Posts by Reddirt

Just a wild ass guess here but it sounds like you have introduced a number of potential problems. I might suggest you start simple by using a micro HDMI to HDMI cable and see what works. If audio from HDMI is an issue you can always use the audio output jack with a separate cable. At least this way you can test and find what might cause your issues.

If you provide your entire setup (Monitor type, AVR, Sound System) some the wiz kids here might come up with an answer for you.

My RPi 5 finally arrived today and I couldn't wait to assemble and test. Aside from the LE USB Creator not working I loaded a 16gb sd card and viola! 11.06 running without a hitch. 1st boot was on an old Samsung 32" led 720 flavor then on to a Sony 46" LED. I made no changes and boot was perfect. The Pi 5 is fast by any measure and seems to perform identical to my i3 HTPC system. Nice work from the Pi folks and of course our hero DEVs. Nice work guys and gals.

I'm somewhat of a stranger in a foreign land when it comes to Linux speak but after several attempts to edit the Pointer.xml file I was rewarded with cursor 2 X the original size so a win. Nothing blew up and seems a straight forward edit of the pixel variables (I'm assuming) did exactly what I wanted. I use the original skin Confluence but I reckon each skin uses a similar file.

The Pointer.xml file is read only so steps to unlock the file and also take ownership were required. A bit more involved than I expected but I managed. The file is located here:

/media/user/Storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Pointer.xml

The size of 32 was replaced with 64 in all occurrences. 8 total.

I'd vote for the Pi5 and will be getting one myself soon as they're available towards end of this month. If you're looking for a dual purpose system for your HTPC you might also consider and Intel I3 system with plenty of horsepower for LE and pretty much trouble free operation. Likely gonna put the price tag around four to five hundred but will serve ya well for a long time. Runs win10 or 11 on a separate SSD when I'm not running LE so a like a 2fur. Kinda depends on your budget.

I'm surprised at the attention this issue attracted. I for one vote to use the ext4 system for all things LE and be done with it. Windows to Apple to Windows comes to mind and maybe sometimes works but never really a solid solution. All these years LE has been a solid trusted build and dinking with the windows file system seem to me a waste of resources. Maybe I'll think differently once all my drives are converted to ext4 but unlikely. Just my two pence.:shy:

Offhand I might venture to say you're using the wrong password or possibly you did not enable SSH at install of LE. Just a guess. That failed to play message may be due to a file error. I have also found filenames perfectly legal in Linux that cause issues with Window file systems. Especially () and ' I found in mp3 files and sometimes in movie titles.

Also there is a Kodi log viewer in the Kodi Repository.

Upgrading is always a challenge in this hobby. My best advice is buy a few thumbdrives and test before using your main system. I have a nice I3 HTPC for my main system running LE11.0 and will likely update once I know everything I need to use works. Keep in mind LE is constantly changing and improving so keep informed by checking in here and by all means help support the project with a donation.

You can download the chrome installer here:

browser.chrome

You install from zip file just like any addon. It will take care of the rest.

As for the Custom Audio Device my experience has shown the setting is more dependent upon the HDMI configuration of your TV or monitor. Some of my TVs require the setting and some do not. As for the audio in chrome the process is somewhat involved and I passed on the effort. Some sites on Chrome that have their own audio controls just will not work properly and some even cause browser errors. What I have found that works for me is after launching Chrome I go to YouTube and play any site that has audio. That seems to kick start the Chrome audio system. After that most sites will play fine. Kinda hokey to do every time ya start Chrome I know but seems to work so take it or leave it.

On the bluetooth issue that's above my paygrade.