Posts by mattIV

Linux is not Android (thankfully) and the answer given in post #2 is still the correct answer

When contrast and brightness are displayed correctly on everything except the device running LibreElec then the solution needs to come from LibreElec. It's pointless trying to correct anything else.

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with a 2TB SSD drive and a SDHC card. I have a setup where I can boot from the SSD (without SDHC card) directly into Libreelec which accesses the media content on that same SSD drive without any problems.

However I also have a separate SDHC card with the same version of Libreelec which I use for testing and for if I have any problems booting the SSD. Whichever I use they both access the media/storage content that is based on the SSD drive. I just have one little issue accessing the media content when booting from the SDHC. The only way I can currently get it to see the media content is by using Samba which means using the IP address assigned to the Pi 4. This is ok unless I move the Pi 4 to a different location were it uses a different IP address. I was wondering if there was a way Libreelec could access the media content on the SSD when booting from the SDHC without having to use an IP address.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

1st question: Does VNC server support 4K ? Not sure myself.

2nd question: why is there the need for NVC? Some things are better done "under water" via a SSH backdoor or via JSON/API calls.

Thanks for your message.

Re 1st question. I don't know if VNC supports 4K but if not perhaps there's a way for VNC to connect to the second screen (nothing is plugged into it) or a virtual screen and have that running at 1080P.

Re 2nd question. I use VNC to manually update the library after adding new content and to check it has named everything correctly.

Matt.

Hello.

I'm using Libreelec v9.2.6 on a Raspberry Pi 4. The settings in Libreelec correctly recognises that it's a 4K TV and set a 4K resolution (in system/display). Media plays fine on it

The problem is when I try to connect to it from VNC the VNC window appears to accept the connection but it just displays a black screen. I noticed that when I change the Libreelec resolution (again in system/display) and reboot the Pi the next VNC connection attempt works fine.

I wondered if there was a way I could connect via VNC to Libreelec while Libreelec is set to display at 4K.

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

Matt