Posts by Animejin

When i saw how the LE8 community build had BOTH kodi and retroarch. i wanted to test it on my cubox-i 4x4.

strangely enough, there was no imx6 build for it. so, i look up how make it. so i have the directory, ran the make image command with the correct parameters.

......until i get errors. i have a ~30MB log file documenting the whole process.

i'm running Ubuntu 16.04 headless on a 500GB duo-core tower with 4GB ram. Am i running out of RAM here?

the last time i tried this project was back in august. i have already tried the "Generic" build of LE8 on my laptop, and i still want it on my cubox.

so, as the title says..."what am i missing or doing wrong?"

I installed the youtube addon, and in order to do anything i have to be signed in.
    The problem is that when i "thought" i could use the web viewer to login:
    it keep showing form item as password-hidden, <- this is prevent me from sigining in....

it will not let me put in an email address...
    the workaround i found and used is this:
    First make sure that hidden files are shown (i think its under settings->apperances->file list)
    The two important places to locate and find are...
    /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

if you have windows and kodi (either the full or portable):
    %appdata%/Roaming/kodi (windows 8/10 location)
    or
    the portable_data folder

/addons/plugin.video.youtube
    /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

in this case use windows 8/10 kodi to sign in, and once I'm in, copy and overwrite the folders.
    the only bad thing about this, there is a time limit before I after to repeat these steps....

My problem is i should be able to do this from web viewer but cant, and when ssh'ing to attempt to install chroiumin,
    the system tells me it cant do it and i need to use the addon menu....
    when googling this, i keep get redirected to the rasp pi or droid version instead of mine....

For the moment, yes.
    thinking back, i did notice that debian and geexbox were both single partition OS (EXT4) , where OE and LE are dual partitioned(one FAT16 and one EXT4).
    i think what might have happened is that while working in debian, i did tried to get handbrake, xbmc, and retroarch in one system,
    and i think this toggled something in the cubox itself. i not sure what fixed it, but i glad it's fixed.
    that said, i still would like to know if that machine-id error was script-related
    or maybe it couldn't find the second partition even though it said it did....

well, after more messing around, i think one of the images flip a switch or toggle or something...now it seem to work.
    although i would like to know what caused the "failed to start setting machine-id" error though.

(
    Before reading,know that i will make a lot of assumptions, so please bear with me. i did try to google this problem first, but it kept refering me the ordion version, not mine. i know basic linux, but only really simple stuff...
    )
    Ok,
    I have a cubox-i2ex, and this is the weird part...
    It started with an ignition setup and for a little while it was working.
    Now, after switching to several other images:
    OpenElec, Geexbox, debian(jessie and the 5.00 armbian), xbian(kodi with min. debian), lukka.

Now, LibreElec wont boot, and what make no sense is after i rewrote the image for the ~4 time,
    i alter the uEnv.txt to remove the "quiet" option and added a "progress" option to "see" what it was doing...

Sometimes it wouldnt resize the second partition( which i think is linked to storage)
    on the times where it did resize storage, i would see a line in red such as
    "Failed to start setting the machine-id" and when i check the System file, i saw that there were no folders created in
    storage other than lost+found(a.k.a mmcblkp2) and system had several link to places in storage(that weren't created like they were suppose to)...
    i also saw one or two line involving failed and a journel system i think.

after the problem started, it only boot a couple more separate times. if kodi showed up, i couldn't connect to the wifi (i suspect it's because the cubox has no "machine name") and with/without adjust any settings on the reboot, it mount storage, and system, and then hangs.
    on a few of those "hanging" sometimes after say ~15 mins, it says its mounting a "debug filesystem". on a sidenote, i want to ask (but i think i know the answer): can i wireless ssh into libreelec without wifikey?

So, my main question is this: after mulitple attempts and downloads, does libreelec hate cubox? i asks this because i have written the images to several cards of different sizes and companies. 5.00 debain and Geexbox works, but geexbox doesn't shutdown correctly, and i have grown to like the bluetooth interface( especially with wiimote). debian:i can't even getting xbmc to work with that.
    [hr]
    update: no matter the version:7.0 , 7.1 , 7.2 , 6.9*

It still wont boot....