Posts by puked

I see quite a lot of these fishy ebay articles on ebay.de; they will have S905 or S905X as part of the name or heading, but will list the correct processor in the small print at the end of the listing. Mostly it is RK3229 boxes that are "SEO-ed" with the S905 tag. Some of these "enhanced" listings are harder to spot than others, and I can understand that an unaware buyer might easily be fooled.

I had one of these boxes here - but in that case the seller even stated in the description that it is indeed an amlogic S905. Well - it wasn`t.

It won`t let you install any app from the playstore to confirm your doubts, nor can any information about the internals be found anywhere.

Fraud, if you ask me.

Had to sideload aida to confirm it`s a rockchip box.

This wont work if you need a card to descramble, I guess.
    If you don`t, there is no need for oscam. Oscam is only needed, if you have a CS Server running (oscam/cccam or something like that) and want to descramble on your box.

I find tvheadend a pita to use :/ - it should work though...

Maybe there are better options to chose from. I tried several solutions and what works best for me is a small server running windows 10 with DVBViewer Recording Service.
    Descrambling on the server. Not expensive either. I bought a used fujitsu esprimo e900 (core I3) for under 100 € from ebay, a dual tuner card with CI (DVB S2 - but there are solutions for cable, too) - all together under 200 € for the hardware - and I use this thing for all my media now. Recorded TV Shows, music, movies, series, photos, etc.

I tried severeal linux distros with tvheadend, pvr, myth tv and whatnot... nothing worked good enough for me and/or was a serious pita to set up and use.

Hier gibt es die frequenzen:

DVB-T2 HD – Wikipedia

Neuen mux erstellen, netzwerk dvb t2, frequenz mit 6 nullen hintendran eintragen (also z.B. für 538 MHz 538000000), im Feld direkt darunter 8 MHz einstellen, das Feld direkt darunter auf QUAM/AUTO, von IDLE noch auf PENDING, dann create.

Sind nur ein paar muxes, die du von Hand einstellen musst. Wenn er nur wenige Sender findet, kann das an deinem Empfang liegen.
    Danach musst du die gefunden Services noch auswählen unter dem Reiter Services, dann "map selected" auswählen.

Das generelle Vorgehen ist z.B. hier ganz gut beschrieben:
    TVHeadend konfigurieren - minipctv.de

Hello,
    I have a question regarding live TV and external USB Tuners.

Currently I am using my Box (905x) to watch live TV via DVBViewer Plugin - utilizing a TV Server. That works really good.

kszaqs builds have drivers for external tuners, if I understand correctly?! I can`t find any information, which tuners are supported by these. Any hints, where to look?
    And is it possible to use an USB DVB-T2 Tuner and my DVBViewer TV Server together?! Use two PVR Clients simultaneously?
    DVB-T2 here in Germany uses HEVC H.265 here in Germany - that should work, no?!

Help appreciated :)

I bought my parents (almost eighty) two boxes for live tv. They now have a server under the roof and watch tv via kodi + dvbviewer plugin. It´s stable enough now.
    You should consider a third party remote - or even better - check if cec is working good with the remote they already have.
    The boxes often have problems powering up and down via remote - that would be a big problem. The good thing with cec is, your tv will power on the box, and shut it down when switched of.

The first few weeks my parents had trouble with this setup, and I still need to explain and help from time to time, but overall it works great. You have to put some thinking into the configuration, before giving it an elder person - what does he/she need, how do to configure the box that everything works as intended. And test it yourself for some days.

I guess that`s the same on all platforms. Very annoying indeed.

I use kodi for live tv.
    The backend is running dvbviewer. (TVheadend was a serious pita...)
    Works ok.

The problem occurs while watching recorded content.
    The Box (905x running .011 64bit) freezes instantly when I press skip or fast forward/backward.
    I can jump to any desired location of the recorded file via timeline - no problem there.
    I tried several recording settings in DVBViewer (*.ts/*mpg, without epg, pat/pmg...) to no avail.
    I think it`s a problem with kodi.

Anyone else with this problem? solutions?

Thank you

ok - couldn`t stop tinkering...

gc3e054b on nand, g5207357 on sd card
    got freezes on both.
    somehow gc3e054b started working from nand - didn`t change anything. g5207357 boots occasionally.

I tried it countless times, almost all the time since my last post. 40 minutes of constant rebooting, turning the thing off and on, rebooting from sd, rebooting from nand, rebooting with and without usb attached.
    This is so weird...
    gc3e054b booted ~60% of all tries, g5207357 10% at most. USB connected or not does not seem to make any difference, not if connected or not and neither which port.

one last edit before heading to bed:
    It doesn`t always hang at the same point. Sometimes the splash screen will stay forever, sometimes it hangs right after the splash screen with a blackscreen.