Posts by Grarea

Thanks for your feedback.

My personal vision is that once the normal LibreELEC Setup Wizard executes its current final step, the user will be asked if they want to configure a PVR. If they answer ‘Yes’, this script will be run.

Before this can occur, I think that much more testing against a wide range of different systems will be required to prove its resiliency and stability. This could take some time.

At the very least, it would nice to add it to the LibreELEC repository for easier installation, however, it is still very early days.

Wow, that sounds perfect. Good luck. Let me know if i can join in the testing any more for you.

I'm glad to hear that you got your system up and running.

Thanks for doing the testing.

Did you find the steps easy to follow and logical?

Did it give you sufficient feedback as it ran?

As a positive, I don't really recall. Which must mean it gave me enough feedback etc.
    It ran really fast, I was surprised.
    There was a little pause at the beginning where you sort of have to look at it to work out what to actually do, then it just runs itself.
    I was pretty darn impressed. Thanks for doing it. It really helped me out with my limited knowledge.

Out of curiosity, how are you looking to implement it? Do you just make it available to people when they ask?
    Although, I imagine it is something people will do guides on. What level of noob are you looking to make it available for?
    I knew how to navigate to the usb stick I used. But I suspect that might need explaining somewhere with it for complete noobs?

Brilliant, thanks loads for that. That's the sort of thing I have been searching for.

Thats interesting. I had very few issues with mine.

It stopped for a bit last year, but the advice was to do nothing. I managed that. Other than that it has been great a for a few years.

I can see why I have been suggested to look up my old version.

Thanks, that does help my understanding.

Check your mux list for duplicate muxes. Chances are if you used that woefully outdated predefined mux table and used the scan setting “new and changed muxes” the scan results will yield duplicate muxes. You can of course skip using the predefined mux table, manually enter the mux details of one known active mux and the remaining active muxes should appear.

The magic tvh wizard has set things up perfectly from what I can tell from a quick test.
    Next little job. Youtube.
    Edit:
    I did another search and found this, I didn't do anything about APIs this time round.
    Should I follow this?:

How to Install & Setup YouTube Kodi Addon (2024)
    Today I will show you how to install the YouTube Kodi addon. Most of the guide is straightforward, but some steps can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re…
    www.firesticktricks.com

This is great. It worked first time, no problems at all.
    It did a much better job than I did, thanks.
    Before I was getting duplicates in the guide and both tuners were recording the same thing.
    I have only had a quick play, I will let you know if I come across anything obvious.

I don't know how to do a lot to test things. I went via SSH to check a drive I have added.
    I went in via browser and changed the recording path. I have two tuners and tried recording two different things.
    All of the above seemed to work seamlessly.

Is there anything else you would like me to test?

Thanks for this. I suspect it is just me.
    Yes, I have kept my pi with its microsd in case I mess up :)
    I installed the Youtube add on through LE. I shall try and look at this tomorrow afternoon.
    I thik I am probably just missing a step somewhere, I am pretty sure last time I followed a guide, but I can't find what I am meant to do now. I have sen APIs mentioned, and all I have done is install YT, try to sign in, it states you need to do it twice, but that makes me think I have missed another sign in?

The first time I updated to 4.3, I got the guide running, but with double everything.
    I suspect I have just got something wrong with the muxes or the network bit.
    I am using two xbox tuners via a terrestrial aerial, so, freeview in the UK. I believe this is DVB-T from what I followed. I don't really know what they are, and am happy to be corrected obviously.

Initially I could browser into my LE box, I did it a few times over the last week or so, but then when I rebooted last time, I couldn't get into my guide and also this time couldn't use the browser access, I rebooted again and the same thing happened. However, I could SSH into it.
    So, when things kept changing, I came on here to ask for help. I clearly am not able to get it right on my own and I wasn't even sure which version of tvh to use. At least that is straightened out, thanks.

I have reset to defaults now within LE and started again, I tried again last night but couldn't browser in to it still.
    I will try and make more time Thursday pm to have another go.

