTS block cipher with 128/192/256 bits keys, DES/TDES block cipher, Hardware crypto key-ladder operation and DVB-CSA for transport stream encryption, built-in hardware True Random Number Generator (TRNG), CRC and SHA-1/SHA-2/HMAC SHA engine

I have to disagree that the processor can't handle properly encryption/decryption using its hardware but I would instead check that the VPN is actually using an AES based algorithm.
    I can't talk about what the kernel supports or less though.

kszaq is aware of this, so I believe we need just to wait and see if they can fix this. Until then, happy to use NFS from OS.
    I'm not really concerned about the maximum bitrate I can play, as I don't have UHD movies to see just now, but it's possible that Kodi is using more resources to get its internal NFS/SAMBA working.

140 Mbps is less than 20 MB/sec (17.5 to be precise).
    My wireless connection is at around 180 Mbit (tested with iperf / tcp).
    I'm now using NFS over udp, which goes straight to a single disk (a brand new WD Red 3 TB).
    Anyway, I was using a USB2 stick which performed around 18 MB/sec, so maybe at limit, so I have tested with a USB3 stick (over 40 MB/sec read on a USB3 port with my laptop) and I have to admit that USB is the right choice for UHD and s905x is not the issue here (and yes, I believe somehow the boards are all the same :) )
    I played without issues the 200 and 250 Mbit file.

next test using USB3-Network adapter based on Realtek RTL8153
    Adapter works oob with LE 7.95b
    Iperf reports 180-330 Mbit

jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv runnig smooth :exclamation:

BTW:
    Adapter is not working with Stock Android

I'm surprised that your box based on s905x (like mine) is able to handle the 140 Mbit file. I have tried directly from a USB stick and it was lagging.
    Somewhere I have read that these boxes are all created equal, so that's not true ;)

mmpp: Unfortunately in my case when I power it off, the led in front of the box goes red for a second and then it goes back to blue and LE restarts from SD, therefore it stays in power on.
    I have reached out to the seller to see if there's a firmware upgrade.
    It's a kind of strange box what I have, I haven't seen many s905x with Wireless AC around yet.