Posts by hundrakg

LibreELEC-Generic-legacy.x86_64-11.0.1.img.gz on an old PC with 4 core AMD CPu and ATI Radeon 7770 1Gb graphicscard.

When playing 23.976 fps 1080P H264 NO problems, smooth flow, but when Playing 25fps 1080p H264 sometimes it gets choopy like every second it "jumps" a bit. strange thing is if I stop that choppy video and start it again it can play perfect....

sync to display disabled

auto refreshrate on start/stop, delay 3 seconds

HW decode enabled

otherwise nothing special chanced in settings,

Is this a hdmi handshake problem?

Yamaha reciever and a simple 1080p TV LCD

Hi, just wunder why there is support for (Whitelist in kodi) 23.976 hz in som PC hardware but not in others?

And how do one know if there is support in a new PC hardware for 23.976 hz, is there o way to check?

ok, thanks, maybee of topic, but does this newer ones support HW Acceleration on Older Nvidia cards like GTX 660 ?

Have on older PC with a GTX 660 and would like to try Generic LE 11.0 on a USB stick only for 1080p videos

didnt see this: "Generic PC (no NVIDIA support)"

Well.... I have to see if it doable on my even older PC with a Radeon 7770 card?

Hi. Rpi4 has h264 hw support up to 1080p, but how does it handle vc1 software 1080p, can it manage it without struggle?

Reason for asking Its impossible to buy a rpi3 now, so the rpi4 is the closest. Im not interested in 4K, only being able to play vc1 1080p smooth...

Of course i can buy a pc for like $ 500 , but i dont want to spend so much, and dont have place for pc .

ok, but does all S905 support 24bits LPCM multichannel output, then why did wrxtasy say: "And yes the 24bit Kernel HDMI output signalling changes talked about in that thread are in the LE v8.2.5.x versions onwards" it seems version below 8.2.5 dont support that..

I always thoght it was HW limited by Android S905 and that LE 8.2.5 was coded to support that anyway.

Its very hard to confirm 24 bit output, you need some analyzer hdmi of some sort, As far as I know there is no Receiver that could show 24 vs 16 bit input via HDMI, so I dont know how to confirm this. Receivers via hdmi can confirm only 48/96/192khz and they can confirm if 2 channel or 5-7 channel, but not 24 or 16 bits.

for example, The Nvidia Shield TV only support 16 bits if LPCM 5.1, and only 2 channel 24 bits.

in this thread, I post a link:

OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?

wesk05 says: "All Amlogic devices are limited to 16-bit output. An HDMI analyzer or a HDFury Vertex will show you the maximum word length (bit depth) set in the Channel Status Bits of the HDMI signal. 24-bit doesn't necessarily mean that the output is indeed 24-bit, but if these bits are set to 16-bit (max word length-20), then 24-bit output is completely ruled out and that is what you would see with Amlogic devices."

No way to check easy if output is 16 or 24 bits in LPCM 5.1, amlogic chipset is limited to 16 bit out in LPCM, just wanted to verify if later version LE also did support 24bits LPCM like the

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img

24-bit output
    You sure? I thought I read a post from wesk05 on the Kodi forum, that all AMlogic devices are limited to 16bit audio when not bitstreamed 😥 Although that…
    discourse.osmc.tv

And yes the 24bit Kernel HDMI output signalling changes talked about in that thread are in the LE v8.2.5.x versions onwards

Hi, Ive got a small problem, but big to me :) .

I have a Rpi3 that is flawless with smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264, never had any problems with it so ever.

Now I need one more mediaplayer in my other room to my new LG OLED B1 .

There is no chance on getting one more Rpi3 here where I live, so I looked at the new Rpi4 BUT from what Ive read so far there is no support in HW for VC-1 playback, so I cant buy that one. Any suggestions? I can buy a android box but there was also a problem with sound in some of these not being able to output perfect 24bits 5.1 sound from kodi, it was downgraded to 16 bits, dont remember whare Ive read that, but was a long time ago, think it was Android 905 or 915?

I want perfect 24 bits 5.1 sound output and HW support for smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264.

How about a new PC, like a new Intel cpu gen12 or amd ryzen based one, will they support perfect 24 bits 5.1 sound output and HW support for smooth playback on 1080p VC-1 and H264 with LE booted into an usb stick?

Ive looked at the new Nvidia Shield, but from experience with my older ones they dont do well with kodi, so I will skip that one.

(If it makes any difference I will playback only from external 2.5" harddrive)