Posts by thoradia

No idea. Google it. Add a link here if you find one.

Has anybody successfully configure qbittorrent to use a proxy (socks5)? Is not working for me... Which one of the other clients supports a proxy?

On the other hand, could you guys share what is your configuration for torrenting anonymously? Are you running a VPN (proxy/VPN+proxy) on kodi start? Since qbittorrent service starts with the system boot, will there an elapse of time while the VPN connects that I will be exposed?

Using a socks5 proxy with qBittorrent and Deluge works fine.

What is the problem?

Hello guys, I'm kinda new to LibreElec. I have a small box (Mini M8S) that I want to use as a low power home media server attached to an external USB HDD. Tried Ubuntu for a while but couldn't get everything I wanted to work correctly. So now I'm giving a try to LibreElec and so far it's been better.

When I had Ubuntu, I had Sonarr and Transmission to download things automatically. Now in LibreElec I installed Sonarr addon and I tried rutorrent for the download client, both from thoradia repo. But I'm unable to setup rtorrent in Sonarr. I tried several paths for the RPC, ports... I tried to find a solution navigating through the config files but no luck so far. Can you tell me what I'm not doing correctly? At this point, after several hours trying to find information everywhere, I can have the solution right in front of me and I wouldn't realize.

Regards.

I leave this to a rTorrent jedi (but think it has already be mentioned/solved in this thread)

same issue with last medusa update. I have tried reinstall and issue persist.

Try the following:

- install the Locale add-on from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository

- Re-install the Medusa add-on

- Update Medusa

If this fixes the issue, I will add a dependency to Locale in Medusa

Thanks for replying. That was already turned on. On or off doesn't make any difference.

If I add a new connection in the Connection Manager, the IP and port are correct but what should be the default username/pw to connect? By default the web UI just accepts 'deluge' as a pw (no username) but this doesn't work, neither does using root/root pw. I'm baffled! :)

This might help you: UserGuide/ThinClient – Deluge

The configuration files are in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.deluge

Great work on this addon - thank you!

Is there a way of enabling access to Deluge from the Deluge desktop client instead of going via Deluge's web interface? When I try to add the libreelec deluge client to the connection manager in the desktop client it always displays a red status light and won't let me connect. The only way I can remotely connect is via the web port and then open the 'local' connection. I used to have it running when I had Deluge installed on my own Raspbian/Kodi install. I've since switched to LibreELEC for convenience.

Cheers.

In Deluge web ui, go to Preferences, select the Daemon Tab, select Allow Remote Connections

Thanks for the quick reply.

Should I not use rutorrent for direct connection to the internet even with a user name and password? Are there security or other concerns to avoid that?

No efforts were made to protect any add-on from direct connection as a server to the Internet.

I have no idea if exposing the user interface of any add-on to the Internet is safe.

When in doubt, abstain: hic sunt dracones.

Hi,

Thanks for the great add-ons!

I am using rTorrent and ruTorrent, and I am very happy with them.

Is there a way to have authentication (user name and password)/https support for ruTorrent web-interface? Without it connecting from a remote network would be open to everyone...

Hi hrox,

Thank you for the positive feedback.

To define a user/password append :/my_user:my_password to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.rutorrent/config/httpd.conf and restart rutorrent with systemctl restart service.rutorrent.

I might add this feature to a next iteration of rutorrent, but it is not one of my priorities.

You can find additional information about BusyBox httpd at BusyBox HTTP Daemon (httpd) [OpenWrt Wiki].

Be aware that any changes to httpd.conf configuration will be lost each time rutorrent is updated.

More importantly, the add-ons were not designed for direct connection to the Internet, especially not rtorrent/rutorrent.

I started this thread a year ago.
    I added FlexGet to celebrate.

Default configuration downloads a NASA video podcast to /storage/downloads.

To customize:

nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.flexget/config.yml

systemctl reload service.flexget

Thanks man...But how exactly I'm I supposed to do that? :/

Sorry, but I'm new to this kodi stuff.

Cheers,

M.

Unless you have changed the name of your libreelec device, the links in the port column of the wiki table will take you to the web user interface of the add-ons. Sickrage is reachable via port 8081, but has been dropped in favour of Medusa.