Pi400 + NAS

• Hardware: Pi 400 System: Libreelec 10.0.2 TvHeadend 4.2.8-36 TvH addon 10.0.0.125

I have a NAS (Pi 4) which I use for software and video storage. It is accessible either via NFS or SMB. In the video folder, I have a "recordings" sub-folder, which I would like to use for off-air recordings.

I can playback files on the NAS without problem, but so far, I've failed miserably to find out how to record to it! I'm not sure if this is a Libreelec issue, or if it is Kodi or TVHeadend - or a combination of any of these.

Google has only found advice that is for older installations. I can make this work easily under Slackware/Kaffeine, but that results in file name corruption on HD recordings, hence trying Libreelec. The advice I've found seems horrendously complex, and I can't believe there isn't a simple solution.

Any pointers gratefully received! :)

--

Pete

• I'm surprised no one answered you. LibreELEC includes a samba test connection service "/storage/.config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample" and another nfs "/storage/.config/system.d/nfs.mount.sample". Please, in your case this is what you should use.

• First of all, apologies for the delayed reply! I've had family visiting, and having small grand-children running around is not conducive to concentration! ;)

Thanks for he pointers! I've managed to enable an NFS mount of my NAS drive, and I can playback the contents. What I haven't managed to do is record to the NAS drive.

I can see an option in TVHeadend to set the record directory, and I have pointed this to the NAS, but my recordings still appear in the recordings folder on the SD card!

Where is the option to re-direct recordings?

UPDATE: Looks like this is a permissions issue on my NAS. I can make Libreelec record into the top level folder, but not the recordings sub-folder. More research needed on my part...

Cheers,

--

Pete

Edited once, last by pchristy (October 26, 2022 at 5:41 PM).

• Final update!

All sorted now! It was a permissions issue on my NAS. Because it worked OK from my other computer (running Slackware), I thought it would be OK on Libreelec. However, Libreelec seems to use a different UID for the user from Slackware, which is what caused my confusion. This was aggravated by me creating the "Recordings" sub-folder from within Slackware, which only gave the prime user read/write privileges. As the prime user under Libreelec uses a different UID, it couldn't write to that folder, although it could write to the folder above!

I set the path to the "Recordings" folder in TVHeadend.

All now works fine!

Thanks to Elonesna for pointing me toward the sample scripts for mounting NFS shares, which got me on the road to success!

:)

--

Pete