Posts by nooryani84

RockPro64 and Renegade Elite are both from vendors with a long-term proven commitment to Linux support. Khadas are getting better but still seem to focus on Android and simple stuff like designing a case and heatsink that can be paired together seems to escape their design team. Radxa are an unknown quantity at this point in time.

What's particularly interesting with the Renegade Elite is that it has mainline kernel support from Libre Computer already it seems.

I am a bit concerned as to how well these two RK3399 boards can be passively cooled via just a heatsink inside a case. I am still looking for some user feedback and reviews here.

I've been looking at the Tinkerboard S, RockPro64 and the Renegade Elite

Which is a better choice currently, RK3228 or RK3399? Which of these devices have generally been most stable/best performing?

I'm just unsure which one of these is the best to device to get at the moment, so any experiences or help would be greatly appreciated.

So I've been reading up on current and upcoming boards as I'm considering investing in a new one for LibreElec. Currently it seems as though the two best options are AMLOGIC S905D for long term support or RK3399. Which would be recommended between the LibreComputer Renegade Elite, ROCKPro64 or something else? I want something that will at least be supported for LibreElec 19 and has a fairly straight forward install. I'm sceptical to Odroid C2 since that's running a fairly old kernel.

awiouy:

I've been trying to get spotifyconnectweb app working seperately on a headless installation and had quite a bit of problems creating a systemd service without a seperate script... What I've learned with help from your script and trial and error is that unless you create a sepearte script, it seems to be very picky about accepting arguments such as --username, --password, --key etc. It just produces an error when starting the service. It works fine if i use the chrooted version, but not the smaller one with built-in dependencies, which is preferrable.

So I solved this by specifying the locations manually, which worked perfectly.

Code
    ExecStart=/pathto/spotifyconnectweb -k /pathto/spotify_appkey.key -n "Spotify Connect" -b 320 -c /pathto/credentials.json

Just wanted to share this in case it helps anyone else.. Thank you again for your great implementation, my next issue to tackle will be starting avahi.

Would it be recommended to just add this line of code to /etc/rc.local ?

Code
    avahi-publish-service TestConnect _spotify-connect._tcp 4000 VERSION=1.0 CPath=/login/_zeroconf

So I have been playing around with a USB DAC that I just bought HiFime Sabre 9018 USB DAC

It works fine with Kodi and Spotify after first setting it up and booting. I chose sysdefault:CARD=Audio from the Spotify Connect Web app and then PCM etc. Shows up instantly and doesn't even have to be connected during before you boot up LibreElec.

Here's the annoying part: if I reboot the LibreElec from the menu, it stops working. When I try to select a different audio device to use from the Spotify app i just get an error. I tried selecting the HDMI/Analog for Kodi in case they were having issues sharing the same output device, but this doesn't resolve the issue.

It works if I unplug the USB DAC and then do the following:
    1. Reselect the integrated HDMI/ANALOG output device while the DAC is disconnected. Select OK
    2. Insert the USB DAC again and go back to output device selection, then it will let me pick the DAC again and LibreElec almost instantly shows up on my Spotify app and works again.

I've taken a snippet of the log, the first is the device which seems to register as the default audio device for Spotify, hw:0. The next is the error after rebooting the Pi and it tries to use the USB DAC again and can't find it.

I'm at a loss here and I realize this is probably not a priority, though I wanted to be able to use LibreElec hooked up to a sound system to stream spotify headlessly (no HDMI), so this kinda sucks :(

really? otherwise Spotify doenst detect LE in the device list.

No i didnt, still waiting for my key. Could take a few weeks. But other users told me, that its not needed since u can enter username and password. Like the instructions say "optionally...". Or am i getting it wrong?

The username and password is optional, not any of the other steps. I never have bluetooth enabled unless I'm using an external bluetooth device, so I'm not quite sure what's going on there.

BT is not needed unless you're using a BT speaker. Did you do step 2 and 3 from the original post?