Status of Crust FW

• Now that the pinephone is having working images with crust FW for deep sleep and standby what is the status of crust for LE on Allwinner devices? Are there any plans or is it low priority for the time being?

• It's low priority for me but I'm accepting PRs if anyone else wants to do it :)

I don't think that any supported device in LE is powered from battery... Anyway, even if crust gets supported, only button will work for turn off/on. IR and CEC are not supported in crust (yet?).

• It's low priority for me but I'm accepting PRs if anyone else wants to do it :)

I don't think that any supported device in LE is powered from battery... Anyway, even if crust gets supported, only button will work for turn off/on. IR and CEC are not supported in crust (yet?).

Honestly a way to power on/off without pulling the plug would be great. IR might have to wait a while longer but that's ok :)

• Well, technically it would be sleep (suspend to RAM), not proper power on/off. I'm not sure anyone has any plans to work on IR in foreseeable future.

Yepp technically you are right, but how do I explain this to my mom? If you press power on the remote it goes off and never comes back ;)

I hope they will understand the concept of the remote controlled power outlet.

Thinking if I have to byte the sour apple and buy them an AppleTV, but I have no clue about this thing...

P.S. not expecting any actions by you, just explaining my point of view.