Posts by hundrakg

Apparently you disabled everything including the storing of settings :D

No, debug logging is for ... debug logging. Nothing else. Running LibreELEC on a USB is not what I would recommend. USB sticks can/will wear out sooner or later. They don't have TRIM functionality like SSDs do.

Enabling your logfile is the first step for troubleshooting. Because saving resume points and/or watched states is done in the video library, and it's possible that this file has corrupted at some point. It is one of the very few files in LibreELEC that is being updated time after time.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Would it be better to run LE with a micro sd card vs usb stick? to last longer

Do debugg logging need to be enable to remember last position in movies?

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.5.img on usb stick booting into several HTPC:s, it never remembers where I left off last time if I want to continue watching next time,

I also have to Audio offset to my prefered +100ms every time I restart LE...

Have I missed something, I have all debugg loggings disabled and all services disabled, I also have internet connecttions disabled..

Deinterlaced is greyed out, and if I turn of HW decoding, then cpu load must be really hight as the video stuuters poor now,,,, so cant try those settings...

I guess I have to accept is only plays 23.976 1080p, and not 1080i 29.97....... better accept it then laying 10 more hours trying to find the issue....

I just thought a S905X box like the T95m was capable of playing those files without macroblocking, but no problems, I accept it :)

ok, thanks, will try disable deinterlacing first, then check cpu....

disable HW decoding wil probably not be an option as I think the CPU load will be to high.

I need 24 bits audio also on this box, so I need to stick with wrxtasy:s version: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2.5-Chroma.422.10bit.img, as for what I know this is the only version with 24 bits audio to a S905 box...

Thanks...

ouch, Im sorry, didnt think the first one did post.... keep this one, remove the other one please....

To me it seems it must be some hardware problem, how come otherwise only 1080i is affected?

My settings in LE Kodi are always simple, no iternet, no logging, always playing from external harddrives.....

Just wundering if the resolution can be the problem, playing 1080i videos on 1366x768 TV, strange thing is my other s905 box does it fine......

Its timeconsuming trying to narrow it down...

If anyone have some tip, I will try, Next step for me will be connect it to a 1080p TV, even if I dont think thats the reason...

I have this T95m tv box, android, Android 6.0, 905x, and 1gb ram...

pp_366023.html

Lets skip to much intro talk :)

Almost every 1080i 29,97fps Video Im getting macro blocking like once in a minute, never on 1080p 23,976 fps....

WHY? It should be an OK box to play 1080 resolution videos, good reveiews...

tried many LE version same thing...

Hdmi cable?

resolution problem, as the TV is a 1366x768 pixel one...

Tried it directty to TV and via a receiver, same thing..

Maybee should try on a 1080p TV, but could that really be the problem?

Hi, just read that micro SD card must be good enough, to hold in time.. that got me a little bit concerned if my micro SD card will hold up.

Someone said the card will only hold like 6 month before is worn out..

Im running LE in a Rpi3, works great...

I now have the Sandisk micro SD ULTRA 16GB card: https://www.amazon.co.uk/sandisk-microsdhc-memory-adapter-performance/dp/b073k14cvb

I only use LE in the Rpi3 for watching 1080p videos, no logging, no internet, and as clean as possible in settings.

I use the Rpi3 for like 2 hours 2-3 times a week,

Is that card OK, will it hold over time?

Just wanted to ask if there is an issue of getting macroblocks/artifacts on certain hardware and not on other?

Im using LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img

Only playing local files threw USB or HDD

Im getting macroblocks/artifacts random, like 2-3 times per 5 minutes, hardware: android box T95M, S905X, 2gb ram.

Never on 1080p 23.976 hz, always on 1080i 29.97hz ......

So far on 3 videos, one from what I did see did not suffer from this....

The videos that are affected are M2TS or MKV or ISO, so it doesent matter what type of format..

Ive noticed my resolution is not present to chose in LE setting, my TV is a LED 32" with 1366x768 pixels, so I choose 1080p in setting...

Ive tried all kind of fps setting, Ive tried : adjust display refresh rate all setting, STILL SE SAME....

Tried different usb drives, different HDD:s, different usb ports, different HDMI cables, STILL THE SAME....<X

Then I decided to try my Venz V10 android box, S905 , 1gb ram, (used the same setting in this one as the other one, same 1080p setting and so on)

So far no problems, so it seems this one is working...:huh:

My question is: Could it be some less good hardware in the T95M box that is causing this? compared to my Venz V10 android box

Because the only thing that is changed is swapping Android boxes, other is same: LE version, same cables, same TV, same settings, same usb stick wich the videos are in..

At first I thought it had something to do with resolution, but both boxes cant find my TV resolution so Im running 1080p on both, no difference in this matter.

The strange thing is it never happens with 1080P 23.976 videos only on 1080i 29.97hz

Any tips to try? or is my T95M box bad ?

2 things:

Why is the Pi3b+ so much more unstable? or is it?

And is there anyone who has measured what gpu load(HW decoding) when playing 1080p bluray videos with Pi3?

Ive always wanted to know that, but I know there is no easy way to measure it, but maybee someone has?

The cpu load is fairly low 20-25%, that is easy to check, but it would have been very interesting knowing the gpu load also.......

I have some time ago tested with different 1080 p bitrate files, If I remember right there was a limit around 80mbit/s and over, but dont know how well that relates to GPU load, as "normal bluray" is around 40mbit/s you could guess the load should be somewhere around 50%, but as I said, I dont know if thats the way you have to calculate it....

Is there any 1080p "bluray" h.264 or VC-1 that are close to the limit of what the Pi3 can handle? maybee som 60fps videos?

I have a few option, well to be honest I have 10 different hardwares to play LE in right now.(2 Rpi3, 2 Android boxes with S905 and S905X, 6 HTPC:s with different harware all from Intel Graphics, AMD and Nvidia).......

And if only the main porpuse is to: playing 1080p videos (H.264 and VC-1) and letting kodi put out LPCM 5.1 sound with LE 8.2.x

I found the most stable and reliable Hardware until now to be Raspberry Pi3....

With both Android:s and HTPS:s, I have a few problems that I remember, all different types, cant mention all of them now, but cant remember any so far with Pi3...

With the most stable I mean: no hickups, no stutter, no black screens, no strange audio fenomen or other weird things happening....

With the most reliable I mean: Easy startup, compability with other hardware like usb drives, usb sticks, mouses and keyboards. And also the boot and the way it feels stable when in menus...

AM I RIGHT? Or should they all perform flawless, if everything else in the chain is perfect as can be..

did check another portable 2.5" harddrive with the same video that gave me problem before, didnt know I had that video there also, now it plays fine... so its not related to the drive being to slow I think.... Maybee just a glitch that time somehow....Will not dig too deep into it...if it happens again I will write here..

update: meybee it is something with that one video file, when I checked other videos also with multiple m2ts files, it is all OK! even on other PC i have, no problems.... If I get more problems with videos like that, I will continue asking here.....

I dont have that specific video longer, so I cant check that one in other PC i have with LE ..... But as I said, it is all OK with other videos, so I guess that one must have been strange someway...

When running a 1080p 24hz video H.264 with mupltiple m2ts files, LE 8.2.5 buffers between these, and skips like 4-6 seconds, same place and always between m2ts(where the one eds and next is suppose to continue)...... It never happens when the video is ONE big m2ts file or one big MKV......

Never happens in Windows with Kodi 17.6, never happens in Windows with MPC-HC...

Just asking if there is a way to prevent this, or something I missed to enable/disable in settings...

Also wunder if my PC is to slow, but I think it should be fast enough to handle 1080p h.264 files even if the folder contains several m2ts.....

PC specs:

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Single 4gb ddr ram

Asus GTX 730 2gb silent

The cpu load is around 10%

and the GTX 730 should not have any problem running 1080 p videos at all from my knowing..

Any tips?