Posts by extremeaudio

Yup, thats what I meant. I dont mind that logo, I just wanted a custom pic in place of the LE one. That worked, thanks!

Btw would you know where to put in a boot parameter like quiet/ morequiet to hide the version info on the wallpaper at boot?

I used the custom image while I was booting from my SD card. But ever since I did an 'installtointernal' it has reverted back to the stock libreelec wallpaper. Anyway to reverse this?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Looks like the installtointernal does not copy all the files from system.

Hi, I'm rather new to compiling from source but it seems very interesting in terms of the customizations possible. I was able to download the packages from github and make a small mod, compile and have successful working update files. But I had very precise instructions about the mod to be performed.

So I looked around but could not get answers to some specific questions that I have in my mind:

1. How do I compile LE so that it installs an addon? Where do I place the addon? Any other files to modify?

2. How do I preset some files and settings, for eg. I want guisettings.xml to be custom and also lets say I want to set HDMI video output and HDMI audio output and not any other.

3. How do I try and install drivers, lets say for an unsupported wifi chip? And maybe remove for those I do not care about?

Appreciate any help!

Sometimes when LE starts, the screen goes blank for a second and then the main page reloads (kodi crashes and restarts?) Its not always, but I think it happens either after I disconnect power to the box (Amlogic 905X) or after I connect to another location. Previously I was running similar configuration on a generic build and it used to happen at that time also. If there is some rogue addon or configuration issue, please help me identify! Thanks in advance.

kodi crash log - kodi crash - Pastebin.com

kodi log (after restart) - kodi - Pastebin.com

On my current LE setup on my x86 machine I am booting from a thumb drive. I have created a new partition on the boot disk called 'downloads', and set my downloads to be saved on this completely new partition. The reason for this being, if I accidentally downloaded something too large to the storage partition and it ran out of space, after reboot I would be greeted with the stock confluence skin and not the skin I set. Apparently this used to happen because guisettings.xml has to be written to just before shutdown and there would be no space for this to happen. Is LE and this variant of the OS also susceptible to this issue? If yes, is there any way I can create the extra partition on the internal nand of the box I am using? In addition to the standard Libreelec and Libreelec_disk partitions ie. If I create the OS on a thumb drive or SD card, create the extra partition and then 'installtointernal', will it create the extra partition instead of just 2?

Hi, I was using a trusted old Intel mini pc to run kodi on using libreelec. Decided to switch to the cool and ultra small form factor Am Logic 905 platform, Libreelec 8 installed. Just having trouble running some old addons that ran smoothly on the old box. In this case, k media torrent. Can someone take a quick look as to what might be wrong?

Debug log here - log - Pastebin.com

PS, went through the banned addon list to make sure any kind of torrents are not under that category

There is no "file" with logo on other boxes, there's a dedicated partition with logo in custom Amlogic format. Try to look it up at Freaktab forum.

I have already 'installedtointernal' on my box so there is no android left anywhere and all the instructions on that forum inddicate android based fixes which involve booting to android. Anyway, how would the 'libreelec' logo end up residing on any of the android partitions?

I installed on an Odroid C2 and could successfully install a custom splash screen (LE splash, not KODI), but how does one do it for a 905x android tv box? Any instructions for custom splash for the same? Cant see anything that I can change in the 'libreelec' partition.

Also, the oem remote that came with the box seems to be working and powers on and off the box too. Is it safe to shut down the box this way without selecting 'Shutdown' in Kodi?