Posts by snailboy1

It's all the same :(
    Has anyone been able to use T230 with this build on x86_64?
    And what about Dvb drivers configuration addon? Is it gone?

works for me using CvH build - 7.0.2 with dvb-c
    i had to go to the dvb drivers option and choose media_build, otherwise i got insane continuity errors. i got the odd ones now on HD channels but it does not affect viewing.

using mygica T230 (not T230C)

works on x86 and pi3 version.

note, on my pi3 i had to restart overnight as i think it went to sleep but didn't properly bring up the adapter.. not sure though atm

Look like no full info about dual-channel empia media usb bridge. So implemented partial support.

Hi crazycat -

i've just spoke to hauppage who said -

Both tuners should be supported in our Linux driver.

We have several customers using Linux and both tuners, including Google for Android and OEM customers.

Here is the latest patch file for kernel 4.2.5 and the WinTV-dualHD's:

Dropbox - wintv-dualhd-kernel-4.2.5-2016-08-10.patch.tar.xz

is this new information for you to go on?

Hi.
    How to get tvheadend (on the same device - pi3), to see the internal grabber?

i've used the tvheadend configure to point it to the .xml file (through smb on the same device), but in tvheadend i cannot see the "internal grabber" in the webif, and selecting external does nothing either.

is there something i'm missing?

thanks

what fix ?

Hi
    HDStar DVB-S2 Fix > Geniatech HDStar DVB-S2 problems · Issue #4195 · OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv · GitHub
    i'm not sure if it's still relevant - but i'll be receiving the adapter this week to test.

-

regarding the amlogic - i get perma continuity problems with kszaq, with T230, but i also did on the official x86 version - but, usings yours with the media_build drivers works. so i assumed kszaq's build doesn't have them in.

Thanks for the response.

CvH

2 Questions -

1. are you able to put the latest media_Drivers into the amlogic s805 mxq build? (7.0.3) - i believe this may be why my T230 isn't work properly on my mxq box.

i've actually bought about 5 dvb-c adapters, and not one of them works in what i originally got them for, amlogic.
    I've managed to get 2 of them working using your build on x86 - T230 and WinTV DualHD (just 1 tuner). but i really need them on the s805.. otherwise, worst case, i'll have to stick to raspberry pi's.

-

2. Do your builds include the HDstar DVB-S2 fix?

Thanks mate

DVB doesn't seem to work for my T230 dvb-c.

It's seen by tvheadend, but massive continuity errors.

I then tried on the x86 version in case it was libreelec or amlogic build, and it was the same issue. So the problem was Libreelec.

I then tried the same x86 box with cvh build, media_build drivers, and it works. (i had to go to the options and press the "latest kernel media_build" option to install)

are those ones not added to this amilogic version? or do i need to get CvH to make a combined build with your amlogic one?

Thanks (hope you enjoyed the coffee :D )

thanks trying now.

note, that I noticed that with your 7.0.2.7, it doesn't include the aml_autoscript file.

is this required, if so, am i ok to use the one from a previous version.

(i did try 7.0.2.4 which i installed on my friends box).
    [hr]

You might have a box with fake RAM.. Try running HD18Q build and if it fails, m201d build.

THANKS.

the m201d went on.

will there be any disadvantages to using this build?

should the remote work?
    [hr]
    seems quite unresponsive with the external keyboard atm
    [hr]
    confirmed yes - it's gone on but very unresponsive to the keyboard.

guess it's some scam clone :/
    [hr]
    I've managed to get into system info within libreelec -

memory used 94mb / 343MB

thought it was supposed to have 1 gb

hi,
    i don't seem to be able to flash my MXQ i've just received. I've done another one in the past but this one is not working.

i wonder if it's a new model?

i'm updating by downloading the nand mxq zip (tried multiple versions), unzipping to usb stick, using toothpick to get to recovery, and installing. says successful.

but, when start up it just sticks on the logo (which isn't mxq logo like the previous box i did for a friend).

i've took the box apart and took some photos.. i couldn't make out what it says on the chips as it's a bit dark. will try tomorrow.

this is the board

this is what sticks on the screen (and did before i attempted to update, whilst it had android on)

any help greatly appreciated

not so much relevant - but i just received the same T230 device today and have been testing with dvb-c.

in libreelec alpha 7.9 it worked perfectly for a while and then suddenly stopped responding - then numerous continuity errors.

i've put the device in my ubuntu server with tvheadend and it works flawlessly.