Cheers.

Edit:
    Turns out I can now browser into tvh again. I am pretty sure I have done nothing different. I just switched it on.

I would love a go at a wizard. I can be your 'see if even a noob can manage it' ?
    I have set it up before, but it was years ago and I have done a fresh install and seem to keep finding problems.
    I don't really know what I am doing.
    I have a CM4 on a waveshare board, PoE, two xbox tuners, OS on emmc, recording to usb ssd. In the UK.
    What shall I actually do?
    I will try and put aside some time Thursday afternoon.

I am struggling to find the right advice over a few days of searching. I think most of the advice is old that I find.
    I can't seem to find any guides like I did last time and I seem to be getting things wrong.
    I have been using LE for a few years on a Pi4 with TVHeadend 4.2. Using two XBox tuners.
    I was aware that my version was old and could do with an upgrade, but I had a few things I wanted to do as well.
    I am still using the same two tuners but have moved to a CM4 on a Waveshare carrier board so that I can store LE on EMMC and Recordings on SSD and also go PoE.

I am now a bit confused. I set up initially as TVH 4.2 as I thought it was more stable.
    I was having trouble with a couple of things:
    a) The TV guide is showing duplicate channels (two of everything) and when I record things it records two versions.
    b) I couldn't log in to youtube anymore. I am struggling to find how to do it this time round. I get to the bit where I go to google.com/devices and that states that it was successful, but then I still can't access it on LE.
    So, because of these issues, when I was reading stuff, it looked like some advice was to try TvH 4.3. I did this, got sorted so that TV was working, but still had the duplicate issue and also the YT issue. It is the same. So, I have ruled that out.

I suspected I was just getting settings wrong in TvH and missing a stage with YT, but I just can't find the answers with searching.

Now, when I startup, I get no channels, when I was getting before and I can't access TvH to configure from a browser either.

I am a bit lost as to whether I have got one or many things wrong, I can't work out where to start now.
    Please could I get a pointer as where to start?
    Thanks.

Should I revert to TVH 4.2?
    Is there a recent guide to help a noob set up TvH 4.3?
    Is there a guide somewhere setting YT up on LE?
    Is there a guide to setting up two tuners on TVH?

I am running LE on a pi4.
    Have been doing so for a few years.

I recently had some issues, mostly with iplayer and youtube.
    The youtube issue just suddenly went away after a week or so.

The iplayer one has been going on a bit longer. A couple of weeks, maybe three.

I asked and searched and couldn't find anyone else having issues.

What is happening is that some folders don't seem to exist when you click on them.
    Or rather, perhaps, they are empty or the link takes you nowhere and you are looking at the same screen.

Such as 'most popular' comedy' 'film' etc. I also had a couple of folder links in favourites, when I go to them, they also don't appear to have anything in them.

However, if I go to 'programme list', at the top are folders with different series in, they appear empty.
    If I go further down to individual programmes, I can play those.

Any pointers or advice would be appreciated, thank you.

OK, thanks.
    I didn't have time to look into anything yet, but everything apart from iplayer is working again now.

So, thanks to whoever did the stuff in the background.

Time to look into iplayer.
    I can seem not to be able to open folders, but can play individual programmes if I am able to navigate to them.

Interesting, mine was ok over the weekend and yesterday (monday).
    It no longer works today (Tuesday).
    I am in the UK.

Luckily I am technical enough to follow the suggested advice.
    which is to do nothing :)

Time to search why my iplayer add-on isn't working either.
    I suspect the same advice might relevant.
    Thanks for posting this. Save me mucking things up by trying to sort it out.

I was the same. Just started happening.
    Sounds like yours doesn't stop playing randomly as well?
    Might be an additional issue.

OK, it did it again.
    I did reboot it just before.
    Then it didn't connect so I disabled and eneabled TVHeadend (I couldn't remember which one it was but it worked eventually).
    This has heppened before when I reboot. which is rare.

http://ix.io/4g4h

Thanks.