Posts by elonesna

I wish I was wrong but I think LibreELEC arm devices cannot easily use a WireGuard server, in fact the LibreELEC.wiki doesn't even mention it. Conversely x86_64 devices running LibreELEC can run the excellent WireGuard server service with docker linuxserver/wireguard.

If you cannot change your VPN server device then I recommend that you use ZeroTier through the docker zyclonite/zerotier service because it works very well both on x86_64 devices and on arm devices, there is no server here but a private VPN network where you can connect devices and establish simple rules of routing and egress to the internet.

Use any storage mount you want. For many years I have used a hard drive connected to my router with VPN server functions because it allowed me to access it day and night at any time. Since I decided to launch a LibreELEC server with 24/7 functions of NAS server, backup server, surveillance storage server, TV server, VPN server, ... my storage mount is managed by LibreELEC.

I'm surprised no one answered you. LibreELEC includes a samba test connection service "/storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample" and another nfs "/storage/.config/system.d/nfs.mount.sample". Please, in your case this is what you should use.

Nov 09 04:26:20.700309 LE tvheadend[360]: TS: PRG-U/642MHz/Nova: AAC-LATM @ #274 Continuity counter error

Nov 09 04:26:27.350300 LE tvheadend[360]: tsfix: transport stream AAC-LATM, DTS discontinuity. DTS = 22256813, last = 22068651

You have a lot of transport stream AAC-LATM, DTS discontinuity and Continuity counter error, so trying with another version of TVH, another tuner, checking the antenna cable and connections... could be a good idea...

I have seen your log and it reminds me of the logs that occur during the IPTV broadcast of the free Pluto TV channels in tvheadend (I use version 4.3 of docker linuxserver/tvheadend for LE x86_64). Within this service I have installed, and absolutely updated, the ffmpeg, cvlc and streamlink players that I encapsulate through pipe for tvheadend. Well, with these players, the sound is often lost when discontinuities appear, that is, when ads are inserted or a new video clip starts in the stream (this does not happen when the stream is played from the VLC application on a PC ). Sound can be recovered by enabling and disabling the passthrough option within Kodi in LE, until the next discontinuity.

The only solution I've found is to use the docker proxy dnsforge/xteve processing the output to tvheadend with xteve's internal ffmpeg, and pipe this output with cvlc, only then does everything work fine except the loss of a few seconds of image and sound frames in the discontinuities. This solution has a problem: it cannot be applied to the case of live television from a tuner.

My suspicion is that it is a problem with tvheadend or Kodi's native player. The logs do not provide any clues.

If your Hauppauge HD PVR 2 is capable of recording to (1) a local network drive or (2) a USB hard drive that is also accessible from the local network, then yes, you could share that you're recording, with any device, it doesn't have to be LibreELEC, that can also access the same hard drive without using ffmpeg or programming anything.

What you cannot do is connect your Hauppauge HD PVR 2 to your LibreELEC device via USB and use the LibreELEC hard drive.

Although in the period 1990-2000 I dedicated ten years of my life developing applications for factories and industrial manufacturing processes, in 2019 I knew very little about Linux and since I was interested in satellite television I started with a TV Box S912 and the CoreELEC operating system. That was a discovery for me, I had finally found a very stable operating system, safe from the errors of desktop Linux operating systems, and also the discovery of docker virtual services, which allow services to be transferred from one machine or operating system, to another, without changing anything.

When in 2020 I decided to install a home server I had no doubts: it would be a cheap mini PC with the LibreELEC operating system. I am very grateful to CoreELEC and LibreELEC for being the tool that has allowed me to learn Linux.

I would not change LibreELEC for any other Linux x86 operating system. It is true that LE has many limitations but in return it offers you stability, my LE server has been on for 22 months, restarting automatically every day, without any problem, keeping backup copies of PCs and smartphones, managing our VPN remote access and cameras security, local and remote, saving our documents and our multimedia library and giving us impressive television services even when we are traveling.

As the development times for stable LibreELEC updates are long, I am preparing the alternative of replacing my LE server with an Ubuntu* server with updated media drivers, ssh and samba services, and docker services exported unchanged from LE; all this works now. Since this will be a server I'm thinking of replacing Kodi with a Windows remote desktop service. Obviously, I would never install a NAS server.

* An Ubuntu server also has bugs and errors, I have seen them in the docker service of the snap library, to solve this I always follow the installation recommendations of the software creator, and not the recommendations of third parties.

In short, stick with LibreELEC or create your own server.

Perhaps I am wrong in thinking that audio loss in live TV is associated with streaming errors, and not with the type of hardware. I have observed this on PlutoTV live IPTV TV streams where continuity errors are absolutely normal and predictable when inserting ads. I've tried to fix it by processing the stream inside tvheadend with ffmpeg, cvlc and streamlink (the best) pipes and while some work better than others I haven't totally solved this problem.

Checking the logs does not solve the problem, only video and audio discontinuity errors are observed, and sometimes the audio is lost or the video works stutters. When this happens, the solution that always works is to stop the playback of the TV channel and start it again, for the audio there is also the alternative of changing and resetting the passthrough switch, it seems as if the driver had been damaged, but I do not have the knowledge necessary to restart the drivers using linux commands.

I don't know of any player that knows how to handle discontinuity errors.

WireGuard connman for LE is not at all flexible, on VPN connections it requires static IP addresses and tunnels all communications to the VPN server.

How do I solve the problem when I want to do split routing?

With LE I think there is only one solution: use ZeroTier VPN networks (through docker services) instead of WireGuard, because they allow flexible routing.

On my CoreELEC devices I tend to use Entware WireGuard to not route all traffic to the VPN server, but this is not easy to do on LibreELEC.

I thought it was solved but no, after a reboot wireguard and tvheadend still don't work.

SOLVED!

The problem seems to be some kind of incompatibility in the contents of the 'custom-cont-init.d' and 'custom-services.d' directories in the new versions of the services released by 'linuxserver'. I use these directories to launch scripts before the tvheadend service starts: install 'streamlink', install 'cvlc' and set epg collectors, all of which are lost with each update of the docker image. My workaround is to do these operations manually on every update.

FINALLY:

I have automated the process by creating a directory 'autostart.d' added to the docker install command as

docker run -d \

-v /storage/.config/dockers/tvheadend/autostart.d:/custom-cont-init.d \

linuxserver/tvheadend

all scripts inside 'autostart.d' will be executed before starting the 'tvheadend' service. Now everything is compatible with the 'linuxserver' requirements.