Posts by mrremo

Iridium Thanks for sharing your experiance with me.
    But as I wrote couple times befor, the buffering basically works great for other addon and for local streamed content over WLAN. No problem so far.
    Only the SRF Podcast addon doesn't cache data.

Maybe somebody can confirm that the SRF Podcast addon doesn't work as expected.

Your advancedsettings file is still a bit messy, try with this:

Thanks for your effort, but it's basically the same. I have intentionally not deleted the comments.
    You changed the amount of memory and changed the buffer mode to 1. Is that correct?
    I will give it a try on the weekend.

Quote from vitorp07

If you've put that into advancedsettings.xml it won't work, as that is an example of settings.

Your advancedsettings.xml file should look more like this(use your settings);

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>
        <cache>
            <memorysize>536870912</memorysize>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <readfactor>20.0</readfactor>
        </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

This is just the "cache" part of my advancedsettings.xml file. I have some more stuff in it. The code works for other addons but not for the SRF Podcast addon.

Here is the complete advancedsettings.xml:

Hello

I'm very often using the Addon SRF Podcast.
    Sometimes when the Wifi is not very stable then the buffer is running out of data.
    I modified the video cache as shown in the Kodi wiki How To.

I put the following code into the advancedsettings.xml:

Unfortunately it's not working with this addon. It works with other addons.

Hello

Is there a possibility to set the sleep timer by a command?
    I would like to start the timer by a script on boot (cronjob @reboot). But it should be still possible to edit/interupt the timer in the power menu on kodi gui.

Thanks.
    mrremo

Yesterday a team user tried the exact same way like explained in the wiki I linked you to. He doesn´t use a xorg.conf and it works perfectly for him So, either you made something wrong, or you have a very special case. I´ll be a bit busy today, so I can´t test myself. But I will do over the weekend and then migrate that how-to to our Wiki and let you know how far I got.

Thanks DaVu! I didn't use the xorg.conf at my first attempt. I tried the xorg.conf after two unsuccessful attempts with the custom EDID.
    I'm going to make a clean LE install at the weekend. If it's not working out of the box, I will try the create a custom EDID again.

I will post my results in here.

I followed all the step. The edid.cpio file is saved in /flash.

LibreELEC:/flash # ls -la
    total 210668
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 16384 Jan 1 1970 .
    drwxrwxr-x 15 root root 228 Jun 25 07:28 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 14 2015 EFI
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10711968 Jun 25 06:33 KERNEL
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 204787712 Jun 25 07:33 SYSTEM
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1000 Oct 19 19:48 edid.cpio
    -r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 122308 Oct 14 2015 ldlinux.c32
    -r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 69632 Oct 14 2015 ldlinux.sys
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 178 Oct 19 19:59 syslinux.cfg

Yes, I think there is no xorg.conf needed. I just tried this as a other possible solution.
    Did you found something in the log?