Posts by lumpi

I realise now that there are no official aarch64 builds. I tried to build for the Allwinner A20 device and it failed (though for a different reason). Something is off with the `gdb` configuration when building for rpi4 aarch64 which makes linking fail.

I notice that there _are_ aarch64 configs for some other platforms (e.g. Allwinner A20). I've not tried them all but do any work?

Was the build system created for LibreELEC or is it taken from somewhere else?

Allwinner A20 is 32 bit, H5, H6 and A64 are 64 bit

Dear Chewitt,

Thanks for your review, i know according to README.md it's not ready for production use yet, anyway i tested the AP mode working well too.

I recently read about a wifi card from some other manufacturer which comes with a gpl source drop, and this wifi card seems to use the same ip as the xradio and the sources seem to be in a better shape than the Allwinner driver. But as I don't have such a wifi card i didn't pay any attention and don't remember where I've seen this, sorry...

Well, technically it would be sleep (suspend to RAM), not proper power on/off. I'm not sure anyone has any plans to work on IR in foreseeable future.

Yepp technically you are right, but how do I explain this to my mom? If you press power on the remote it goes off and never comes back ;)

I hope they will understand the concept of the remote controlled power outlet.

Thinking if I have to byte the sour apple and buy them an AppleTV, but I have no clue about this thing...

P.S. not expecting any actions by you, just explaining my point of view.

It's low priority for me but I'm accepting PRs if anyone else wants to do it :)

I don't think that any supported device in LE is powered from battery... Anyway, even if crust gets supported, only button will work for turn off/on. IR and CEC are not supported in crust (yet?).

Honestly a way to power on/off without pulling the plug would be great. IR might have to wait a while longer but that's ok :)

Now that the pinephone is having working images with crust FW for deep sleep and standby what is the status of crust for LE on Allwinner devices? Are there any plans or is it low priority for the time being?

Hello all!

I have cubieboard2, with compiled master branch of Libreeelec.

When I start cubieboard I see Libreelec logo, then Kodi logo, but after that nothing happen with black screen. I try to ping cubieboard by IP,but no luck.

1. Can anyone provide link to working image for cubieboar2?

2. What can be wrong with my setup?

Without knowing too much I'd suggest to add an usb TTL serial cable to the console port to see what happens.

I've had more success using the VIM2 dts with random boxes than the Q200/Q201 ones. That's also true of boot firmware - the 'vim2' suffix image on our test server is for emmc installs and has mainline u-boot in the imaage, but to test that you'll need to erase emmc first else the box will always find BL2 in emmc and use it.

Back to tampering with s912

I was quiet for a while, playing with the Manjaro image for VIM2.

Today it itched me to test the latest LE nightly for VIM2 to see how it's performing, as there are some hiccups with the Manjaro kernel in my opinion. But as you wrote instead of LE booted android. Is there any way to "patch" the LE image to boot from an SD on a box with an Android u-boot in EMMC? I just would like not to erase the EMMC before I'm 100% sure I won't need it anymore... So I rather play with LE sources or dd instead :)

Ok , I got a hint that there is a different image in nightly for exactly this case:

Today's one is called: LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80-nightly-20200802-eabee4a-box.img.gz and works fine once the dtb is set to the correct one for my box (q200) interestingly with VIM2 dtb I had a couple of reboots not sure if that was really the reason.

Can someone recommend a box that will work well with one of these LE images running from NAND?

I'm thinking to buy an orangepi 3, I guess those SBCs are usually a bit better documented than the tv boxes. Also for sure no secure boot.

Maybe jernej can comment if orangepi 3 is a reasonable recommendation or if it has some flaw. I think it has a good set of features including emmc.

Hi genidy.m

thanks for helping, that file has not made any change unfortunately.

When i put the SD card in the box and press the toothpick reset button it won't even power on at all.

thanks again.

I think toothpick is used for amlogic not for Allwinner, as far as I understand Allwinner always tries SD first.

The only button with regards to the boot process is the fel button for a boot via usb slave connection to a pc: Boot Process - linux-sunxi.org

I've no idea, but if you drop into the #librecomputer channel on freenode @lvrp16 (who owns LibreComputer) can either answer the Q or task on the Baylibre developers he pays to work on his boards to comment/investigate.

Man you know about anyone of importance in this business ;) thanks for the pointer!

chewitt I was digging further into the fips repo because I got curious about @tkaiser's cheating with DVFS with the blob bl30 on the Cortex M thread in armbian forum from 2018.

Interestingly the tartiflette bl30 and the le potato bl30 are both exactly the same build from 2018:

gxl_v1.1.3308-45470c4 2018-04-12 16:22:58 jenkins@walle02-sh

what would you expect, will this stay like this, or will libre tech push out a newer version, that might be more transparent, as seemingly hardkernel's is?

I know it doesn't really matter, i'm just wondering because i'm getting loads of weird kernel traces probably because of the DVFS stuff, but well currently I'm not having the time to dig too deep into it, so whenever something pokes me, i'm having a go at it at night :P

I forgot to list OrangePi 3 board.

Thanks for nice words! To be fair, RK and AML projects are covered with very good developers too, but they have a bit less time to work on LE. We also work together on common features and one peripheral used on those SoCs is even the same (HDMI encoder), so improvements one make directly benefit others.

That's actually the board I'm thinking to buy as an experimenting ground for LE and Manjaro.

Honestly for me it was always easiest to find a way to communicate with you, very normal.

Recently I found a second home with the Manjaro ARM community, they are not kernel hackers, but one level more downstream on distribution level, closer to mere mortal linux users, but very nice community open to all aarch64 SOCs with a focus on pine and khadas and odroid ;)

That became now quite OT...