Posts by Bub4

have you ever checked tha SMART values of the drives?

If there are SMART values, you can go and check the total bytes written. There are plenty of calculators in the www.

In case wear-out is the problem, you might want to chose more reliable drives as chewitt recommended. Samsung PM series or even Evo Pro. I use Micron 5300/5400. Or any other brand where you have the option of overprovisioning. The internal processes of SSDs are made very different depending on the manufacturer. TRIM and garbage collection as well as re-copying data. You might know, that - other than HDDs - SSDs aren't able to rewrite data blocks. A SSDs always has to delete the block before it can be written. This causes write overhead which hurts the overall endurance. Some manufactures are handling this better then others....

However, this might not be the case on streamed data. The more you stream sequentially the better it is in terms of endurance.

What Kingston model do you use? Are there TBW or DWPD (drive writes per day) values available? Quite often the entry level drives don't even mention these values....

e.g. a 128GB drive has 0% overprovisioning - so no room for re-copying data

120GB has around 7% overprovisioning - some room for re-copying data and internal processes.

...the more OP the more reliable is the drive. The more often you write the NAND the earlier it gets weared-out

hope this helps

maybe the kingston drives stucks with internal processes at a certain point and unplugging the power does cause a reset... kind of wild without knowing the wear-out level, but it could be the reason

never use entry level drives for valuable data

Hi All,

is it possible to set the display resolution via script after booting?

I've set the Kodi GUI display resolution to 1080p and whiteflagged the 4k resolutions for playback.

For any weired reason the resolutions switches to 4k from time to time after booting.

This happened with my old J5005 as well as with the new NUC11. The Yamaha AVR might be the reason, but I couldn't locate the root cause so far.
    Just thought if a script could be the workaround.

Thank you !

sorry - just found this one:

BallerShotCaller
    August 16, 2021 at 12:10 PM

I will go and try this. Sorry for the hopefully unnecessary post :(

I saw 11.x was added in the generic downloads. Is LibreELEC-RR 11.x safe to upgrade to from 10.x? Any features that are added in that and features that might be buggy?

I did the Upgrade from regular LE10 to RR-11 today by restoring my backup (Generic version).

TVheadend works as well as Hyperion (without internal Grabber) and YouTube. I tested a SNES game and it worked great.

Currently RR-11 is running on an USB 3.0 stick. So giving it a try is easy hyertjt

Thank you so much SupervisedThinking !

Unfortunately my new NUC still did not ship (since last May :( ). Hope I get it anytime soon so I can switch to RR a 100%

<3

I'd buy a RPi 4 with 2GB of RAM. Also with regards to easily swap out the SD card to try out other things. I also got the Kodi RPi Case which is great ;) RPi offers maybe the best and cheapest access in the world of Linux. I am obviously talking from my personal experience, which might not be the most objective. I am 36 years old and I began playing around with Linux just because of RPi around 5 years ago. But it has so much potential for a 11 year old! He can play around with Pi-Hole, LibreELEC, RetroPie - I guess he will end up making your Home smart with Home Assistant :)

Hi Jocke.Sve

I recently migrated my x86 to RPi4 for testing purpose. I wrote a script to copy the data to the RPi

it looks like this:

I did select only the preferred addons. You can copy addon_data 1:1 to get all of your addons. It worked perfectly for TVheadend which I was most scared of to migrate. Not sure how complicated your LE setup is, but it might work for you as well.

I started the script and copied the data to a fresh LE10 installation. After the job is done restart your RPi and install the addons from the repositories. LE will take care that all missing dependencies get installed.

just tested the first HDR content on the RPi4 and I am impressed how good it actually runs. Sound via AVR and picture is outstanding to me. Also the washed out kodi menu colors are gone when starting the HDR10 content.

You devs are amazing!!👍🦊

TVheadend streams aren't great when having the menu resolution set to 4k.

Is it better in general to set the menu to 1080p with white flagged 4k resolutions?

Edit: could anyone give me a hint on how I can switch off the TV? After switching it off, it constantly goes back on when LibreELEC is up. Is this related to CEC?

Thank you for your answer Ramalama.

...even if it is not VERY encouraging 😋

Meanwhile I believe that the board has issues. I remember, that the Asus board before was working and could find Wifis and BT devices. View minutes ago I tried the Qualcomm out of this board once again in the ASrock and it has the exact same issues as the intel cards. But what makes me wondering most, is, that the pairing and function with RPi works flawlessly. I had RetroPi on the RPi 3b+ and LE10 on the Pi4. Every single time I tried to pair the 8BitDo's it was successful and I could configure&use them properly. Only the J5005 has issues.

Glad that the people here are so helpful!!

...but in case there is no solution, I do think about buying a prebuilt NUC. Guess this would last for at least 5 years and is "most" future proof in terms of development. What do you think SupervisedThinking  Ramalama? What I read about the performance, this unis should be sufficient for GC emulation and maybe some PS2 as well. I don't have the highest claims on +++resolution.

Hi Klojum today the new card arrived and I'd have loved to cheer you, but this card has the exact same behaviour on both, LE9.2.6 and LE10beta2.

LibreELEC (official): 9.2.6 (Generic.x86_64)

dmesg:

http://ix.io/3ixM

Code
    # lspci -knn | grep Net; rfkill list
    00:0c.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:31dc] (rev 03)
    -sh: rfkill: not found

Any ideas left? /shrug

Thank you for checking.

Hi All,

I am currently testing the nightly-20210424-5701db2 (RPi4.arm) with a new RPi4 2GB as I want to build a backup system to my x86 HTPC.

Haven't gone too deep, but it runs very smooth so far. TVheadend, Sound, Movie quality is really great.

Chapeau! to the devs!!

The RPi is hooked up via a Yamaha RX-A780 to a LG OLED55B7D.

What I could not fix, are the greyish / washout out colors in the menu and playback. I played around with the  hdmi_pixel_encoding=2 settings in config.txt, but this didn't help.

I did not change/try anything else with config.txt

The HDCP setting on the AVR is set to Auto, switching to 1.4 doesn't help either.

The greyish colors appear not matter what resolution is set in Kodi settings.

For x86 I had the same behaviour when switching the Kodi resolution from 1080p to 4k.

Would be glad, If someone could five me a hint.

Thank you

Edit

SORRY - I forgot to paste the Log: http://ix.io/3io1

it might be nothing for you, but I believe it is worth mentioning:

I use this for around 1,5 years and it is very good.

https://www.amazon.de/Andoer®-Tragbare-Drahtlose-Fernbedienung-Tastatursteuerung-Type-2/dp/B00WDSCTR4/ref=pd_sbs_3?pd_rd_w=wvnAL&pf_rd_p=b526a483-0a52-4786-8e91-738c7d31f168&pf_rd_r=M4J3FPE5DKM4RP3ND2GH&pd_rd_r=b22deb78-af94-4474-b04f-076efe1be19e&pd_rd_wg=vkGHS&pd_rd_i=B00WDSCTR4&psc=1

Paired with the Keymap Editor add-on, it is very versatile. The build quality is not obviously not like on a harmony, but it is okay.

Edit: the air mouse is also not the best on the planet but I don't need it quite often

Did you see/miss my post..? I have a feeling the J5005 only works properly with CNVi modules, as per the link I added.

I did see your post and I had the AC 9560 already on the cart, but then heitbaum replied so I waited.

...regret that I did not brought up this thread asking you before buying the AX200. But I didn't expect Bluetooth cards to be so sensitive...

will cheer you after it is working 👍🦊

thank you!!