How to revive an S912?

• chewitt I was digging further into the fips repo because I got curious about @tkaiser's cheating with DVFS with the blob bl30 on the Cortex M thread in armbian forum from 2018.

Interestingly the tartiflette bl30 and the le potato bl30 are both exactly the same build from 2018:

gxl_v1.1.3308-45470c4 2018-04-12 16:22:58 jenkins@walle02-sh

what would you expect, will this stay like this, or will libre tech push out a newer version, that might be more transparent, as seemingly hardkernel's is?

I know it doesn't really matter, i'm just wondering because i'm getting loads of weird kernel traces probably because of the DVFS stuff, but well currently I'm not having the time to dig too deep into it, so whenever something pokes me, i'm having a go at it at night :P

• I've no idea, but if you drop into the #librecomputer channel on freenode @lvrp16 (who owns LibreComputer) can either answer the Q or task on the Baylibre developers he pays to work on his boards to comment/investigate.

Man you know about anyone of importance in this business ;) thanks for the pointer!

• I've had more success using the VIM2 dts with random boxes than the Q200/Q201 ones. That's also true of boot firmware - the 'vim2' suffix image on our test server is for emmc installs and has mainline u-boot in the imaage, but to test that you'll need to erase emmc first else the box will always find BL2 in emmc and use it.

Back to tampering with s912

I was quiet for a while, playing with the Manjaro image for VIM2.

Today it itched me to test the latest LE nightly for VIM2 to see how it's performing, as there are some hiccups with the Manjaro kernel in my opinion. But as you wrote instead of LE booted android. Is there any way to "patch" the LE image to boot from an SD on a box with an Android u-boot in EMMC? I just would like not to erase the EMMC before I'm 100% sure I won't need it anymore... So I rather play with LE sources or dd instead :)

Ok , I got a hint that there is a different image in nightly for exactly this case:

Today's one is called: LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-9.80-nightly-20200802-eabee4a-box.img.gz and works fine once the dtb is set to the correct one for my box (q200) interestingly with VIM2 dtb I had a couple of reboots not sure if that was really the reason.

Edited once, last by lumpi (August 2, 2020 at 11:28 PM).