Posts by Hansie

I've updated my builds, now for libreelec addons it points to the official one for rk3328 (thanks to d-rex ).

For my needs works fine (I've tried some emulators)

Thanks alot :)

still two issues (that I find) on my MXR4K box

I previously used your A8 build and everything worked, but with this new build, my wifi does not work anymore ?

I than tried your new build for the HK1 mini and than I have wifi :) (but im 100% sure I had wifi with your previous build for the A8)

the addons and dependencies now all install (on both A8 and HK1 build)

however when I try to show a lifestream with the Telenet Yello app, it just flashes half a second and stay's on the channel select page.

When I try to show a lifestream with the VTM GO app, same thing happens and it say's "error, see log for more info"

I am not that exprienced with logs, and I dont find a seperate log for VTM Go, but I do find this in the general libreelec LOG

Display Spoiler
    Code
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.493 T:2573304704   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                            Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.HTTPError'>                                            Error Contents: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web                                            Traceback (most recent call last):                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/plugin.py", line 18, in <module>                                                plugin.run(sys.argv)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 218, in run                                                routing.run(params)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 130, in run                                                self._dispatch(self.path)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 141, in _dispatch                                                view_func(**kwargs)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/plugin.py", line 51, in show_channels                                                Channels(kodi).show_channels()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/modules/channels.py", line 24, in __init__                                                self._vtm_go = VtmGo(self._kodi)                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgo.py", line 278, in __init__                                                self._authenticate()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgo.py", line 288, in _authenticate                                                token = self._auth.get_token()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgoauth.py", line 89, in get_token                                                self._token = self._login()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.vtm.go/resources/lib/vtmgo/vtmgoauth.py", line 130, in _login                                                response.raise_for_status()                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status                                                raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)                                            HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://login2.vtm.be/login/emailfirst/password?client_id=vtm-go-web                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.587 T:2628776832   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vtm.go/channels
    2020-10-02 11:09:35.619 T:3010580496   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vtm.go/channels) failed
    2020-10-02 11:09:54.148 T:3010580496   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I am 100% sure login credentials are correct (otherwise it would fail earlyer) and it all still works on the previous builds with Kodi 15.5

Any Idee what still might be causing this ??

Hans

pigwoz  Hansie

this is an unofficial port of libreelec (for now).

This would mean that there is no official libreelec addons repository for rk3228/rk3229.

I think that knaerzche builds works with some hack(maybe pointing another libreelec addons repository) that is not present in the source code.

I'll try to fix my builds.

Ah,

that is weird, because all other addons just work, (I can for instance just get (without adding repository's) the TV app for my country "VTM GO" , but when I try to install it , it only fails installing the inputsteam.adaptive addon :(

Is there any way I can get this addon in a zip file to install from a zip ? (same way I install the jellyfin addon repository from zip)

or manualy add the repository needed for the inputstream addon ?

Thank you,

Hans

Glad to know it was useful :D.

However I'll forgot to mention that I've only builted(and shared) knaerzche repo with latest commits. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Hi again,

I have run in to a problem with this build,

I am not able to install the inputstream.adaptive dependency on this build :(

To test I have build another SD card again with my previous build with Kodi 18.5 and there it will still install the inputstream.adaptive add-on.

Is there a way I can install this with a zip file ? or manualy add a repository ? or is there something missing in the build you have to fix and make a new build ??

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Hans

Hello all,

This is NOT realy a libreelec problem, but because you guys are always so helpfull and you probably are all using KODI and maybey a few of you use Jellyfin server (fork of Emby server)

I hope I get some help here. (I wasend sure to post here in support or just post it in off topic, if it needs to be moved, feel free to do so)

I have posted this a few day's ago in the Jellyfin forum, but I am not getting alot of activity over there :)

My post ;

Hello,

I would like some info about how this transcoding works, because I cant get it to do what I want and I think I am beeing a total noob :)

My situation,

I have a ex-android box now running Coreelec (Sadly my libreelec box is a Rockchip one and audio passthrough totaly does not work on that :( ) with Kodi 18.8 and running the Jellyfin Addon in Addon mode.

I have a Logitech Surround set (5.1) (Z-5450) with support for Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS , getting audio from the Kodi box via SPDIF (Coax)

Latest version Jellyfin is running directly on a Linux

Using latest Jellyfin for Kodi addon, and it is running in Add-on mode.

