Posts by thoradia

thoradia, I'm kinda new to compiling, but I tried compiling rTorrent yesterday for the Rpi 2. I got this error:

Code
    CROSS COMPILE Badness: /usr/include in INCLUDEPATH: /usr/include/libxml2
    cc1: internal compiler error: in add_path, at incpath.c:462

Are you running into similar problems?

Thank you for your help!

To help you I would need to know what package you attempt to build and what version of LibreELEC you are using.

If you have forked thoradia/LibreELEC.tv, just submit a pull request of your current changes from your fork.

Looking forward to collaborating with you.

I do not know what services you are currently using, but I guess that these services and the add-ons use the same ports (therefore install either the services or the add-ons), and that these services store their respective configurations at specific locations (you will therefore probably have to re-configure the add-ons).

In latest releases transmission is not working anymore.

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.transmission/bin/transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.38: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What do you mean by latest releases?
    Add-ons for LibreELEC 9 are not available yet.
    Expect them in a fortnight.

Ok... now I can stop transmission service and I open settings.json...

I'm trying to edit "rcp-whitelist-enable: false" but seems it's not posible to save changes... even after stop and restart de service...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.

You are doing nothing wrong: the add-on uses the --allowed flag, to set allowed IP addresses from the add-on settings.
    I gather this sets rpc-whilelist-enabled to true.
    By default, allowed IP addresses are *.*.*.* (any address).

I thought the log would show whether a client tried to connect and why it fails to connect, but it does not.

Two questions:
    1. Are you trying to connect from within your network, or from outside your network?
    2. If you are connecting from outside your network, have you forwarded the web-ui port (9091)?

Hi, Thoradia!

Thank you very much for this great job! I'm totally newbie so just learning as fast as I can.

I've install Transmission in a s905X device (Leelbox MXQ Pro mini) libreelec 7.0.3 and is working!

I can connect from web browser writting web but I cannot connect from an android smartphone over Remote Transmission app. I've tried host 192.168.0.163 and port 9091 like I did in the past in other device but it doesn't work.

Can you help me?
    Thank you in advance.

I need your help to assess:
    1. check the log (journalctl -u service.transmission) for messages corresponding to your issue
    2. if appropriate adapt rpc-* entries in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.transmission/settings.json

I am using this build with great success on my Mini M8S-II 2G /8G Box. I am reluctant to move to LE 8 as there are a lot of bugs to be ironed out.
    Everything works great. Thanks a lot. I want to try deluge instead of transmission . I know thoradia has developed it. but it is only for LE8. Will it be possible for you to develop deluge as an addon for your above Build. Just a request. if it is too much effort , then forget it. I will be using 64 Bit for as long as you keep building them. Thank you in advance.

I did not manage to build Deluge for LE 7. If you want to try to build it from where left it, uncomment PKG_IS_ADDON in LibreELEC.tv/package.mk at thoradia-7.0 · thoradia/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub.