Stream Buffer

• Hello

I'm very often using the Addon SRF Podcast.
    Sometimes when the Wifi is not very stable then the buffer is running out of data.
    I modified the video cache as shown in the Kodi wiki How To.

I put the following code into the advancedsettings.xml:

Unfortunately it's not working with this addon. It works with other addons.

• I put the following code into the advancedsettings.xml:

If you've put that into advancedsettings.xml it won't work, as that is an example of settings.

Your advancedsettings.xml file should look more like this(use your settings);

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>
        <cache>
            <memorysize>536870912</memorysize>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <readfactor>20.0</readfactor>
        </cache>
    </advancedsettings>
  • Quote from vitorp07

If you've put that into advancedsettings.xml it won't work, as that is an example of settings.

Your advancedsettings.xml file should look more like this(use your settings);

XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <advancedsettings>
        <cache>
            <memorysize>536870912</memorysize>
            <buffermode>1</buffermode>
            <readfactor>20.0</readfactor>
        </cache>
    </advancedsettings>

This is just the "cache" part of my advancedsettings.xml file. I have some more stuff in it. The code works for other addons but not for the SRF Podcast addon.

Here is the complete advancedsettings.xml:

Edited once, last by mrremo (April 20, 2017 at 7:07 AM).

• Here is the complete advancedsettings.xml:

Your advancedsettings file is still a bit messy, try with this:

• Your advancedsettings file is still a bit messy, try with this:

Thanks for your effort, but it's basically the same. I have intentionally not deleted the comments.
    You changed the amount of memory and changed the buffer mode to 1. Is that correct?
    I will give it a try on the weekend.

• I have a feeling you are attempting a "shotgun" approach to changing parameters. Change ONE thing at a time and see if it makes a difference.

If your WIFI is temperamental, then no amount of buffering is going to help - sort your WIFI out first or switch to ethernet.

• vitorp07 I've tried you code. It make no difference.

Iridium Thanks for your comment. But to increase the buffer works great with all other video stream addons which i use, except SRF Podcast.

I don't know what your setup is but I have a Cubox-i4 with 2GB ram and find that a 500MB memorysize and 20 readfactor works Ok. Anything more and LE tends to crash.
    So try 25% of your total free memory as a maximum. If that doesn't work, then back to the drawing board.

I found that playing files over my local wifi network at 300Mbps was not enough. I gave up and bought a 1Gb powerline and all my troubles went away.

• Iridium Thanks for sharing your experiance with me.
    But as I wrote couple times befor, the buffering basically works great for other addon and for local streamed content over WLAN. No problem so far.
    Only the SRF Podcast addon doesn't cache data.

Maybe somebody can confirm that the SRF Podcast addon doesn't work as expected.