(if exact versions are needed ill look it up, I have everything shut down for the moment, but I checked for updates yesterday, its all the latest)

Passthrough is enabled and working on the Kodi box for AC3 and DTS, movies with this audio work fine, I get the Dolby Digital or DTS logo on my logitech speakers, all speakers work, I am happy, family members that are trying to sleep are not , so all is good :)

My problem,

Movies with AAC or PCM sound get send to my Logitech speakers as stereo (witch is to be expected since SPDIF over COAX only support 2 channel analog audio, when I set my Kodi box as 5.1 I miss half the sound, if I set as 2.0 I have all sound, but only from two speakers :(

I tought it would be easy to force transcoding of all audio (atleast all 5.1) to AC3 (or DTS if jellyfin can transcode to that ?) but I can not get it to work.

I am actualy not even sure if any of the transcode options in the DLNA profiles do anything , since I am not really using DLNA (I think because its in Add-on mode the Jellyfin addon in my Kodi ??)

but that is the only place I find options for it,

I added a profile with the name of my Kodi box and told it to ONLY give AC3 and transcode all AAC and PCM audio , but nothing happens, in the dashboard it always say’s direct stream, no transcoding is hapening.

Also forcing “transcode” in the Jellyfin addon in Kodi does nothing.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this ?

If there is any way to ALWAYS transcode ALL audio to AC3 or DTS than that is good for me also, because I ONLY play from my jellyfin server to this Kodi box over the local LAN.

So my main questions,

CAN the jellyfin server transcode audio to AC3 or DTS ??? (and if possible leave the video stream alone ?)

And HOW do I do that to a Jellyfin addon within Kodi ?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Hans

Glad to know it was useful :D.

However I'll forgot to mention that I've only builted(and shared) knaerzche repo with latest commits. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Hmm ?

dit knaerzche's build get updated ? because I was using his LE9.2 and that has KODI 18.5

and his LE9.80 I could never get to boot on my box (the one Spike build for me I could, but that had KODI Alpha 19)

or do you mean you updated the KODI to 18.8 in Knaezche's build ?

(sorry for beeing a noob , im learning, but eager to learn :) )

Hans

I just tested this on my MXR 4K box, (with RK3229 chip)

Only played with it 5 minutes, but looks like everything works out of the box :) (dit not copy any other device tree or anything, just wrote your file to SD card)

LAN, Wifi, Sound,

and what chocking is , even my remote works !!!!!! I spend a few day's with alot of help from user SpikeSP87 to get my remote to work on the standard build, and I gues you have the same remote :) :)

Build does have the same problem that even unmapped if I dare press the blue VOL+ button the box kills itself :)

(so thats defenatly a hardware issue between my box and kodi/libreelec)

Thank you for this build, I can now move this box from KODI 18.5 to 18.8

Hans

Hello,

I am trying to set up a MXR 4K box with a RK3229 chip,

I am running community build LE9.20 (Kodi 18.5)

I have a Logitech Z-5450 Speaker/amp set with Dolby Digital (AC3) and DTS support with SPDIF optical and Coax input

I also have a Samsung LCD (2011)

The problem is getting passthrough to work with my SPDIF (COAX) out.

In the audio devices I can select SPDIF and by doing so I can get stereo to work (because the Kodi transcode's the audio to PCM and with SPDIF coax that means I only get two channels (stereo)

The problem is that , at the passthrough options I can NOT select another device (greyed out) also , changing the Audio device itself does NOT change anything at passthrough.

When I enable passthrough now and use my Samsung LCD also to passthrough I can get Dolby Digital to work (goes from Kodi HDMI to my Samsung and than passthrough to the optical SPDIF from my logitech (say's Dolby Digital than)

I can sadly not use that methode for DTS because my samsung (like most TV's) wont passthrough DTS)

What could be the reason I can not select my SPDIF as an output device for passthrough ?

what would cause this to be greyed out ?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the libreelec install since my SPDIF works as normal output device, and passthrough is also working for HDMI, I just cant select any other output for passthrough :(

I am probably doing something stupid , so have fun pointing that out to me and help me out :) :) :)

thank you,

Hans

Some screenshots ;

I am the maintainer of the Repository for AmRemotes & Meson IR Remote Controllers. At the CoreELEC discourse forum I go by Betatester. The remote configuration you have created is a Meson_IR one and has been added to the Repository under Meson_IR/M/MXR. Thank you for your contribution.

Anyone is welcome to download the configuration files. The repository is unrestricted.

Thank you :)

If I make more ill also post them :)

Hello,

Aperantly we where working on the same problem at the same time :)

With alot of help from forum user SpikeSP87 , I was finaly able to create a working remote file for this box with libreelec.

