Accessing media on second drive

• Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4 with a 2TB SSD drive and a SDHC card. I have a setup where I can boot from the SSD (without SDHC card) directly into Libreelec which accesses the media content on that same SSD drive without any problems.

However I also have a separate SDHC card with the same version of Libreelec which I use for testing and for if I have any problems booting the SSD. Whichever I use they both access the media/storage content that is based on the SSD drive. I just have one little issue accessing the media content when booting from the SDHC. The only way I can currently get it to see the media content is by using Samba which means using the IP address assigned to the Pi 4. This is ok unless I move the Pi 4 to a different location were it uses a different IP address. I was wondering if there was a way Libreelec could access the media content on the SSD when booting from the SDHC without having to use an IP address.

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

• Best Answer
    • Official Post

The EXT4 filesystem and content of the SSD should be auto mounted by the kernel and visible under /var/media/<name/UUID of SSD> ?

• The EXT4 filesystem and content of the SSD should be auto mounted by the kernel and visible under /var/media/<name/UUID of SSD> ?

Thanks for your message. I'll look there the next time I get chance to check it.

Regards,

Matt.