Posts by snailboy1

yes it includes dw2102: Combine SU3000 (and OEM) support

Thank you very much. This works :D

and with this build i can run both my t230 + hdstar

lots of kisses <3 and big thanks to crazycat.

-

Issue - i'm getting lots of continuity errors with both devices. every 10-15 seconds or so. TV almost watchable just corrupts every now and then.
    I'm using an acer revo mini pc, it has something like a dual core 1.6ghz atom + 4gb ram.

Watching "top" whilst simultaneously watching live TV, i notice that at the exact time the errors occurs i see gdb in top spiking at 90% CPU.

Is gdb spiking because there are continuity errors every now and then, or is gdp the cause of the continuity errors due to spiking CPU load.

it looks like there is a driver failure
    dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
    dw2102: i2c transfer failed.

The patch won't help because this is heavily outdated since kernel ~4.4 and the card is supported by the kernel, but you could open a ticket here Issues · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub maybe CrazyCat can help you. But before you do this pls try to copy the dvb-fe-ds300x.fw to the folder /storage/.config/firmware/ and rename it to dvb-fe-ds3000.fw and reboot -> dmesg and have a look if the same errors appear.

here is dmesg with firmware swap

i'll see if i can get afl to comment here (to see how he did it) and see if crazycat will respond, thanks
    [hr]
    CvH,
    i just got a respons from afl, he said

I only used the latest version of media_build http://mycvh.de/openelec/media_build/med...9bf.tar.xz
    In kszaq's latest Krypton build is included media_build.

but - i just tried it and the same issue

-

crazycat has done an update he has just told me here - 4 days ago > Commits · crazycat69/linux_media · GitHub

I guess i can try to test them on ubuntu

Thanks a lot.

-
    Same issue though - seems recognized fine like your other builds, has good signals etc, but no channels found, no data.

This is also recognized as > "Montage Technology DS3000"
    where as afl's build recognizes as > "Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020

quote from here about a patch > New Raspbian images available now with HDStar support - Outernet Receiver (ORx) - Outernet | Discussions

It was written for 3.18, but I'm applying it against 4.1 in ORx and it just works. EDIT: I should also note that HDStar on 4.x kernels is correctly recognized, but does not work. You do get a frontend device in the dev tree, but it is not able to tune in or anything. Patch applies cleanly and device subsequently works.

CvH, please can you help.
    I'm really struggling to get this HDstar dvb-s2 v3 to work on x86 and pi3

It's working on 1 build from afl, but it's for amlogic s905 - so the hardware is not broken

I'll donate well + can send you one of the tuners for free.

device shows up in pretty much all versions but finds no channels.

in afl version, it shows up in tvheadend and works, but looks like this
    Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020

in all other versions it looks like this :
    Montage Technology DS3000

without the TS2020

not sure if that helps. I've noticed it is using dvb-fe-ds3000.fw
    checking linuxtv, shows about which MD5 is the latest one, and checking the libreelec fw, that is version dvb-fe-ds300x.fw
    i've copied this out and renamed to dvb-fe-ds3000.fw, and put in .config/firmware .. but no difference. (in 7.02 and 7.10)

Thanks for reply, i've an mxq s805 all black i'll try the guide (three change) in the main thread but the box go in mxq logo loop, how i can know what type of chips i have ?

try the other 3 builds.. i had this problem and found out i had a fake clone, which only had 512mb of ram.
    out of the 3 805 builds, 1 of them booted, but was incredibly slow - going to system info showed it only had 340mb or something.

Hi,

try this OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - OE 6.95.3 with Geniatech HDSTAR V3 patch. (1/1)

install openelec, then update with that one.

i'm scanning now - found no channels BUT i'm seeing good SNR etc when it tunes in. so something works better..