I can comfirm that indeed this tuner is working as discribed above!
    I can't scan with Disecq switch though, anyone who can help me on this?
    Question is if this is because off my switch, tvheadend or the tuner?

regards, Jefken

have you configured tvh with the correct sat for the correct diseqc port..

e.g. setup your sats in network.
    then in dvb inputs, change the universal lnb to whatever diseqc switch you have, then put each network in the correct switch port.

Hi,
    I use same usb tuner with kszaq build in Amlogic TV box, and have same issue. when scan DVB-C via Tvh have transponders who worked good and descrambled OK, but also have transponders where cant scan, or after scan worked with pixelization. This is problem with tuner drivers. There have question about that, but Antti not have "motivation" to make it worked :)

looks like could be related to that post.

also notice someone else has no issues on windows using dvbviewer..

has to be some linux driver issue :/

it is a shame if we can't get this working as this is the most common dvb-c usb adapter on ebay and everywhere. it's completely saturated the market. and cheap

Digital DVB-T2 DVB-T DVB-C+ FM+ DAB USB Dongle HDTV Tuner Receiver Stick &Remote | eBay

I need an dmesg | paste pls, hard to tell whats going on.

You can try "Disable PMT monitoring" if you can found it at the device options in Tvh.
    Also give VDR a try if it works there (to rule out that Tvh is the problem).

Power should not be the problem.

dmesg >
    no monitor plugged in here

I will check with VDR later today Thanks (i need to move it to a monitor to manage the plugins more easily)

Thanks
    [hr]
    tvh shows correct (will check vdr later though)

Thanks for the reply CvH.

I tried the alpha but have the same problem.

I'm wondering if it's a power issue for the dongle from the 2 small form factor computers, although i would have thought it would work tbh.
    I could try to get hold of a hub - although i'm told hubs + dvb are not recommended anyway.

I read somewhere that may be the device is showing up as a MN88473 but may be a MN88472, not sure how to tell though.

probably doesn't mean much but this is the tvheadend log.

this is from lsusb -v

this is the MN88472
    Antti's LinuxTV Blog: Naked hardware #14: DVB-T2 USB TV Stick HD-901T2

this is the MN88473
    Antti's LinuxTV Blog: Naked hardware #18: Astrometa AMDVB-T2 v2
    --

Hi and thanks for Librelec (and openelec).

-

I'm using this cheap tuner from ebay -
    on x86 Libreelec, it's recognized by tvheadend (can see all 3 tuners available, including dvb-c).

If i use DVB-C i can scan and find channels but there is an insane amount of continuity errors. practically un watchable.

I've tried on 2 seperate machines - a gigabyte brix and a lenovo small form factor computer, both with the latest stable librelec release from the download section.

I've also tried these as well just in case LibreELEC (unofficial) Kodi builds for additional DVB Drivers

-

In case it was the tuner itself, i installed progdvb on my windows laptop and tried there - worked perfect, flawlessly.

-

I use an ubuntu server with tvheadend and a TBS6909 so i decided to try the stick in there to see if it's a linux issue or librelec/drivers/tvheadend.
    Unfortunately i couldn't get it working at all - posted here if interested (as this guy used the same stick as an example) - otherwise ignore it > howto: ubuntu 16.04 Tvheadend DVB-C/S(2)/T & non-DVB (ipcam/DV) rotate recording

I'm willing to donate 30$ to get this working on Librelec (no stutter).

Thank you.