Posts by avirex

just tried the file using 8.2.0.1 and LE9, it's a hit or miss, sometimes it stutters but sometimes not. so not sure if it's specific on that encode.

i always watch movies with subtitles on and doesn't encounter the stutters at all. 95% of the files are 1080p scene rips with external .srt. All have the standard 23.96.

You may be not so sensitive to that problem. I assure you it's there and it's not specific to that encode I've linked.

Sometimes it stutters but sometimes not doesn't make much sense for me.

It can also be reproduced on other Kodi platforms (RPi, Windows). I tried to fix it but I have no skills, sorry.

And yet the Kodi developer wrote just recently that he couldn't reproduce it and has the opinion that the bug is specific to kszaq's git branch ?(

Seems there is still a communication problem here. Is there anything we can do here to support you guys ???

I can't belive I have to sell the box I've just bought as I can't watch dropped frames ;(

wrxtasy edit: Solved !

See Post #207 (click)

Hello !

Playing videos with subtitles enabled causing dropped frames.

Please check the sample and Debug Log I've uploaded.

I was using Libreelec [8.90.4] on a Minix U9 ( S912 ) but it's important to note that the bug can be reproduced on Krypton too using build 8.2.0.1 (2017-10-28) from kszaq.

I've also reported this bug in the official Kodi forums yesturday and it's already closed with the following comments from peak3d :

• I tested the sample movie with subtitles visible on odroid-C2.

For this test I added the drop:0/1 log item to RenderUpdate log line.

I played the movie 3 times (latest kodi master) without any drop, but on a 60hz monitor (no 23.9 capabable device available.

• From debug log it seems to be kszaq's LE build wich is modified regarding AML video pipeline in many places. Because of this I suggest that you place the issue in LE forum / or directly in kszaq's git branch.

I hope you guys can look into it as it's obvious that team Kodi won't / can't help here.

I imagine 99,9% of the developers don't watch movies / tvshows with subtitles but I'm sure there are a whole lot of people who do so please dear developers try to fix this as it's nothing more annoying as watching something with dropped frames ^^

Thanks

Help ! I've booted from internal today for checking something in the android version of Kodi and while doing that android updated itself and since then it won't boot LE from the USB pendrive I've used until now. It boots straight to android.

I'm using a Minix U9.

What to do folks ?

There is only one bad thing I've came across so far. Subtitles causing frame droppings. I know It's not Amlogic specific and as I've read the bug was already reported. The conclusion was here that the Kodi developers don't really care anymore about v17 and AFAIK the bug was fixed in v18.

I would like to add here as well that v18 pre-alpha ( build from afl1) has still the bug with the frame droppings caused by subtitles.

So it was definitely not yet fixed as some stated earlier.

Either you need to amend remote.conf

or try the official Kore, the Official Remote for Kodi, for example... :)

Thx mate Kore did work so I could test the one thing I was really hoped to be fixed in Leia.

Unfortunately subtitles still cause a few hiccups, frame drops on my Minix U9:cry:

But I bet this occurs on other hardware as well. I don't understand this bug can exist for so long.

There are bug reports from early this year or so. I guess the Kodi developers don't watch videos with subtitles.

Sad because I imagine for a lot a people this means a dealbreaker.

There you are sir. I've created a debug log.

And for some reason the screenshot I've made using the keyboard looks like this so I had to make one with my phone. I hope it helps.

Also I don't know why but I'm not able to enable the OSD. I tought it's because of my remotes but it didn't work even with the keyboard. It should have been working when hitting Enter.

Please state if you need more logs.

Just tested the build on my Minix U9 and I can say that after starting a movie ( most of the times ) there are two black circles with numbers in it ( I think It's the progress indicator ) on top of the video. They don't vanish even if you jump forward.

I would have gladly take a screenshot but both the MCE Remote and the LG Oled 55C7 Remote I'm using are only working very limited and I really don't feel like creating a conf from scratch.

Hey afl1 I've just installed your build posted right above my post to my Minix U9 S912 and I really would like to test it but I can't get the remote working while playing a video. Navigating in the menu is working.

I've put the remote.conf posted in the beginning at this thread in /storage/.config/ but that didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

P.s. I'm using the device tree found in kszaq's 8.2.0.1 thread.

Hey kszaq thanks for your hard work you really created something very usefull for this community.

I've a Minix U9 and so far I'm pretty imperressed. This thing really plays everything I throw at it and the auto resolution and refresh rate switching feature is something that is essential IMO for a player so I'm really happy alltogether.

There is only one bad thing I've came across so far. Subtitles causing frame droppings. I know It's not Amlogic specific and as I've read the bug was already reported. The conclusion was here that the Kodi developers don't really care anymore about v17 and AFAIK the bug was fixed in v18.

Any plans for an upgrade to Leia for the S912 that includes your commits with the auto switching feature ?