Posts by afl1

This thread was merged to [8.90.x] LibreELEC 9.0 Alpha for S905/S912/LePotato

Sorry for version confusion, but we started in adamg thread with 8.90.0 and 8.90.0 is next version for the last version 8.90.11a from this thread.

LibreELEC 9.x for Amlogic S912 devices.

WARNING:

Amlogic has not released fbdev Mali libraries and has no plans to release them. These builds use libhybris and Android gralloc Mali driver to provide OpenGL for Kodi - this is an experimental approach with CPU overhead - this means suboptimal GPU performance.

If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!

Issues:

• resolution switching - only 1920x1080 and 4K is working (frame rate switching works)

Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device

Important notes:

• These are unofficial, community supported builds so please post all bugs/issues in this forum area only.
    • These builds are highly experimental and based upon the LibreELEC master branch and as such should never be considered stable.
    • These builds correspond to GDPR-2 LibreELEC 9.x for S905/S905X.
    • Bugs? Read this first: [READ FIRST] Reporting bugs
    • if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)
    • I'd like to thank kszaq as without his work then none of this would be possible, device support for this build is based upon his 8.2 branch!
    • I'd like to thank johngalt for lots of work on improving Nougat kernel to a very usable state!
    • I'd also like to thank Raybuntu and the whole of the LE team.

Note on downloads:

• If you experience freezing then downgrade to kszaq's 8.2 -temp_sensor_disabled version
    • If upgrading from 8.0 builds remember to update the device tree!

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute script installtointernal
      3. Confirm installation and for question "Do you want to copy your user data to internal data partition? [Y/n] " answer "no".
      4. Box will boot from internal, remove SD/USB.

Known issues and important notes:

• SAMBA/SMB/Shared folder issues? Read this blog post first
    • RGB mode doesn't work
    • Supported internal WiFi chips: Broadcom (all), Realtek (all) and Qualcomm QCA9377. Other chips, e.g. 9082xs, SSV6051 are not supported because there is no driver source code available.
    • 4K support is experimental.
    • 3D and HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.
    • CEC might not work when your box has incompatible u-boot or your TV is not that well supported by Amlogic low-level CEC driver.
    • External DVB tuner support via DVB driver addons by CvH. Supports CrazyCat and Hauppauge media builds and default kernel DVB drivers. To use this addons you have to install from LE repository->Program addons: LE driver module. For usage watch video how it works.
    • Subtitles rendering is to slow, it can cause frame skipping.

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.11a.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.11a.tar

Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading.

SD card .img is without dbt.img , put the proper device tree blob on SD card and rename it to dbt.img.

Device trees: here

Source code: here

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g7b1ff23;

- libbluray 1.0.2;

Older builds

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.10-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.10-K.tar

Choose .img.gz file for burning to a new usb drive or SD card and choose .tar if you are upgrading.

SD card .img is prepared for KIII Pro, for other devices replace dbt.img and add remote.conf on SD card.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 gd65022a;

- improved a/v syncing for live tv and timeshift;

- re-added output_rgb parameter to force RGB mode

- CrazyCat driver addon: added support for Geniatech eyeTv T2 lite

Downloads:
    LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.9-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.9-K.tar

SD card .img is prepared for KIII Pro, for other devices replace dbt.img and add remote.conf on SD card.

Release Notes:

Added DVB driver addons by CvH. Supports CrazyCat and Hauppauge media builds and default kernel DVB drivers. To use this addons you have to install from LE repository->Program addons: LE driver module. For usage watch video how it works.

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.8-1-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.8-1-K.tar

Release Notes:

- fixed disk volume label issue;

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 gf795ce2;

- improved rendering timing;

- the latest libhybris with Nougat modules;

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.7-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.7-K.tar

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g1e9d6ba;

- improved rendering timing;

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.6-K.tar

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g4a53be5;

- pvr.hts 4.2.7: fixed predictive tuning;

- hw decoding tuning;

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.5-K.tar

Release Notes:
    - Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g4a53be5;

- Samba 4.7.3;

- fixed 4K output, stable for fps <=30, for high fps is decimated to half;

- improved seeking for movie playback;

- improved liveTV stability;

- more stable timeshift;

- fixed overlay audio codec info;

- bugs fixes;

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.4-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.4-K.tar

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g203b86f;

- improved liveTV stability;

- more stable timeshift;

- Samba 4.7.2;

- TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.43-637.zip;

- update TVH from LE repository to version 4.3;

Downloads:

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.3-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.3-K.tar

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g203b86f;

- pvr.hts, pvr.iptvsimple and pvr.vuplus are preinstalled;

- TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.43-628.zip;

Hey afl1 I've just installed your build posted right above my post to my Minix U9 S912 and I really would like to test it but I can't get the remote working while playing a video. Navigating in the menu is working.

I've put the remote.conf posted in the beginning at this thread in /storage/.config/ but that didn't help.

Any ideas how to fix it ?

P.s. I'm using the device tree found in kszaq's 8.2.0.1 thread.

remote.conf in #1 is for KIII Pro. Read sticky thead [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 , part about remote.conf.

I'm on 1.0.5 (I think this holds also for afl1 8.90 build) and Kodi crashes when I do the following:

Play LiveTV via TVHeadend, open a video addon like Youtube and play a random video. Screen gets black, box freezes, kodi restarts after about 2 minutes.

Crash logs via PM.

I know about this issue. It is common for hw decoded video (AMLCodec). You have to stop playback and then you can start new one.

Your report is for nothing without log and sample. BTW who is using mp3 for h264 video dabbing ? He muss be really dilettante.

Thanks for the feedback afl1 . Unfortunately, your KI_Plus_dtb does not help with my remote control problem. Can I somehow debug anything?

usb-devices is showing my remote, seems obvious because some buttons work.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:

It look like you have wrong remote.conf. Try clean install of my image on new SD card and then replace dtb.img. I did same test on my KI Plus and RC was working.

hi.adamg.

when I plug my tbs 5520 se in tvbox,Libreelec recognize it,but there is an error ,here is dmesg

I copy the file dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5521.fw to /lib/firmware,Libreelec success load the driver,but once I reboot Libreelec,the firmware is disappear.What should I do?

You can't add additional fw. New firmware have to be added at building image. In my next build I'll include this firmware. I also created PR in LibreELEC to add this fw to all builds.

• The remote+ probox airmouse does not work anymore (reported to you already - you told me check remote.conf)
    • Starting my KI Plus without the TV on, I get a distorted screen (reported to you already - you told me bootloader issue)
    • Live TV starts beeing unstable after 2 hours, showing micro freezes every 10 seconds
    • The refreshing frequency seems to jump between 50/60Hz randomly (TV screen does not fit after reboot/playing video from addons...)

I stopped using the GDPR-2 build for now because everything works fine in 8.2.

The distorted screen problem does not occour anymore for afl1 build. The other bugs I can not really test without a working remote. I'm wondering if I'm the only one facing problems with the remote under 9.0 builds.

I hope no one gets me wrong here, I'm happy for all your efforts. Without the Libreelec builds the Amlogic devices would receive far less attention.

Thank for report. Booting issue you can fix by setting environment variable hdmimode:

Code
      fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p60hz

In kszaq repository is wrong dtb.img for KI Plus. Use KI_Plus_dtb.zip to fix RC issue.

LibreELEC 9 beta version for KIII Pro based on GDPR-2 LE 1.0.4.1

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.2-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.2-K.tar

You can use it for other S912 devices. You need only replace dbt.img and add /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g055f6ee;

- TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.43-628.zip;

- Samba 4.7.1;

- fix for audio stall detection

Sources: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.90.2

LibreELEC 9 beta version for KI Pro based on GDPR-2 LE 1.0.4.1

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2-K.tar

You can use it for other S905/S905X devices and WeTeK Play2. You need only replace dbt.img and add /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 g055f6ee;

-TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.33-607.zip;

- fixes for smooth hi-bitrate playback (jellyfish-200Mbps);

- chapter skipping fix;

- fixes for wrongly reported fps;

- aspect ratio16:9 is preferred for start playback SD live TV;

- Samba 4.7.1;

- fix for audio stall detection

Sources: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.90.2

P.S.

In kszaq repository is wrong dtb.img for KI Plus. Use KI_Plus_dtb.zip

afl1 today mecool release a new version of kII PRO also with S905D do you know something about it?

thanks

It looks they replaced only processor, all other specifications is unchanged. Now only difference between KII Pro and KI Pro is in speed of wired ethernet. KI Pro has 1G and KII Pro only 100M. I don't understand reason to release new version. On Gearbest KI Pro is cheaper.

LibreELEC 9 beta version for KIII Pro based on GDPR-2 LE 1.0.4.1

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.1-K.img.gz

LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.90.1-K.tar

You can use it for other S912 devices. You need only replace dbt.img and add /storage/.config/remote.conf.

Release Notes:

- Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1;

-TVH from repository doesn't work. You have to install service.tvheadend42-9.0.33-607.zip;

- fixes for smooth hi-bitrate playback (jellyfish-200Mbps);

- chapter skipping fix;

- fixes for wrongly reported fps;

- aspect ratio16:9 is preferred for start playback SD live TV;

Sources: GitHub - afl1/LibreELEC.tv at 8.90.1