(when I say create, I mean I just typed everything SpikeSP87 told me to type step by step :) :) )

It was alot harder than for my two other boxes that have AMlogic S905 chips.

My box and remote :

Put rc_maps.cfg in the /storage/.config folder

and put rem.txt in the /storage/.config/rc_keymaps folder

MXR4K remote.zip

reboot, and presto it works,

My box has one weird thing tho, even when not mapped to any command , when I press the blue VOL+ button my box just instantly completely shuts down :( , not even the normal "kodi shut down spinning circle first" it is just a hard power kill :(

I wonder if that is just my box or a problem with all these model boxes on libreelec ?

this is why the normal volume function in my file is mapped to the TV VOL- and TV VOL+ buttons, but you can remap this for your needs afcourse.

I hope it helps anyone,

Hans

P.S. is there a remote files depository somewhere for these rockchip boxes I can upload it to ?

I know the coreelec forum has something like that for the AMlogic boxes they use.

I told you to put the appropiate remote.conf file in the FAT partition, next to Kernel and SYSTEM files, not in the 'Storage' partition. You can do that simply without booting the system, inserting the SD card in some computer, and youl'll have something like that:

Try both remote.conf files without changing anything, don't loose anything by testing that...

Good luck.

I had also been trying that way (at this point tried alot of way's :) )

tried both, does not work, I still cant get my factory code to make one from scratch :(

ill try again with more files I find, if anyone has any extra tips on getting that damn factory code :)

thank you for all the help already,

Hans

You have a good tutorial here.

That is the tutorial I was following, but I can not seem to get the factory code :( I even copyd all the text I get after using "dmesg -c" to word to do a word search and nothing :(

Also I was copying the remote.conf file to a hidden folder /storage/.config like it say's in the tutorial, but you speak of putting it in root, so I have also tried putting it in /storage with SSH but same result it wont work, and I cant edit it since I am unable to get my factory code :(

EDIT:

I've compiled the mainline kernel branch by myself, and now it's booting the system correctly. Anyways, the wifi hasn't been recognized on my box. I have to do more testing, configure IR remote and see if it works, and more stuff.

When I try the 9.80 that are ready compiled I get a mount error on boot, any chanse you can give me a link to the 9.80 you compiled so I can try it ? mega upload or google drive link or somthing ?

would be much appreciated, I never compiled myself and I know if I start now I wont know what is wrong the image or my compile skillz :) :)

Thank you very much for your help already :)

Hans

The best way to do that, is putting the right remote.conf file in the root of the LIBREELEC partition. This always worked for me in LibreELEC or CoreELEC distros, and worked too with this compilation of LibreELEC.

Thank you for your answer,

I acutaly tought that the remote.conf methode stopped working since libreelec 9.0 ?? and that you now had to use the other methode ?

Do you maybey have a link for me to the correct way of currently making that remote.conf file ?

Also I am currently using this 9.20 build , I have tried the 9.80 build from this post also, but that dit not work (just stay's black,) ill give that 9.80 a extra try :)

EDIT : I have now been trying to get the remote.conf file methode to work,

but I dont get very far :(

I am unable to get my original remote.conf file (the android on that box is just crap :( )

I have put in a remote.conf that might work, but I can not get my factory code ?

when I use the dmesg -c command, the command works, but I never get anything about wrong factory code :(

any step by step guide for this noob is much appreciated :)

Thank you,

Hans

Hello,

For starters thanks for these working builds to put some use in my old android box :)

My question ;

Is there something special I need to do to get a custom keytable to work on these builds compared to the other libreelec releases for SMlogic chips ?

I have manualy configured a keytable to use on two of my boxes with a SMLogic S905 chip using community Libreelec 9.0.1 builds and that worked fine.

I now have a MXR4K box with a RK3229 chip in ,

I used your Libreelec9.20 build and got everything to work (including wifi :) ) thanks for that,

however the standard IR remote will not work.

When I follow the procedure I used on the boxes with the S905 chips everything seems to work I can get the button code's ,

but than at the part where I need to load the custom keytable by using a command :

Code
    ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

I simply get nothing (usualy it should say something like deleting keycode , loading xx codes, ... )

when I run

Code
    ir-keytable

I get this ;

Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event3) with:

Name: gpio_ir_recv

Driver: gpio_ir_recv, table: rc-rktvbox

lirc device: /dev/lirc0

Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon

Enabled protocols: lirc nec

bus: 25, vendor/product: 0001:0001, version: 0x0100

Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

Is there something else I need to do with the rockchip builds ??

Any help is much appreciated.

Hans