CvH, i just sent some beer tokens :D

if you PM me, i will send you one of these HDStar dvb-s2 v3 adapters for free if you have a satellite to test it on. or anyone else if theyhave the skills to make this work.

some info here >

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

LibreELEC afl intergrated with amilogic build but i don't have this particular hardware

Openelec build from the link i posted earlier, with apparent patch for v3 HDstar >

I added the support for this device in to the kernel, but as CrazyCat said it only supports the first tuner. The issue is that the EM28xx driver is not built with support for dual-tuners in mind. It was relatively easy to add support for a new device, but it is a significant task to add support for multiple tuners. The driver supports something like 100 different devices so you need to be very careful...

I'll have a look at the attachment you added later.

thank you, keep me updated.

I've received mine with the same issues.

this thread has some info Anyone Using Geniatech Hdstar DVB-S2 help with LED Status?

this is a silly question, but - when i install libreelec, i burn the img.gz to sd/usb
    what to do with .tar, as in the openelec link in that thread? - i'll be able to test if at least the adapter works or not and if it is software related by using that pre-built image.

i just tried the firmware copy/rename as above, with cvh 7.0.2, but hasn't worked
    [hr]

note - this is after swapping the .fw around

--

edited:
    i've updated to 7.9 - not sure if it rectifies the .fw i swapped earlier, but it does the same thing.
    I can see the signal bar sometimes go up and down.

on the ones I can see a signal, i get >

Code
    2016-12-21 01:31:52.565 linuxdvb: Montage Technology DS3000 : DVB-S #0 - poll TIMEOUT2016-12-21 01:31:53.443 linuxdvb: Montage Technology DS3000 : DVB-S #0 - retune nodata

here cvh commented OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - OE 6.95.3 with Geniatech HDSTAR V3 patch. (1/1)

tried with Userdata (capital U)

has anyone else got this working... driving me nuts :(

i've tried fresh installs without changing the xml filename in the config.. same issue

is this broken?

i fixed my issue but not using smb link for tvheadend settings.
    I enabled view hidden files, and used the config to linkto it that way instead of over samba. works good.

a use case for this is what i used to do :

Esxi Server with 2 cheap ati GPUs.
    create 2 VMs with openelec/libreelec
    passthrough the GPUs.

so you can use your server to power all your TVs + all your other VM stuff you do as well.

really, i could never get it to work with openelec so i used kodibuntu. but i suspect this libreelec image will actually work.

thanks.

i've done this, and in my tvheadend settings.xml in libreelec i have

Code
    <setting id="XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE" value="smb://127.0.0.1/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/channels.xml" />

in my webgrab++.config.xml i output to channels.xml and the file is there (3MB in size).

pointing tvheadend to channels.xml doesn't enable the grabber :( (tvh 4.2)

tried with Userdata (capital U)

has anyone else got this working... driving me nuts :(

i've tried fresh installs without changing the xml filename in the config.. same issue

is this broken?

The latest media_build drivers are already included, I have one patch scheduled that might help discontinuity errors. On the other hand I would not expect wonders from the old kernel we have to use.

thanks.

are they the same as in CvH build? (in which you have to select the option - media_build latest kernel)

otherwise i'm not sure what the issue is. Happens with both wintv dualhd (as a single tuner) and T230.

-

anybody else got usb dvb adapters working?

Hi
    tv_grab_file is visible in TVHeandend Webinterface when could locate xmltv file
    so in tvheadedn42 addon settings you must specific directory where is located your XMLTV
    and choose type - "file"

thanks.

i've done this, and in my tvheadend settings.xml in libreelec i have

Code
    <setting id="XMLTV_LOCATION_FILE" value="smb://127.0.0.1/userdata/addon_data/service.webgrabplus/channels.xml" />

in my webgrab++.config.xml i output to channels.xml and the file is there (3MB in size).

pointing tvheadend to channels.xml doesn't enable the grabber :( (tvh 4.2)

any ideas about implementing the media_build drivers (latest ones)? or are they already in?

i think my T230 will work on your builds if this is in.

with CvH build - the device looks like it's going to work (on x86 and pi3) but get insane continuity errors, when enable the media_build drivers button, it works.
    with your build i get the continuity errors, so i assume it just needs the latest media_build drivers installing?