Posts by Anard

Just, I have never been able to configure LE to use macOS's SMB share (it works only with SFTP), it was working OK only from Linux… but anyday without known reasons, it stopped working.

It's why I'd like to use the same protocol for both, and SFTP is the one I understand best.

Hi and thanks for your answer.

I could try it, as when I connect with the name used in ~/.config/hosts.conf it works.

But I think that if it don't understand the ~/.ssh/config 's Host, I'm afraid it won't use the identity file defined in the same config file.

Is there another way to configure an IdentityFile in ~/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml ?

About the Chroot, I thinks it's because of rights configuration :

All components of the pathname must be root owned directories that are not writable by any other user or group

Hi all,

I have a SFTP server (SSH access) which is for me the easiest way to configure it as it's simple to configure for macOS or Linux.

I created a "kodi" account which gives access to my shared disk. I'm now trying to configure SSH to enable Kodi to connect without password (with IdentityFile).

So I placed the "authorized_keys" file in kodi's .ssh folder on the server.

Here's my ssh_config on LibreElec :

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat .ssh/config
    Host     medias
    HostName medias-server
    User kodi
    IdentityFile /storage/.ssh/id_medias

Here is my hosts on LibreElec :

It's all OK, as I can connect with SSH in Terminal without password :

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # ssh medias
    Last login: Fri Nov 29 15:04:47 2019 from 192.168.1.YYY
    MediasServer:~ kodi$

Strangely, when I try to add sources from this server, I'm forced to use a password authentication. LibreElec recognize the host "medias-server" defined in .config/hosts.conf but not more the "medias" host which is defined in .ssh/config.

In .kodi/userdata/sources.xml, this line works well, with user & password authentication :

Code
    <path pathversion="1">sftp://medias-server:22//Volumes/Medias/Videos/Films/</path>

But not this one :

Code
    <path pathversion="1">sftp://medias//Volumes/Medias/Videos/Films/</path>

Could you help me to configure my sources to use a IdentityFile autenthication ? Also, I'd like to Chroot user kodi in /Volumes/Medias/ but as I add this line in my server's sshd_config, libreelec can't connect no more :

Code
    SSHD_CONFIG :
    [...]
    Match User kodi
        ChrootDirectory /Volumes/Medias/
        ForceCommand sftp
    [...]

LibreELEC:~ # ssh medias
    packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.1.XXX port 22: Broken pipe

Thanks for help.

Hi,

I tried to start last update (to LibreELEC 9.1.501) manually as it has never updated automatically.

After the update, boot was very long and after boot

• the theme have chaged (it was orange and now red)
    • all my library settings are gone (I use ssh disk, and all access pathes have disappeared of Kodi's config)
    • LibreELEC show an error message on boot :

LibreELEC has temporarely started in safe mode due to repetitive Kodi crashes[...]

It equally propose to paste a crash log file which is here : http://ix.io/1xha

Thanks very much for your help. I don't manage to re-configure my network ssh disk.

It seems that the jack output of the RPi doesn't meet standards. On my cable for example (mini-jack to RCA) the video is on the red cable. Usually, we have the video output on the yellow cable and sound (left/right) on the red/white.

So, you could try to connect your red or your white RCA cable on your monitor to see if it works better.

Hi and thanks for your answer.

My TV is a Panasonic plasma screen (TH-42PX71EA) which HDMI inputs are down. So my RPi is connected by composite output. If I understood well, CEC works with the HDMI port. So I can't use it... On boot, Kodi said me that it couln't connect to CEC adapter, after what I finally disabled it.

I think there is anything I don't understand well in the configuration of ir-keytable / lircd.

I tried irrecord reading this but generated file was strange...

So I searched for a preconfigured file. My remote is named EUR_7737Z50. I found this link which list various Panasonic remotes, but couln't find mine. I have downloaded the closest named file (EUR7724KF0.lircd.conf) and think that at least one of them could work with my remote (I need only left/right/top/bottom, OK, return, Home, Play and Stop keys), but I don't understand how to test these files on Kodi : I can't load them with [code]

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my_custom_remote[/code]

Indeed, irrecord file have not the same syntax as ir-keytable.

As you say, the simpler way could be to buy a well known remote, but if I could avoid buying...

Thanks so much for your help...

Hi.

I just received some IR receivers (VS838) and would like to use it to control LibreElec 9.0.1 on RPi 3B+ with my TV remote.

I'm reading the wiki but not sure I understand well...

First I add in my config.txt the line

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir

(I didn't found the dtoverlay=lirc-rpi)

To control that it works, i did with ssh

Code
    rc-ctl -r

and I could see lots of "pulse" and "space" lines. So I hinks my remote and receiver could work.

But it don't ontrol my Kodi... As the wiki says

The option to enable / disable Lirc in LibreELEC settings has been removed
    as well, lircd will now be started automatically if the
    /storage/.config/lircd.conf file is present.

I tried to add a lircd.conf file in /storage/.config/ (which is empty) with no results.

I tried to "the easy way", but the list of configurations in /usr/lib/udev/rc_maps is very long and I gave up after a dozen unsuccessful tries.

After what I tried in the "hard way" every available protocols. No one works...

When I searcch on the web, I see that everybody connect their ir receiver between "3.3v/GND and GPIO18", for example

These receivers are commonly poower with 5V Vcc, am I wrong ?

Thanks for your help, I don't understand how to use my tv remote and if I can do it...

PS : please excuse my "fr"english...

Hi.

I use LibreElec on a RasPi 3B+ which connects to a local network HDD containing my library.

I use differents sources in this hard drive to separate documentaries, movies, musical videos, shows, etc… and LibreElec ask me for a thumbnail for each of these sources.

But each of these sources is arranged and classified in different subfolders. I'd like that LibreElec use a thumbnail or icon too to help visually differentiate these subfolders but I can't see any option for this. Could it use the icon used for each folder in the local drive ? Or a png file contained in each folder ? In the worst case, could it use a thumbnail I define on case by case ?

Thanks for your help and please excuse my poor english… :shy:

Oh f...

Thank you for your answer, this will save me hours of unsuccessful searches.

But, do you know if it could be available on later versions of LE or not ? Or if there are unofficial repositories that could give a minimal web browser ?

Hi.

I'd like to install a real web browser in LibreELEC on my RPi3B+ install.

I've search in official addons but I can't find. I tried to install several "Web Interface" extensions but no one can launch.

Also, I can't find any "Chromium" add-on in the repositories.

What did I not understand ?

/shrug

Sorry, but I don't understand well how to... I'm a newbie ;)

Should I recompile from source ? As I don't succeed every time when I want to install any add-on, I'm not sure to be able to install anything without using Kodi's interface...

:blush: